Japan Women's NT 2022

• Never fuck with facebook freak that saw a 5 minute clip and decides to deem that player strong. Thank god for the block option. Not even Koga stans are this annoying but at least she's worth defending

• LMFAO IGNORED TO THE FULLEST

Tsk tsk. If only you didn't write this. Then I would have been ignored:lol::lol:

anyway, let's talk objectively shall we? Let's stop hating on a player and saying she did badly when clearly she did okay. That's straight up LIES, something this forum clearly don't want.

• Never fuck with facebook freak that saw a 5 minute clip and decides to deem that player strong. Thank god for the block option. Not even Koga stans are this annoying but at least she's worth defending

Never fuck with someone who didn't watch the entire tournament and deemed the 2nd highest scorer in her team as not strong. Tell me again how the 2nd highest scorer in a team and in the top 10 overall (preliminary round) is NOT strong?

• I don't suppose anyone remembers Hiroko Hakuta? she was a former player from Megumi Kurihara's era. A V2 player who also had NT ambitions. She was almost promoted to a V1 team (not through team challenge) when she decided to play in Germany. Hakuta did well, won some awards in Germany and eventually retired. I think she is the closest to being the only player that did well overseas. She also worked with JVA briefly for the earlier U Squads.

Did she play in Bundesliga the same year Meg Kurihara was transferred to Dinamo Kazan?

• unless Japan increased their time at the gym like their western counterpart, then your statement would have merit.

I think Japan really needs to increase their time at the gym. Koga, Inoue, Ishii, and Kurogo are nowhere near Gabi's explosiveness, considering that these girls are of the same height (180 cm). Even Fe Garay, who stands 179 cm, is more explosive than any >=180 cm Japanese OHs. I've never seen Koga spike at over 87 km/hr. It's usually around 75-83 km/hr. Well, I think it has to do with her preference for precision over power.

In terms of block reach, records say that Kurogo has the highest block reach among these 180 cm girls, but I've never seen the Japanese OHs block with their whole head above the net when they play against terminating OPs with high spike reach. Meanwhile, Gabi blocks with her whole head and underarms above the net when she plays against Egonu, yet she's only 180 cm and has lower block reach than Kurogo. Even Saori at 185 cm had never done that. Do the Japanese deliberately block up to their elbow pads? Or is it because they don't have enough muscle power to do that coz they spend less time at the gym?

I read somewhere a long time ago Suelle Oliveira, Himeji's first ever import, a Brazilian, said they spend so much time in ball training, less time building muscles/gyming. This makes me think that this is probably why the Japanese have the best ball coordination skills, but lack explosiveness especially the middles.

• I think Japan really needs to increase their time at the gym. Koga, Inoue, Ishii, and Kurogo are nowhere near Gabi's explosiveness, considering that these girls are of the same height (180 cm). Even Fe Garay, who stands 179 cm, is more explosive than any >=180 cm Japanese OHs. I haven't seen Koga spike at over 87/hr. It's usually around 75-83 km/hr. Well, I think it has to do with her preference for precision over power.

In terms of block reach, records say that Kurogo has the highest block reach among these 180 cm girls, but I've never seen the Japanese OHs block with their whole head above the net when they play against terminating OPs with high spike reach. Meanwhile, Gabi blocks with her whole head and underarms above the net when she plays against Egonu, yet she's only 180 cm and has lower block reach than Kurogo. Even Saori at 185 cm has never done that. Do the Japanese deliberately block up to their elbow pads? Or is it because they don't have enough muscle power to do that coz they spend less time at the gym?

I read somewhere a long time ago Suelle Oliveira, Himeji's first ever import, a Brazilian, said they spend so much time in ball training, less time building muscles/gyming. This makes me think that this is probably why the Japanese have the best ball coordination skills, but lack explosiveness especially the middles.

This will not happen because that's not their priority

• This will not happen because that's not their priority

Yeah I know. just wanted to express my disappointment over their blocking and "graciousness" when they spike. I mean if Carol at 183 cm can be the best blocker in the world and Gabi at 180 cm can be the best OH in the world, then why the Japanese can't? Many say that height is the only missing thing that Japan needs to dominate the volleyball scene. But looking at Nana Iwasaka, Megumi Kurihara, Ayaka Matsumoto, and Maiko Kano, it seems to me that Japan won't ever get a gold medal in any senior-level world tournament even if they're taller.

One more thing, aren't the Japanese known for their "intense" volleyball coordination training at high school, middle school, and elementary that's why they're really good at defense?. I mean they ought to be gyming more when they go pro after all those years of developing their volleyball muscle memory.

• .I mean if Carol at 183 cm can be the best blocker in the world and Gabi at 180 cm can be the best OH in the world, then why the Japanese can't? Many say that height is the only missing thing that Japan needs to dominate the volleyball scene. But looking at Nana Iwasaka, Megumi Kurihara, Ayaka Matsumoto, and Maiko Kano, it seems to me that Japan won't ever get a gold medal in any senior-level world tournament even if they're taller.

just like what that Italian coach said. Good point.

Thailand even hits harder than them

• Is this part of her JOC initiatives or her separate program? Pocari is a huge sponsor

• Good news. But disregarding other points of conversation and deem it fake, when it clearly isn't, is just sad. And childish