Japan Women's NT 2022

• sitenoise  Phoenix they are siblings

https://www.instagram.com/stor…_114/2887216871583445314/

Someone save Ayano's career path at Kurobe

I thought I posted confirmation of that a while back

lol - Kurobe is going to depend a lot on the coach. I got the feeling so many of their players bolted because of the coaching change. I don't know if it's because they don't like the incoming coach or were just sad the old one was leaving ... but I believe there was some kind of bad feelings

If Kurobe could snag a couple more of the reasonably talented free agents, add Tugba, they could be competitive. Bummer they lost that libero, tho

• just wanted to express my disappointment over their blocking and "graciousness" when they spike.

I love that ... their "graciousness" when they spike :drink:

If you watch HS, Uni, V2, even 9-ball, there are players who don't have that. I still contend that this "graciousness" is demanded of players on the NT track. The whole "don't make mistakes" thing

When I look at Gabi and Herbotts, I don't see magnificently toned gym rat bodies. I see a couple players with attitude

• I love that ... their "graciousness" when they spike :drink:

If you watch HS, Uni, V2, even 9-ball, there are players who don't have that. I still contend that this "graciousness" is demanded of players on the NT track. The whole "don't make mistakes" thing

When I look at Gabi and Herbotts, I don't see magnificently toned gym rat bodies. I see a couple players with attitude

Have you seen Gabi's abs?

but yes, those two players are more daring and not afraid to make mistakes. i think their diet is also partly the reason for those powerful swings.

The Japanese are a little "soft" in comparison.

• I read somewhere a long time ago Suelle Oliveira, Himeji's first ever import, a Brazilian, said they spend so much time in ball training, less time building muscles/gyming. This makes me think that this is probably why the Japanese have the best ball coordination skills, but lack explosiveness especially the middles.

This gets brought up from time to time ... I don't think it's anything more than one player's preference for training and what makes her feel the best in her body

Maybe it's just her whining about not being able to keep up with Japan's never ending minute long rallies in practice she brought up ... "the Japanese never get tired" she said

Bottom line for me: I watched every match she played with Himeji that year. Her greatest contribution was reception, actually pretty good. She was not an explosive attacker, or great blocker, like say Neriman at the same height

Strength and endurance aren't the same thing, but endurance can be a strength. Not sure about the other way around

I wouldn't oppose Japanese players spending more time "in the gym", but for the reason that strength of body can increase strength of mind

Watch a Brilliant Aries match some time. Yuka Tomizawa is a banger (168cm) :rose:It seems the shorter players tend to swing with more violence and follow thru. Rino Murooka is a banger. Maybe it's an illusion, tho

• Watch a Brilliant Aries match some time. Yuka Tomizawa is a banger (168cm) :rose:It seems the shorter players tend to swing with more violence and follow thru. Rino Murooka is a banger. Maybe it's an illusion, tho

I notice that too. Science says shorter atheletes tend to be more agile, which I think makes their approach and swing look aggresive. Their one-size-fits-all training doesn’t seem to benefit their taller players that much tho. Xintian Fu at 187 cm has a very “Chinese” attitude in court but her attacks are so “Japanese.” They also had the opportunity to transform Xinmuyi Zhang (202 cm) into a monster but it seems like she’s trained the way everybody else (shorter ones) were trained. Another model is Alondra Tapia (195 cm). Her performance as a middle is becoming “Japanese.”

Melissa Valdes is a different case tho. I wonder if she receives special treatment/trained differently. Japan is meticulous about form but she does the circular arm swing, not the L-shaped one that everybody does. Her vertical jump is also monstruous (325 cm spike reach 😶). Or maybe her jumping ability has to do with her Cuban genes?? idk

• I notice that too. Science says shorter atheletes tend to be more agile, which I think makes their approach and swing look aggresive. Their one-size-fits-all training doesn’t seem to benefit their taller players that much tho. Xintian Fu at 187 cm has a very “Chinese” attitude in court but her attacks are so “Japanese.” They also had the opportunity to transform Xinmuyi Zhang (202 cm) into a monster but it seems like she’s trained the way everybody else (shorter ones) were trained. Another model is Alondra Tapia (195 cm). Her performance as a middle is becoming “Japanese.”

Melissa Valdes is a different case tho. I wonder if she receives special treatment/trained differently. Japan is meticulous about form but she does the circular arm swing, not the L-shaped one that everybody does. Her vertical jump is also monstruous (325 cm spike reach 😶). Or maybe her jumping ability has to do with her Cuban genes?? idk

What are one-size-fits-all training? If there was some sort of difference in training techniques between taller and shorter athletes that would make them more prone to injuries. I've honestly never heard of it nor have I seen any difference in training between Takeshita or Saori, Megumi Kurihara or Sano

• What are one-size-fits-all training? If there was some sort of difference in training techniques between taller and shorter athletes that would make them more prone to injuries. I've honestly never heard of it nor have I seen any difference in training between Takeshita or Saori, Megumi Kurihara or Sano

I’m referring to their a bit much time spent on ball training which seems to work better for the shorter athletes. Their atheltes with western height say Nana Iwasaka, who’s as tall as Chiaka Ogbogu, lack explosiveness which I think stems from excessive ball training, less gyming. Example, the youngsters’ greatness in the under category fades away once they move up to the senior level because that’s when they face well-conditioned professional tall athletes (tall,explosive, and agile).

• I’m referring to their a bit much time spent on ball training which seems to work better for the shorter athletes. Their atheltes with western height say Nana Iwasaka, who’s as tall as Chiaka Ogbogu, lack explosiveness which I think stems from excessive ball training, less gyming. Example, the youngsters’ greatness in the under category fades away once they move up to the senior level because that’s when they face well-conditioned professional tall athletes (tall,explosive, and agile).

Would you say for example that Sarah Wilhite is a more explosive player compared to Ishii? How would you compare Stevanovic or Aleksic to Yamada and Hammy in terms of explosiveness? I'm not sure I get what you mean.

• This thread moves too fast I can barely keep up omg. Who is this she that said it?

Nishida used to spend an excess of 9 hours in the gym before perfecting his vertical+spike trajectory and he got injured just before VNL last year and injured again when he was in Italy. It's not healthy.

• Nishida used to spend an excess of 9 hours in the gym before perfecting his vertical+spike trajectory and he got injured just before VNL last year and injured again when he was in Italy. It's not healthy.

its not reasonable either to spend beyond 5 to 6 hours which the NT and V1 clubs already follow. That's going to create more strain than condition the body.

• its not reasonable either to spend beyond 5 to 6 hours which the NT and V1 clubs already follow. That's going to create more strain than condition the body.

5-6 hrs is the standard anywhere in the world and in most high impact sports, usually broken down into 3-4 workouts per day. athletes recovering from an injury follow through with additional hours in order to do conditioning exercises and therapy targeted to their individual needs. As you age and depending on genetics, your joints wear down fast increasing the risk to injury so "spending more time in the gym" will only speed up that disaster.

• Would you say for example that Sarah Wilhite is a more explosive player compared to Ishii? How would you compare Stevanovic or Aleksic to Yamada and Hammy in terms of explosiveness? I'm not sure I get what you mean.

Yes, Sarah Wilhite isn’t that explosive but she does well for her height. Aleksic and Stevanovic are centimeters away from Hammy and Yamada so I won’t compare them, but those Serbian MBs are actually great in European standards. I’d compare Yamada and Hammy to Carol instead since they’re around the same height. If you watch v.league, I’m sure you get what I mean. The clubs rely too much on the explosiveness of their imports. If the import is not explosive (I’m referring to high spike reach and high block reach as well not just power), then the team can’t depend much on that import, which is the case of Sarah Wilhite in NEC so you got it right. But again she does well for her height.