Japan Women's NT 2022

• I think this is more important for Airi. Better if they put her in a team against Koga in all the games so she can improve her pace when she has to match the offense.

I wonder if Rena will join the Asian Championship. She was Best Libero during the time Osanai won Best Hitter.

• Roster for AVC Cup (Team B) is now out LINK

OH/Opp: Miyu Nakagawa, Yuki Nishikawa, Hawi Okumu Oba, Miwako Osanai, Yuka Sato, Mikoto Shima, Mizuki Tanaka

MB: Asuka Hamamatsu, Chihiro Sasaki, Hiroyo Yamanaka

S: Mika Shibata, Nonoka Yamazaki

L: Moeri Hanai, Rena Mizusugi

• I give that a WOW because I wasn't expecting it, or maybe wasn't even thinking about it. It's ... everybody else

except Shion and Satomi :(

and apparently the Okayama players are boycotting it out of protest about something X(

• Satomi is in the Team A training camp right now, at least. Shion isn't a part of anything ;( She didn't even get in this AVC Cup roster even if they only have 3 middle blockers :down:

I wasn't sure which side of the fence Satomi was on. She made the wide cut scrunch but never got called to VNL, right?

I'm fearful Shion may be injured again? Hammy's doing double time. Doesn't smell right

hmm ... forgot about new It Girl Asano (and Nakamoto, I guess)

I can't wait to see this. I love B Team action

I was going to post my starting 6, and then didn't

• In her IG Stories she's present at both Saga's training camp and at Ajinomoto center. Did she not play in Summer League?

• In her IG Stories she's present at both Saga's training camp and at Ajinomoto center. Did she not play in Summer League?

Shion did play Summer League

• I'm very biased towards cutie libero even though I think Rena has more presence and is a lot faster than she is but I'm glad she's given this opportunity. There might be something there I honestly can't tell if she has potential

I'm suspicious of cute sometimes but Satomi was one of the great highlights of last V.League. Constantly. She's got potential coming out her ears. Rena seems invisible compared to Satomi, to me, but I'm often late on liberos

• What happened to Miyashita (and Kaneda)=O they dropped her completely. I wonder if she's just not up to it? it may sound ridiculous but so is her inclusion to this team. She was never given a chance to play from the very beginning.

• I'm happy Mika Shibata is getting some love at vbm (Part 1). She could turn out to be

• Shigekazu Okubo one of the London Olympics assistants, I think he was dropped during Rio for Yusuke Matsuta. Okubo was also formerly at Saga/Hisamitsu who was the one responsible for their flop 2019-20 and 2020-21 watermelon strategy, he left Saga for Ageo Medics (Lerbach to a V1 men's team).

I don't think he's a good coach tbh but it's interesting that he's sort of joining them in training just because he was part of the London crew.

• Shigekazu Okubo one of the London Olympics assistants, I think he was dropped during Rio for Yusuke Matsuta. Okubo was also formerly at Saga/Hisamitsu who was the one responsible for their flop 2019-20 and 2020-21 watermelon strategy, he left Saga for Ageo Medics (Lerbach to a V1 men's team).

I don't think he's a good coach tbh but it's interesting that he's sort of joining them in training just because he was part of the London crew.

Is he officially with the team?