Japan Women's NT 2022

• It was mentioned in one of the articles during the Red-White that it is because of her serve receive / reception skills. Just like in this game vs NED, they are trying her as a receiving libero.

she is a good receiver. And I think Koga wants her around

• Yamada's iconic serve and serve approach are completely gone :( I read recently that someone convinced her to do a two footed serve and didn't really know what that would look like. But seeing her in that friendly match it's night and day from what it was . Yamada has become an enigma

• Yamada's iconic serve and serve approach are completely gone :( I read recently that someone convinced her to do a two footed serve and didn't really know what that would look like. But seeing her in that friendly match it's night and day from what it was . Yamada has become an enigma

I knew it. Someone’s trying to change her. Who is that someone 😡? Her spike approach also changed. It became Iwasaka-like since VNL 2021. I want Yamada AVC 2019 back ☹️.

So lethal.

• So Airi is playing MB in today's friendly against NED ... at least in Set 3 when I tuned in. I kind of like the idea

• You can see all this "decision making" going on with Japan while they're playing. WTF? It's slows them down and kills their defense. High School players never do that

• The first two sets were really bad since their defense isn't there and Hayashi can't get a kill, so NED knows all hits will be from the OHs, but they improved starting the 3rd set. Their defense improved and Hayashi got her game back. They really need all the pins playing well, since NED is a good blocking team.

• What kind of site or station is TBS? Says they are going to broadcast the pre-OG thing. Can we watch that or do we have to have a cable TV subscription in Japan?

Relevant Tweetbox

• this appears to be on TBS live, so whole nation can watch it

ah, well it's for the WCh anyway. I thought it was about the pre-OG thing starting this weekend. I just copied the link from another post , and didn't look at it

• Based on tweets of someone in the venue, Japan won in straight sets vs Belgium.

This account on instagram also posted a lot of video clips of the match on their IG stories (https://www.instagram.com/ogsvolleyball/)

I think I mentioned this here before. OGS or OHCA was co-founded by Gen Kawakita where he also held training camps while staying in the US. When he left, former volley player Mayumi Watanabe took over as co-founder.

• Paris OG Pre-Games 2022

fri 9 September 2022 (Le Phare, Belfort)

22.00 | Argentina 3 - 2 Canada 25-17/20-25/25-21/24-26/15-13

00.30 | Japan 3 - 0 Belgium 25-17/25-18/25-21

03.30 | France 3 - 0 Colombia 26-24/25-17/25-20

(JST)

Staring Line up

JPN
    Inoue/ Shimamura/ Seki/ Hayashi/Yokota/ Koga
    L: Uchiseto, Fukudome (Ishikawa )

BEL
    3/ 4/ 7/ 10/ 15/ 19
    L: 18

(From vb_tawagoto twitter)