Japan Women's NT 2022

• ;(;(;(

• It's concerning that Koga is becoming injury prone.

But this brings us back to her backup should something like that happens. Miyabe is not going to work out. Why didn't Manabe bring someone more capable instead of Airi or her sister. They were already struggling to close the gap against Colombia. His lack of any concrete strategy is nauseating. This team will go down hard.

• Hopefully it's only a mild sprain, but if Koga is unable to fight in the match against Brazil it's about damn time Manabe shows us if Airi can do something for the team. If not, he needs to boot Airi off the team. I can't imagine why that would be a tough choice she hasn't done anything anyway. No reason to keep her around in the main team if all she does is watch the team "until she's ready"

• Hopefully it's only a mild sprain, but if Koga is unable to fight in the match against Brazil it's about damn time Manabe shows us if Airi can do something for the team. If not, he needs to boot Airi off the team. I can't imagine why that would be a tough choice she hasn't done anything anyway. No reason to keep her around in the main team if all she does is watch the team "until she's ready"

I think she keeps on spraining her ankle because she's jumping higher than what she's used to. It's not as bad as her sprain during Tokyo. She was still able to walk with some assistance and didn't need to be carried or anything. But it's better to make sure her ankle is really okay and that she doesn't push herself too much.

• given that they lose to china and brazil but win against argentina will they still qualify to the next phase?

Next phase = most defly, but will be hard to advance any further than that since they very likely need to fight with Netherlands, Belgium and Italy for a spot in the quarterfinal.

Watching the last 3 matches, it hurt to see how pathetic the serve receive was. Seki has been very much inconsistent with her sets, but the ball reception was in fact the root cause. The serve receive line up in this tournament is probably one of the worst, if not the worst since the WC 2015.

• At least Seki is playing defense

• Karl  Nghiphong  brahmin or really anyone can answer

Who were the aces during London and Rio Olympics? I don't think anyone has brought this up before. I'm curious because Joe Horie one of JVA's main photographers tweeted that 2012 and 2016 were "The Setter Era" does that mean the setters back then are considered aces?

London - Saori Ebata Otomo?

Rio - Saori Nagaoka Sakoda?

Tokyo - Koga Kurogo Mayu

• does that mean the setters back then are considered aces?

No, Ace is a title given to spikers only. You can't even call Sano an ace. Saori, Araki, Sano and Takeshita were "miracles / geniuses" which surpasses the whole ace title. Ace is more of a position of the strongest spikers in the team.

• Was Otomo considered an ace? I thought Sakoda was a London ace. Sakoda wasn't as active during Rio.

btw, Sakoda busted her acl for the first time in her life she said. Updates on her IG.

I don't know that's why I'm asking

• No like I said spikers only. Otomo is an MB. She was never an OH.

Ai Otomo was way before I got into vb. I don't know anything about her. I just know that she has a highschool daughter as tall as her. Someone posted that here

• Bring back Kojima. Remove the Miyabes, Sato and Uchiseto. He should give up on those 2 uni rookies. Neither are going to be anything close to Ebata or Ran Takahashi.

• I was never a big fan of Nabeya but Sato's serve is an eyesore. I would take Nabeya back in a heartbeat.

I think Sato is improving . Five of her seven serves have been errors but her pouty face about it is only 65-70% of what it started out as. That's progress :rolll:

• Kimura, was the ace of the team in London (and World Championship 2010).

If you said pillars of the London team, it would have been Takeshita, Sano and Otomo.

the other players Sakota, Ebata, Shinnabe, Konno were fairly interchangeable but performed when needed.

For Rio, Saori’s level had dropped a little but was still considered an ace by the media. Araki had moved up a little. Nagaoka and Sakota again were interchangeable.