Japan Women's NT 2022

• The lack of female Japanese players playing in bigger leagues is absolutely criminal I don't get why they're not being prioritized for transfer overseas. The best they could do is France?

No one has the right to complain about VBW not hyping the girls up since until now no one knows any of them.

I think that may come after Paris 24. Idk but I have this odd feeling that Koga is uncertain whether to challenge herself or not. She said she thought about retiring after Tokyo and it took some persuasion from Manabe. Depending on the results, if she does decide to retire after Paris then I doubt she'll be going anywhere.

• I think that may come after Paris 24. Idk but I have this odd feeling that Koga is uncertain whether to challenge herself or not. She said she thought about retiring after Tokyo and it took some persuasion from Manabe. Depending on the results, if she does decide to retire after Paris then I doubt she'll be going anywhere.

Koga is undoubtedly the best candidate and I'm sure there has been interests in her since VNL 2020 but like you said she may not want that anymore if she's set on ending her career after Paris.

She got injured at 2 major tournaments and wasn't able to fully play by WCh when it really mattered. We don't know how it'll turn out by next year leading to Paris. But I don't see playing outside Japan as a priority for her.

• YESSS YAMADA :dance4:

Then again when was the last time a Japanese MB played overseas? maybe never?

Erika Araki played in Italian league before. She wasn't anything spectacular though

Japanese players in general are functioning well in a particular system. Due to their physical limitation, with lack of good setters who can play Asian style fast game, they are not really high demand. Most people think japanese players would be great as receivers to cover a big area in a European club but I don't think they are made for that considering everyone covers their own area in Japanese clubs unless there is a foreign OH

• Erika Araki played in Italian league before. She wasn't anything spectacular though

Japanese players in general are functioning well in a particular system. Due to their physical limitation, with lack of good setters who can play Asian style fast game, they are not really high demand. Most people think japanese players would be great as receivers to cover a big area in a European club but I don't think they are made for that considering everyone covers their own area in Japanese clubs unless there is a foreign OH

I didn't know that. Do you remember which club Araki played for in Italy?

• Ishikawa brother is the only Japanese player ever to have a successful career playing outside of Japan and in Italy no less. He never did V League went straight to Italy so he said he never learned the Japanese way which needless to say is better for players in the NT. Compare that to Yanagida who became mediocre in Germany and was eventually kicked off the NT despite being "Ryujin Royalty"

• Ishikawa brother is the only Japanese player ever to have a successful career playing outside of Japan and in Italy no less. He never did V League went straight to Italy so he said he never learned the Japanese way which needless to say is better for players in the NT. Compare that to Yanagida who became mediocre in Germany and was eventually kicked off the NT despite being "Ryujin Royalty"

Now I get the whole "Your boy local, my King global" comments against Yanagida he's a V League fanservice king like Ishii

• Now I get the whole "Your boy local, my King global" comments against Yanagida he's a V League fanservice king like Ishii

this was started by ishikawa's hardcore fans probably 2019. there were a lot of petty fanwars back then especially when people thought yanagida was after ishikawa's crown.

local = yanagida

global king = ishikawa

when yanagida went to germany no one paid attention to him and he remained sort of that one guy from japan to most foreign fans unlike let's say ran takahashi who is RAN TAKAHASHI and not "some guy"

they said yanagida didn't get along with ishikawa anymore and when yanagida didn't get picked the following year people said yuki ishikawa somehow called it

• This is whack I love it. Yuki Ishikawa is THE NT anyway

But things haven't changed for the girls since Saori's time. It's like if you made it to Hisamitsu or Toray after being some kind of highschool hype that was already a big deal and these girls are prepped for the NT by their clubs. Now with Ishikawa and Ran's success going straight to Italy after uni that might change the whole system for the girls who are tall enough to go play in other countries.

• This is whack I love it. Yuki Ishikawa is THE NT anyway

But things haven't changed for the girls since Saori's time. It's like if you made it to Hisamitsu or Toray after being some kind of highschool hype that was already a big deal and these girls are prepped for the NT by their clubs. Now with Ishikawa and Ran's success going straight to Italy after uni that might change the whole system for the girls who are tall enough to go play in other countries.

I can't imagine that happening any time soon. Most of the uni girls I've seen are Ameze's height. Having someone as tall as Koga is probably 1 in a million for the majority of uni players. I think most of them don't have that kind of ambition beyond finishing school.