USA Women's NT 2022

• Nia Reed hás been playing way better than Cuttino

That's not that difficult, tbh.. But I'm impressed, she seems quite resourceful and not just sheer power kind of player

• She's played in 2... maybe 3 matches? For sure once in the league and once in the champions league (against teams that definitely didnt need JT to win)

That’s not even a Champions League match, but in CEV Cup as Ecz doesn’t qualify to play CL this season:lol: JT was even playing as OH in that match if my memory is correct.

My thought back then was JT finally recovered and Ecz/Ferhat just wanted to let her play in a relatively easy match for her as a warm up and experiment if she & Boskovic could be on court at the same time. But if JT wasn’t physically ready at all, the decision of the Ecz coaches to put her on court in that meaningless match definitely deserves criticism.

• That’s not even a Champions League match, but in CEV Cup as Ecz doesn’t qualify to play CL this season:lol: JT was even playing as OH in that match if my memory is correct.

My thought back then was JT finally recovered and Ecz/Ferhat just wanted to let her play in a relatively easy match for her as a warm up and experiment if she & Boskovic could be on court at the same time. But if JT wasn’t physically ready at all, the decision of the Ecz coaches to put her on court in that meaningless match definitely deserves criticism.

oops my bad.

it was pretty clear that Maja knew... she got 9 attacks the whole match (and several of them were just tips). Unnecessary to put her out there...

I wonder if her agent had anything to do with it... she just switched before her departure from Ecza. (I dont remember who her old one was though)

• Why would they force her to play? They don't need her much...

Because it is apparently more fun to blame Eczacıbaşı for everything:roll: as if it is even possible to force a grown-up international player to play while injured:aww: there are so many assumptions made in this thread, it is unbelievable:white:

• Because it is apparently more fun to play Eczacıbaşı for everything:roll: as if it is even possible to force a grown-up international player to play while injured:aww: there are so many assumptions made in this thread, it is unbelievable:white:

you don't think its possible for someone (or a team or anyone in a position of power) to force someone to do something?

honey-big-storm-comin.gif

• They probably asked her if she is willing to play and it was up to her decision. I really don't think they would force her to play. I'm sure she wanted to help the team and did her best.

You know sometimes your injuries seems like they are healing, you are feeling good and you want to give it a try and maybe after that they realized it's not healing and won't be in any time sooner. That's why they decided to release her.

I love JT and want her to be healthy and happy but we shouldn't make assumptions :)

• you don't think its possible for someone (or a team or anyone in a position of power) to force someone to do something?

honey-big-storm-comin.gif

Possible doesn't mean probable. It is also POSSIBLE that JT lied about severity of her injury. Now should we make the assumption and blame her? 🤦

• We can rephrase "forced" then... (even though with JT's wording.... I'm not convinced.)

It's irresponsible of Ecza's staff to let her play then, even if she wanted to.

Why is it responsibility of Eczacibasi but not JT?:white: She is the one responsible of taking care of her body, she is not a child. Jeez, you are so biased against Eczacibasi 😱 it is not even my favorite club but throwing random blames to any club is not nice

• Because it is apparently more fun to blame Eczacıbaşı for everything:roll: as if it is even possible to force a grown-up international player to play while injured:aww: there are so many assumptions made in this thread, it is unbelievable:white:

Power dynamics is a thing. It changes our usual behavior.That's why strong willed world champions can sometimes fall victim to a mousy midwestern doctor.

Possible doesn't mean probable. It is also POSSIBLE that JT lied about severity of her injury. Now should we make the assumption and blame her? 🤦

Eczacıbaşı would be so incompetent for this to be true. The whole world saw how that injury went down. You would think one of the biggest club in the world would do their due diligence before signing her. If they didnt have their own medical team examined JT before they put pen to paper then its not dificult to believe that they really have no idea how to deal with a player thats been sidelined or manage an injury.

• Eczacıbaşı would be so incompetent for this to be true. The whole world saw how that injury went down. You would think one of the biggest club in the world would do their due diligence before signing her. If they didnt have their own medical team examined JT before they put pen to paper then its not dificult to believe that they really have no idea how to deal with a player thats been sidelined or manage an injury.

Eczacı and JT had a valid contract already. She was signed for 2 years. They tired to break that contract during summer already, They tried to loan her. She was offered to THY and other teams as well.

I think both sides didnt expect this injury to not heal.

• Eczacı and JT had a valid contract already. She was signed for 2 years. They tired to break that contract during summer already, They tried to loan her. She was offered to THY and other teams as well.

I think both sides didnt expect this injury to not heal.

So the conjecture that "its also possible that JT lied..." is dead on track and we're back to Ecza and their not so clean cut history with dealing with an injured player. Good.

• So the conjecture that "its also possible that JT lied..." is dead on track and we're back to Ecza and their not so clean cut history with dealing with an injured player. Good.

That wasn't my point. This JT-Eczacıbaşı topic won't get anywhere. Unless one of them speaks about it.

I really don't think there is anyone to blame here. It was an on going injury, happened in beginning of August, JT came to Turkey 1, 5 month later. It should've been healed already considering it was nothing serious (JT's IG POST, July 31) They waited for it to heal, it didn't. JT needed more time, Eczacıbaşı need a backup OPP. It must be a mutual agreement to break the contract.

Wishing her very best and hoping to see her on court kicking our NT again. We should move on :)

• That wasn't my point. This JT-Eczacıbaşı topic won't get anywhere. Unless one of them speaks about it.

I really don't think there is anyone to blame here. It was an on going injury, happened in beginning of August, JT came to Turkey 1, 5 month later. It should've been healed already considering it was nothing serious (JT's IG POST, July 31) They waited for it to heal, it didn't. JT needed more time, Eczacıbaşı need a backup OPP. It must be a mutual agreement to break the contract.

Wishing her very best and hoping to see her on court kicking our NT again. We should move on :)

I didnt mean to sound rude. I only replied to this topic because he pulled that out of nowhere. I just dont like anyone putting that idea out there of someone with no history of such act and all the while trying to make case for an organization that had been accused before of not handling injuries well.

• I didnt mean to sound rude. I only replied to this topic because he pulled that out of nowhere. I just dont like anyone putting that idea out there of someone with no history of such act and all the while trying to make case for an organization that had been accused before of not handling injuries well.

bingo!

• I didnt mean to sound rude. I only replied to this topic because he pulled that out of nowhere. I just dont like anyone putting that idea out there of someone with no history of such act and all the while trying to make case for an organization that had been accused before of not handling injuries well.

You don't get it, do you? I didn't claim that JT lied! Avid based his blames just because there's a possibility, and I gave that example as another possibility. The fact that there's a possibility doesn't make it a fair reason to blame a club.

Where does this bias come from? Some of you have this distorted idea of certain clubs being evil and you look for every single opportunity to throw shit on them. Without any single proof!

If we are throwing shitty claims without any base, I do genuinely believe that JT might have lied about her recovery and wanted to play herself without being fully recovered. I can't prove it, just like none of you can prove that Eczacibasi forced her to play. So let's end this discussion here without throwing any more baseless accusations

• Thaysa Said that she didnt know her condition and Kosheleva's doctor was the person that helped her tô figure out.

• You don't get it, do you? I didn't claim that JT lied! Avid based his blames just because there's a possibility, and I gave that example as another possibility. The fact that there's a possibility doesn't make it a fair reason to blame a club.

Where does this bias come from? Some of you have this distorted idea of certain clubs being evil and you look for every single opportunity to throw shit on them. Without any single proof!

If we are throwing shitty claims without any base, I do genuinely believe that JT might have lied about her recovery and wanted to play herself without being fully recovered. I can't prove it, just like none of you can prove that Eczacibasi forced her to play. So let's end this discussion here without throwing any more baseless accusations

As it’s stated below, I think people are making assumptions about Eczacibasi after that whole Thaisa situation..