USA Women's NT 2022

• I 100% disagree when it comes to the middles. I just don't think they've had enough time to gel. This was Ogbogu's first time being set by Poulter this summer.... and if this performance is stunted growth then I'll take it from her anyday! I do think Karch could've put in Rettke for Washington today though!

Rettke would've been a poor choice. It should've been Tapp (who has played with Poulter)

Carlini should've been brought in after set 2, if not 1.

• I don't think it makes sense to consider their score separately because they were never inside the court at the same time for obvious reasons. 22 points combined make the OPP position the best scorer for the US.

Agree, and Drews wasn’t bad after coming in from the 3rd set. 4/6 in 3rd set, 4/8 in 4th, 2/4 in 5th. It was just too many sets to OHs in the 5th set, KRob & Frantti combined got 10 (and Kelsey was 1/7…), while Drews got 4, the MBs only got one each.

• i mean we knew we're going to be a mess months before the start of the VNL and had about zero chance of repeating with so much turnovers in personnel, coaching + players but why am i still disappointed?

I 100% disagree when it comes to the middles. I just don't think they've had enough time to gel. This was Ogbogu's first time being set by Poulter this summer.... and if this performance is stunted growth then I'll take it from her anyday! I do think Karch could've put in Rettke for Washington today though!

You dont think Chiaka bench warming her way to stardom affected her development? I think it did, severely. She was clearly ahead of Hales when they started. I dont think you can say that now.

• i mean we knew we're going to be a mess months before the start of the VNL and had about zero chance of repeating with so much turnovers in personnel, coaching + players but why am i still disappointed?

because they were the best team in the preliminary phase. And if Frantti starts, there's probably a 95% chance that they win.

You dont think Chiaka bench warming her way to stardom affected her development? I think it did, severely. She was clearly ahead of Hales when they started. I dont think you can say that now.

idk judging by this game she's ahead

• I wouldn't be much worried if I were American. Remember 2014?! The US still remains the main contender for the gold at the WCH.

• idk judging by this game she's ahead

For this game...sure.

This L might actually be a good thing for Carlini. She played herself back in the conversation for the starting role. It's been a while but I think she's neck and neck with Paulter again. Its going to be interresting what happens now and what we're going to do if we don't get the good Paulter back before WC.

• It is just a bump on the road. I still see US as contender for the upcoming WCH. You guys have a lot of options, if Karch uses them properly, it won’t be like today.

but do we trust karch to do that? lol no.

he got bailed out in Tokyo by MBH and Larson (KRob and Hill were both injured.... not even to mention Hancock)

Kelsey-SWP-Frantti should all rotate alot within a match imo, I can see that work for USA. Let Plummer stay and be a cheerleader XD more than 3 options confuses Karch

Parsons probably lost her chance to become a starter for the USA NT and a big player. She had a dream season the previous year and she did not expoiled her as she should. She could go in a big club which could help her to become even better but she choose the money in the japanese league ( . She did not become better , instead she become worst. Now she reminds me the player who was before her season in nilufer. She does not something special anymore and I believe that is fair to be the 4th outide because she was moderate in VNL.

About the world championship I do not believe that the USA can win it if Kirally does not make changes in roster. After Robinson who is the best the next outside hitters who was good in VNL is Bajema and Frantti. After he can take Parsons( I still hope and want to see her play in her best form) or Kingdon who can help with the receive and defence when Bajema and Frantti is in back row. Plummer is good but she has no the personality ( yet) for stressfull and important matches.

• but do we trust karch to do that? lol no.

he got bailed out in Tokyo by MBH and Larson (KRob and Hill were both injured.... not even to mention Hancock)

yeah, that’s my worry as well. He is stubborn and he was same last summer but that’s another topic. I hope he’ll learn his lessons.

Parsons probably lost her chance to become a starter for the USA NT and a big player. She had a dream season the previous year and she did not expoiled her as she should. She could go in a big club which could help her to become even better but she choose the money in the japanese league ( . She did not become better , instead she become worst. Now she reminds me the player who was before her season in nilufer. She does not something special anymore and I believe that is fair to be the 4th outide because she was moderate in VNL.

About the world championship I do not believe that the USA can win it if Kirally does not make changes in roster. After Robinson who is the best the next outside hitters who was good in VNL is Bajema and Frantti. After he can take Parsons( I still hope and want to see her play in her best form) or Kingdon who can help with the receive and defence when Bajema and Frantti is in back row. Plummer is good but she has no the personality ( yet) for stressfull and important matches.

But Chi is also playing with the best team in the world and spent her time in bench. So what's with that. I know Giovanni train them but I don't see big difference. Chi also needs to play and starter.

• he's been making the same mistakes since 2016.

He just doesnt have Larson and MBH to bail him out anymore.

That's what I was thinking, USA has a wide pool of players and I think their good results can be credited to the players rather than staff. Like JT and Poulter got injured but they still won OG. Karch gets his players ready physically but he ain't no tactical genius for sure. Now that some veterans retired he is looking more lost.

Also not people constantly coming for Chiaka when this is her first match pretty much this tournament and she wasn't even bad lol

Bajema-Frantti wouldn't be able to pass imo. SWP doesn't look as decisive as she was in Nilüfer but also Karch doesn't allow her to really. She was still very good and should play. I also think Plummer is a lost cause for now.

• That's what I was thinking, USA has a wide pool of players and I think their good results can be credited to the players rather than staff. Like JT and Poulter got injured but they still won OG. Karch gets his players ready physically but he ain't no tactical genius for sure. Now that some veterans retired he is looking more lost.

Also not people constantly coming for Chiaka when this is her first match pretty much this tournament and she wasn't even bad lol

he’s never been a tactician. He’s always handed that off to the assistant. He misses Slabe