USA Women's NT 2022

• in my opinion, guidetti completely lost control with the turkey selection. Imagine playing with cebecioglu and karakurt in position 4 together.

True. This lineup would certainly not work in many cases, especially in the most important games during WCH, but it's a desperate move. Derya was the best player in these friendlies for Turkish side and it's good to see the other MBs having a chance to play. I din't know Ayçin too much, but she has potential. So, what's left for Gio is deciding the backupp setter between Sila and Elif and the libero between Aylin and Ayça.

For USA's side, I think Karch decided his 14 athletes. I still think Poulter's connection with the MBs is not the bet yet but they have time to improve. I just wish Kelsey had some rest. She's the most important player of this team, not only due to her experience, also because I can't see any other OH having the same role as her with such technique. That said, I really love Alli Frantti. She's very athletic and her approach reminds me a lot of Hills one, but she's more aggressive than the former player.

• Kelsey needs to be moved to OH2. There are way too many runs given up when she is the only attacker in the front row and has to be taking swings on high balls.

you can look at runs in each of the sets that Turkey won and see where their run came. Its usually in one of those rotations

• Kelsey needs to be moved to OH2. There are way too many runs given up when she is the only attacker in the front row and has to be taking swings on high balls.

you can look at runs in each of the sets that Turkey won and see where their run came. Its usually in one of those rotations

Agree. I noticed that too in these last 2 matches. And that's not as issue, as long as Annie will keep running to position 2 anyways.

But Turkish people, a question: how your country's name is pronounced? Because the broadcaster kept saying "TurkayEH" and I personally thought it was something like "TürkiEH".

• Frantti: 13-7-29

Frantti: 20-7-34

Bajema: 19-3-33

(the first one from frantti seems off, but oh well)

Good performances from them. Really questions why on earth Plummer got the nod in the VNL.

Kelsey had more swings in every match, which is absurd. But I'm gonna complain about it until forever.

The middles need more attempts, but honestly neither Lauren or Poulter were setting them well.

Serving errors were so bad. 14, 14, 18. That's just too many (esp considering they're not getting that many aces)

• Both Kim Hill and Kelsey were injured going into Tokyo.

SWP was in better form than both of them.

SWP should've absolutely been there and Karch was lucky that other than the russia match, no disaster happened.

You're welcome :D;(

• Both Kim Hill and Kelsey were injured going into Tokyo.

SWP was in better form than both of them.

SWP should've absolutely been there and Karch was lucky that other than the russia match, no disaster happened.

you are very Very VERY VERY VERY welcome :gone:

• Good performances from them. Really questions why on earth Plummer got the nod in the VNL.

Trial by fire. Idk but it made sense to me how he handled Plumm this season. Her ceiling is quite a bit higher than Frantti' (even my girl Kara) but she's not going to get better if we acted like Imoco and pull her out every time she shanked a ball or flubbed on defense.

WC is the premiere tournamment this year. She's not going to get challenged facing PANAM competition so really VNL was the only tournament where he could evaluate her. He was probably hoping she'd figure it out and established herself but unfortunately she didnt do that and now we know shes the fifth option at OH.