China NT 2022

• With the scheduling conflict with WCH the NT will have to find a suitable B Team that can defend their title at the Asian Games.

I have a bad suspicion that the A team might go to the Asian games and the B team will go to WCh. After the olympics all the official media was asking "what are your plans for the Asian Games etc" and not "what are your plans for the World Championships", which would be a shame because nobody except for the "political elite" of the CVA (and that is for their resume-padding) wants to see the A-team minus Zhu play a Korean/Japanese B team in the finals, after which they're gonna delude themselves and get smacked again in 2024.

I can sort of understand it because Zhu's wrist is not expected to get better in 9 months and China made it to the podium in 2014/18, but really... CVA has that little confidence in the other players?

• I have a bad suspicion that the A team might go to the Asian games and the B team will go to WCh. After the olympics all the official media was asking "what are your plans for the Asian Games etc" and not "what are your plans for the World Championships", which would be a shame because nobody except for the "political elite" of the CVA (and that is for their resume-padding) wants to see the A-team minus Zhu play a Korean/Japanese B team in the finals, after which they're gonna delude themselves and get smacked again in 2024.

I can sort of understand it because Zhu's wrist is not expected to get better in 9 months and China made it to the podium in 2014/18, but really... CVA has that little confidence in the other players?

I heard about this as well. A couple months ago Li Quanqiang said the NT's goal this cycle is Asian Games 2022 and Paris 2024, everyone was commenting "why are they sending a B Team to World Championships?". :aww:

imo China can send a strong B/C that can win the Asian Games. For WCH, without Zhu and possibly without Zhang (I'm not sure what her recovery timetable is) they won't make it far, but their players could use that experience for development. Wang YY, Gao Yi, Yang Hanyu could use WCH as practice rather than being sent to the Asian Games and win, but not really having any progress. They could just send Zheng YX and Hu for the Asian Games and still make it work.

China is a bit thin at OH without Zhu and Zhang. The next question is who can they pair up with Li to lead a new team?

I wonder how Japan and Korea will handle the time conflict. Do they send the A Team to the Asian Games and B/C Team to WCH?

• I think they can make final 6 at WCh without Zhu and Zhang if they play like it's 2019. everybody thought they'd finish bottom of the pool in the group with Italy and Turkey at VNL finals but they won vs Italy, won a set against USA, and beat Turkey in the 3rd place playoffs. But if they play like they did during the last Olympics, nobody is gonna be able to save them.

That roster was Yao Di/Diao Linyu setting, Gong at opp, Liu Xiaotong/LIu Yanhan at outside, Zheng Yixin/Wang Yuanyuan at middle, and Lin Li/Ni Feifan at libero.

For the 22 roster (if the A team is sent) then Zhu is probably out (surgery didn't even start yet and just 10 months remaining) and I don't expect Zhang to recover in time (knee surgery takes a long time, especially if you're not playing setter/libero) so the biggest question is which outsides/opposites to bring in addition to Li. Middles, setters, and libero wouldn't really change.

Probably Li, Liu, Gong, and I hope to see the new faces (Wang Yizhu, Chen Peiyan, Wu Mengjie, Zhong Hui, etc). But I wouldn't get my hopes up; we don't even know the head coach.

Also, I wonder who will be captain for the 2022 events. I guess it's between Gong, Li, Yuan, and Ding.

• https://cva-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionHome.aspx?ID=62

All Stars ("The matches between Chinese NT Red and Chinese NT Blue"):

UTC+8

Match 1: Dec.11 19:30

Match 2: Dec.12 19:30

Gold Set: not earlier than Dec.12 21:30

live streams:

Migu Sports: https://www.miguvideo.com/mgs/…e/prd/sportsHomePage.html

Chinese casters in Migu: Zhang Ge (former OH of Beijing and Bayi) and Zhang Zhe-jia (MB of Shanghai and Chinese men's NT)

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Start!

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Match 1:

Team Red 2-3 Team Blue [23-25, 25-17, 27-29, 25-22, 13-15] stacs

Team Red:

Li Ying-ying 31, Duag Fang 7, Gao Yi 9, Ding Xia 1, Chen Pei-yan 4, Yang Han-yu 8, Wang Meng-jie (L), Du Qing-qing 6, Wang Yi-fan 4, Yuan Xin-yue 14, Yao Di 1, Meng Zi-xuan (L), Wang Yi-zhu 3; no play: Zhang Shi-qi

Team Blue:

Li Yao 18, Yang Jie 11, Wang Yuan-yuan 9, Zheng Yi-xin 9, Gong Xiang-yu 24, Diao Lin-yu 3, Ni Fei-fan (L), Wang Wei-yi (L), Liu Yan-han 7, Wu Meng-jie 2, Hu Ming-yuan 0, Cai Ya-qian 0, Sun Xiao-xuan 1; no play: Liu Yu

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• This was Yuan's first time playing this season and her shoulder was still heavily wrapped in tape.

That does not look good. =O The last time she played was back in Tokyo (around 4 months ago). If it was a minor shoulder related issue then it should've healed by now, but it seems like it's a recurring injury similar to how Yan Ni was always bandaged up. ||

• Is it really considered on All Stars match if you don't include the four foreigners in your league, two of which were Olympic MVPs? :whistle:

I remember the last season KYK played in China she was part of the All Stars match...

Oh I heard the reason was because the contracts they (Kim, Larson, Vargas, Boskovic) signed with their clubs was to play in the league. playing in the all star would be extra money that was not specified in the contract and the organizers (of the all-star) would have to pay extra which they didn't want to do because of covid. I think Japanese women's v-league also had no foreigners in all-star.

CVA gets away with this one... for now...

• I'm surprised, thought red would totally pound blue...

she played in the finals of the National Games. had the tape there too.

Forgot about that. Lol. Still it's concerning that her shoulder is heavily tapped.

Zhu is out with a wrist injury and Zhang with her knee, god forbid they lose Yuan as well.

• Oh I heard the reason was because the contracts they (Kim, Larson, Vargas, Boskovic) signed with their clubs was to play in the league. playing in the all star would be extra money that was not specified in the contract and the organizers (of the all-star) would have to pay extra which they didn't want to do because of covid. I think Japanese women's v-league also had no foreigners in all-star.

CVA gets away with this one... for now...

So the players really dont want to play just one extra match without being paid?:what:

• why would they?

would you work an extra day without getting paid/

yeah why not if it was a fun company outing :lol:That's how I see all star games. previously in Turkey It was done as a fun organisation to interact with fans. I don't know how different it is in Chinese league

• yeah why not if it was a fun company outing :lol:That's how I see all star games. previously in Turkey It was done as a fun organisation to interact with fans. I don't know how different it is in Chinese league

meh. seems dumb to risk injury in something that doesnt matter... china is still crowdless right?

• Thanks for sharing the scores. I would've wanted to watch this game but the link did not work for me yesterday.

• Thanks for sharing the scores. I would've wanted to watch this game but the link did not work for me yesterday.

video of Match 1: https://www.miguvideo.com/mgs/…detail.html?cid=719617054

I know the videos of Migu still has to need Chinese IP to see but I assure it's true.

Bilibili only has some highlights:

for example, Yuan Xin-yue: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1PS4y1Q7JQ

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu