China NT 2022

• Yep. Zhang comes back and this team should make podium.

It sucks that both Zhu and Zhang are out the same time. So no expectation from me even if Cai Bin was not the coach. I just hope they can play better than VNL even if it's not good enough for a medal.

• It sucks that both Zhu and Zhang are out the same time. So no expectation from me even if Cai Bin was not the coach. I just hope they can play better than VNL even if it's not good enough for a medal.

I'm just disappointed that the young outsides aren't given a chance. VNL was the perfect time to develop them and that remains my main criticism of his strategy as a coach.

• I'm just disappointed that the young outsides aren't given a chance. VNL was the perfect time to develop them and that remains my main criticism of his strategy as a coach.

That's part of a coach's shortcomings. Cai Bin has no plan from what we have seen during VNL so no surprise he wasted a good opportunity to test young players. I believe he's just a fill in so I'm not worry about the future unless CVA keeps him as a coach after this tournament.

• It sucks that both Zhu and Zhang are out the same time. So no expectation from me even if Cai Bin was not the coach. I just hope they can play better than VNL even if it's not good enough for a medal.

Heck I wish Liu Yanhan was available. She would be a much better option than Wang Yunlu and Jin Ye, but then again why would she at this point.

• It seems that Cai is not bothered by opinions and criticism within and outside China....

and Imo he’s not that dumb to not see the shortcomings of the VNL team. Wang YL is the most undeserving player to be in any NT...and Cai probably knows this, but it seems he is somehow obliged to include her. A member has commented that team selection sometimes involve ‘non volleyball’ factors...if this is true, it is a sad day for the team...and for those of us who have supported the team, through thick and thin :|

• Heck I wish Liu Yanhan was available. She would be a much better option than Wang Yunlu and Jin Ye, but then again why would she at this point.

Did she retire or taking a break? No reason not to include her if she's available.

• It seems that Cai is not bothered by opinions and criticism within and outside China....

and Imo he’s not that dumb to not see the shortcomings of the VNL team. Wang YL is the most undeserving player to be in any NT...and Cai probably knows this, but it seems he is somehow obliged to include her. A member has commented that team selection sometimes involve ‘non volleyball’ factors...if this is true, it is a sad day for the team...and for those of us who have supported the team, through thick and thin :|

Same old crappy Wang Yun Lu and Jin Ye! They have been given their chances at VNL and failed to make the grades!

Why not blood some new players like Wu and Zhuang?
    I think the personnel that needs replacing the most is the Coach!!

• Same old crappy Wang Yun Lu and Jin Ye! They have been given their chances at VNL and failed to make the grades!

Why not blood some new players like Wu and Zhuang?
    I think the personnel that needs replacing the most is the Coach!!

it’s not fair to good players like LYY and Gong...they play their hearts out to win the points, only to see the opponents go level or move ahead when they (LYY & Gong) are rotated to the back :(

if there is such thing going on (connection / relationship in play) which we know happens in life. This is demoralizing though. Hope whoever gets this favorable treatment, can prove that the team benefits from her (she is contributing to the scorings).

• if there is such thing going on (connection / relationship in play) which we know happens in life. This is demoralizing though. Hope whoever gets this favorable treatment, can prove that the team benefits from her (she is contributing to the scorings).

It is demoralizing...and frustrating, especially to the other players. During time out in the VNL, I saw Gong talking directly to some of the other players a few times...perhaps she was encouraging them to try harder. It’s frustrating to see all your good work being undone by a player(s) who didn’t deserve to be in the team.

Netizens here, in China, Hong Kong and elsewhere talked about players who underperformed and their possible replacements eg. Wu Mengjie and Zhong Hui.. and after all the rumours and optimism, they were left out. These players would have been aware of people’s opinions and felt they deserved a chance. I feel for them too.

Lastly, young players with good potentials like Wang Yifan would be wondering if there are still prospects for themselves to be picked for the Senior NT.

• Whatever happened to Li Yao? She was a decent OH.
    Probably better that the likes of Wang YL and Jin Ye.

There was a picture couple months ago of her leg wrapped up in bandages, I'm assuming she had to take care of some injures.

Even Duan Fang would be a better than those two, but she was stuck in her province due to covid and couldn't attend the NT training.

• Second OH is Wang Yunlu, not Wang Yunwei. Google translate didn't work for her name.

• Yuan Xinyue: Look forward to playing against players from other nations

Li Yingying: Hope to improve both endurance and technical abilities

Gong Xiangyu: Hope my experience can play a leading role

https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-imqqsmrn9477592.shtml

Cai Bin: It's clear what we need to improve, although time is short and Paris cycle is only 3 years, we will try our best to solve the problems. Since it's a short cycle, teams that do not switch players often may have an advantage in familiarity with each other

https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-imqmmtha7713293.shtml

He should not be going anywhere NEAR Paris.

• Agree and right. The problem is clear as daylight. There are players who are not good enough and should not be in the team at all. What is the point for familiarity if the players cannot score. Besides, these players who shouldn’t be there are not going to improve / slim change for improvement in 3 years because they will be older (they are not young now) and tend to move slower as one gets older.