China NT 2022

• come on, you still want to see her.

I'm not as invested this year but I'll still see how they do at VNL and WCh.

I do enjoy watching her, but it's going to get tiring seeing bigger MBs take advantage of her across the net. And with an inexperienced back row they're going to be all over the place.

I just wanna see how the new players do. Haha.

• China's B Team roster led by Chen Youquan who will be assisted by Xie Jiyang and Yang Hao <3

S: Xu Xiaoting, Wang Yuqing, Zhang Xinyue

OPP: Du Qingqing, Zhou Yetong, Wang Yindi

OH: Zhong Hui, Che Wenhan, Wu Han, Chen Boya, Han Wenya, Chen Xiyue

MB: Hu Mingyuan, Liu Yu, Zeng Jieya, Zhang Shiqi, Wan Ziyue

L: Meng Zixuan, Qin Yaowei

• So what tournament will the B Team participate in this summer?

In 2021, Chinese women's U20 NT was created and they trained for a long time but didn't participate in 2021 U20 WCH. No one knows why.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• It's just a rumor. The training roster of Team B will be given soon and many players aren't in the roster.

Team B will participate in the female volleyball event of 2021 Summer World University Games.

Sichuan men's VC will participate in the male volleyball event of 2021 Summer World University Games.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I think “making little progress” may refer to Gao, who at least have grown bigger and stronger last year compared to the year before. “No progress” in the case of Yang, wouldn’t be an exaggeration !

I haven’t had many chances to see Liu play, but she’s been referred to as the future Yanni by netizens in some Chinese blogs. Now that would be really something to look forward to :cheesy:

• I think “making little progress” may refer to Gao, who at least have grown bigger and stronger last year compared to the year before. “No progress” in the case of Yang, wouldn’t be an exaggeration !

I haven’t had many chances to see Liu play, but she’s been referred to as the future Yanni by netizens in some Chinese blogs. Now that would be really something to look forward to :cheesy:

Good point. Gao Yi has been improving recently which I think is due to the fact she's playing in Shanghai now with better players and better coaches.

Yang Hanyu was part of the 2018 WCH roster when Wang Yuanyuan was injured, but Wang was able to make a comeback and improve earning that third MB spot in Tokyo. Her slide attack is not as awkward as Yangs, but more definitely more effective and she also gets touches on the ball which Yang still struggles with.

• It's just a rumor. The training roster of Team B will be given soon and many players aren't in the roster.

Team B will participate in the female volleyball event of 2021 Summer World University Games.

Sichuan men's VC will participate in the male volleyball event of 2021 Summer World University Games.

Is this the correct roster?

S: Xu Xiaoting, Wang Yuqing, Zhang Xinyue

OPP: Zhou Yetong, Wang Yindi

OH: Chen Xiyue, Tang Xin, Xie Shengyan, Gao Jiaqi, Zhao Zhexi, Li Xuemeng,

MB: Zeng Jieya, Wan Ziyue, Yang Jia, Wang Wenhan, Chen Houyu

L: Meng Wanting, Chang Baoyi

Wang Siqi? Wu Xinyu? Couldn't find what positions these two play.

• Same name, but idk if it's the same girl. Found this recruiting video for a Li Xuemeng (2005), pretty mature skills for her age. If it is her then this video uploaded back in December means she might be looking to play in college abroad perhaps?

• Some sources eg Wikipedia have the matches involving China starting at around 1400 local time ...this would make it gmt 1200 as both Poland and the Netherlands are gmt+2.

I wonder if there have been some recent changes in the schedules :|

I live in Malaysia (gmt +8) so anytime between gmt 0400 and 1200....12 noon to 8 pm our time would be ok ^^

• Some sources eg Wikipedia have the matches involving China starting at around 1400 local time ...this would make it gmt 1200 as both Poland and the Netherlands are gmt+2.

I wonder if there have been some recent changes in the schedules :|

I live in Malaysia (gmt +8) so anytime between gmt 0400 and 1200....12 noon to 8 pm our time would be ok ^^

Fivb website also said 14 local time.