China NT 2022

• re. Match against Thailand is going to be a close one. With the Thais there is no cheap points, they try to pick up every ball and attack with variation. Should be a good game to watch....:cheesy:

• In fact, Cai Bin "likes" the setter-opposite substitution. However, in Jiangsu, the substitute OP is much worse than Gong Xiang-yu such as Tang Ning-ya and Xu Lu-yao. So is the substitute setter of Diao Lin-yu such as Rong Wan-qian-bai and Sun Yan. Even in the All-Star of Chinese League 21/22, Cai Ya-qian and Sun Xiao-xuan could get the chance.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• 2022 Asian Girls' U18 Volleyball Championship (6–13 June, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand)

https://asianvolleyball.net/ne…-volleyball-championship/

the roster is waiting.

I only know Wang Yin-di (OP), Fan Bo-ning (OH), Chen Xi-yue (OH) and so on are in it.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Hope this match against Thailand, the coach will let the players of the previous matches especially LYY, GXY and YXY have a rest day. Unless the team gets into difficult situation, then have them play.

Ideally yes, but I am not sure if the team can remain competitive. Thailand is playing well, defending resolutely and counterattacking effectively.

Reserve OH Wang Yizhu didn’t have much playing time, and OP Miao Yiwen didn’t play at all. Perhaps MB Zheng Yixin can play a part. It would be the first time she is appearing at VNL this year. With all these changes, what would it do to team cohesion ? Honestly, it’s hard to predict....even with LYY, GXY and YXY, performance have been less than convincing so far.

Anyway, I do agree that they do need some rest. I’m also concerned about injuries. LYY was seen rubbing her knees gingerly and doing some stretching last night during the second set (or was it the third?) That got me really worried 😐

• edit: timezones are Philippine time, which is same zone as Beijing

Belgium 15 Jun 7pm

Canada 17 Jun 3pm

USA 18 Jun 7pm

Japan 19 Jun 7pm.

a lot of scores to settle from 2021 VNL.

Hope for 3/4, but 2/4 should still put us on track for final 8.

• Thoughts from this TH game?

L:

No Chinese libero is as good as a single Thai or Japanese player digging

S:

Diao doesn’t look very promising, and Ding…. Did the best she could

OH:

China never learns their lesson, overusing LYY just like they did Zhu Ting. She was the only one who showed up today, along with maybe WYL’s reception

OPP:

MYW makes a failed cameo and GXY does her best on tired legs

MB:

The worst performances from WYY & YXY I’ve seen in a while. No blocks, inaccurate attacks, zero slide attacks. Something was up with Yuan’s shoulder because she couldn’t aim, and Wang… is just her regular soft self. Cai Bin has to answer for why he didn’t sub them out, perhaps ZYX has an injury we don’t know about?

congratulations to Thailand, but this is an embarrassing loss for China and they are being deservedly railed on social media for it. For the matches in Manila, I can’t even be sure if China can win even one, especially with Belgium & Japan on the rise.

By match 4 against Japan I suspect China will fall apart once again on tired legs like they did today. I guess I get to see the carnage live since I’ll be there 😂

• overusing LYY just like they did Zhu Ting

Zhu scored 26 points in 3 sets against Thailand in the Asian games. pretty sure LYY scored the same but in five sets.

No Chinese libero is as good as a single Thai or Japanese player digging

Can we have 2019 WMJ back? You know, the version that didn't experience the cyberbullying?

For the matches in Manila, I can’t even be sure if China can win even one, especially with Belgium & Japan on the rise.

I think they will win against Canada and Belgium. Japan I think the chances are split 50/50 and won't win against USA without Zhu.

I need to check who is even on the wide roster.

I’ll be there

enjoy!

• For the first week, I think the team needs to cut down on the errors, just too high for CNT. Another adjustment is connections with the middles. Lastly, better floor communication. Too much easy points for opponents.

As for the players:

Diao: Her biggest weakness is setting. She can set to certain players but just poor sets overall to everybody else. She does every other things well, like taking dumps on people. I think the main reason she keeps getting cut is her lack of connection with the big guns like Zhu and Li Yingying.

OHs: I don't see anything going for Jin Ye. Wang Yunlu surprisingly can receive. She needs to work on floor defense. I think going through Li Yingying's weight training will help a lot with her mobility. Her offense needs work but she showed clutchness during critical points.

MBs: Obviously needs to work on offense, just too many miscues and hitting errors. Blocking could be better but no more Yan Ni so everyone needs to step up.

Ls. Work in progress. Hope they can improve along the way.

Coach. He still has that Thailand curse with him. After dominating sets 2 and 3, failed to make adjustments when it was needed. I felt the players just played nonchalantly in the 4th set and lost the momentum after that.

My prediction for second week is 3-1 best case scenario. Hardest game is USA. The players needs to be mentally ready.

• 2022 Asian Girls' U18 Volleyball Championship (6–13 June, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand)

https://asianvolleyball.net/ne…-volleyball-championship/

the roster is waiting.

I only know Wang Yin-di (OP), Fan Bo-ning (OH), Chen Xi-yue (OH) and so on are in it.

Wang Yindi is a reserve player in the Shanghai team in 21/22 CVL. She’s only 16 but is already very skillful. I think the Chinese team can do well here.

• I’m watching from the same time zone (Malaysia) so the timing suits me...Last night the China/Italy match ended around 2am here and after reading all the comments, it was nearly 3 before I went to sleep. Believe me, watching VB can be tiring and stressful too.

:sleeping:

• I’m watching from the same time zone (Malaysia) so the timing suits me...Last night the China/Italy match ended around 2am here and after reading all the comments, it was nearly 3 before I went to sleep. Believe me, watching VB can be tiring and stressful too.

:sleeping:

Haha I know what you mean! I’m in MY too and was so riled up earlier and have to take melatonin to rest 😂

• I rewatch the 2019 World Cup & VNL (with A team) games as my “comfort” viewing and WMJ really was good then. I wonder what happened… Injury?

Belgium seems to be on the up and up, with power hitters. China is lacking in the attack department with no middles at home and lousy blocks, plus the Belgian girls are tall, aren’t they? I guess we’ll see…

I’m also wondering if they will bring a fresh set of players to Manila (Wu mengjie, wang yifan specifically). The schedule is hard on the main players. I know that they’re athletes and should be used to this schedule but for some reason the Chinese ladies seem a bit more frail and have less stamina (compared to the Thai, Japanese ladies)

• Injury?

weibo cyberbullying. If you followed any Chinese social media on the volleyball it should be obvious.

I’m also wondering if they will bring a fresh set of players to Manila (Wu mengjie, wang yifan specifically). The schedule is hard on the main players. I know that they’re athletes and should be used to this schedule but for some reason the Chinese ladies seem a bit more frail and have less stamina (compared to the Thai, Japanese ladies)

well, apparently wu mengjie was not here because of (get this) some junior competition. wtf? Can you imagine telling the then 19-year old Zhu Ting "oh yeah, we're not gonna send you to the 2014 world championships, cuz you gotta win the U20 WCH first..."

i don't know about the schedule of the junior competition, but hopefully she goes to philippines. I don't think it's actually manila, but Quezon city

edit: I don't think the Chinese girls are more frail (admittingly being tall doesn't help in this regard), they seem fine in other competitions. But the juniors should go to VNL still.

• couldn’t agree with you more......

• Wang Yindi is a reserve player in the Shanghai team in 21/22 CVL. She’s only 16 but is already very skillful. I think the Chinese team can do well here.

The roster of U18 NT: (the site is not sure)

S - Xiong Qin-qing (C), Li Yue-ning

OP - Fan Bo-ning, Wang Yin-di

OH - Zhang Xin-rui, Li Chen-xuan, Gao Jia-qi, Liu Hong-fei, Chen Xi-yue

MB - Shan Lin-qian, Mao Wei-jia

L - Sun Wan-jun

I remember that Xiong Qin-qing, Fan Bo-ning, Wang Yin-di and Chen Xi-yue played matches in Chinese League 21/22.

PS: Liu Yu played as OH in U-series NT and she is a MB now. Gong Xiang-yu was a setter. Ni Fei-fan was an OP. Wu Meng-jie was a MB.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Ollie  sciew

FB “International Volleyball Forums and Updates” has live streaming of 14th Asian Women’s U18 Volleyball Championship.....go to their page and scroll down 7 or 8 videos....currently Chinese Taipei is playing Kazakhstan.

Later at around 8pm China will play Japan. The Chinese have a very skillful OP ... Wang Yindi ! Other matches are here...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…8_Volleyball_Championship

I just thought since it’s a public holiday in MY you guys might be interested...

:)