China NT 2022

• Not much is happening today, so I created an imaginary NT for the interim period between now and the WC’ships....this team had to have a mix of experience and youth with potentials. Eventhough LYY, Yuan and Gong were not included because they needed a rest, the team still had to be strong and competitive.....:roll:

Wang Baoquan (Coach) Tianjin ... No nonsense coach

Wang Yuanyuan (MB&C) Tianjin...best MB at the moment imo

Wang Yizhu (OH) Tianjin... hardhitting partner of LYY at Tianjin

Wang Yifan (OH) Guangdong ... key player in current Asian u20 C’ships

Wang Yindi (OP) Shanghai...best opposite in recent Asian u18 C’ships

Wang Wenhan (MB) Shandong...promising youngster

Wang Na (S) Zhejiang ...she has experience playing overseas

Wang Mengjie (L) Shandong... best libero W Cup2019

Reserves

Wang Xinyao (MB) Shanghai

Wang Weiyi (L) Shanghai

Wang Fei (L) Beijing

Wang Yuqing (S) Sichuan

Wang Jianan (S) Yunnan

Not selected: Wang Yunlu (OH) Beijing

Blimey ! If my surname was Wang, people might accuse me of favouratism  :what:

• Li Yao posted pics of her recovery and media are saying she will compete with Jin Ye and Wang Yunlu for a spot on the WCH roster.

The last thing the NT needs is another player of similar capabilities, there should be some youth on that roster.

• Li Yao posted pics of her recovery and media are saying she will compete with Jin Ye and Wang Yunlu for a spot on the WCH roster.

The last thing the NT needs is another player of similar capabilities, there should be some youth on that roster.

Yep, we're getting to be a pretty old team, lol. at least there are some promising juniors on the u20 squad.

Still, Li Yao is better than those two.

• Yep, we're getting to be a pretty old team, lol. at least there are some promising juniors on the u20 squad.

Still, Li Yao is better than those two.

You think so? Jin Ye is kinda growing on me (I blame sitenoise for that :lol:) and Wang Yunlu seems toxic for the team.

The thing I didn't like about Li Yao was how loud she was during last years VNL. Few occasions she would scream for the setter to set her, even LYY and Gong doesn't do that.

• You think so? Jin Ye is kinda growing on me (I blame sitenoise for that :lol:) and Wang Yunlu seems toxic for the team.

The thing I didn't like about Li Yao was how loud she was during last years VNL. Few occasions she would scream for the setter to set her, even LYY and Gong doesn't do that.

Agree wang yunlu should be nowhere near the national team. I maintained this position before the competition started since I knew her personality.

As for li yao and jin ye, well, it's more of a pick your poison I guess. Results wise Liu Yanhan should be there and not receive, long term development wise it should be a young outside.

Unfortunately the kids are at some u20 competition and Liu Yanhan is more interested in making funny videos. Not that I blame her.

• Jin Ye is kinda growing on me (I credit sitenoise for that :lol: )

FTFY :)

• Full disclosure:

I'm not just trolling on Jin Ye. I first encountered her a couple few years ago, I don't even remember where any more, and liked her a lot. I think it might have been around the time I discovered Wu Han. I generally remain loyal to players

Do I think she's been kickin' ass in this VNL ... well, in her own way, yes ... but not really in anybody else's way :)

I'm moments away from tossing Yifan Wang and Yushan Zhuang into that bowl of players I'll remain loyal to. They're lovely and killing it in the U20 Tournament, imo

• :what:

Cai Bin is playing mind games here, and winning....he’s got us arguing over which of his two or three picks is the best ! We should remain steadfast in rejecting all his poor choices......:mad:

As someone mentioned before, when any of these three is rotated to the front the opponent goes..... :dance4:

and at the VNL they are facing Egonu ! If things don’t work out for the team, at least I’ve got two other Asian teams to support....the Thais and Japanese, speaking of which I do hope their players both at the VNL and Asian u20 aren’t greatly affected by the recent sad incident in their country. :|

• I just looked at the Chinese league results and saw Beijing's placement. That is bizarre. There must be better players among the higher ranked teams right...?

Would understand if these players has had outstanding or very good individual performances even their team sucks in the CVL. Like ZT when she was in the Henan team her team sucked, but she stoodout.

• sitenoise

Could it during the CVL 2018/19 season when BAIC were the champions ?

Jin Ye was younger then and slimmer ... she had a reach of over 320cm (being a former high jumper helped) and had showed promise, but somehow didn’t improve much over the years.

Source:inews.ifeng.com

• ok, now i see why sitenoise and Altinli stan her...

• Would understand if these players has had outstanding or very good individual performances even their team sucks in the CVL. Like ZT when she was in the Henan team her team sucked, but she stoodout.

if both outsides are good there is no reason why a team would finish 10th in CVL. Choosing one is questionable but understandable, choosing both of the Beijing outsides means that the coach is blind/is not selecting the best players/etc.