China NT 2022

• actual translation: "we lost the match, but it's within our expectations. everything needs a process and i got recognition from the italian coach. thanks for all of your love and support, even/especially the criticism, without it i would not be as motivated to improve. you all (fans) are pretty cute, but please criticize a little less. thanks for my teammates, we still have to walk down this path together in the future (translator's note: oh no). see you all next match"

LLY is a nice person and has good attitude. JLP criticized her performance harshly early on (first time joining NT). She took it humbly - she endears herself to the fans / volleyball enthusiasts. Unlike WYL such an arrogant attitude as if she is good; no one is going to like her. Hope ZCN will come back.

• Thank goodness it was a joke - hope it stays that way.

Unfortunately joke or not I think Cai Bin thinks he's made the right roster choices, so even if Zhang returns (no guarantees on that, either) I am prepared to witness a disaster at WCH.

• Unfortunately joke or not I think Cai Bin thinks he's made the right roster choices, so even if Zhang returns (no guarantees on that, either) I am prepared to witness a disaster at WCH.

ZCN is way better than WYL. Although WYL played her best today, but it wasn’t good enough. She served a lot to the net or out, hardly killed the balls and blocking was horrible. Italy did not play well today. China couldn’t hold on the huge lead. There were possibilities of winning in this match. With ZCN in, there is a possibility ( more rather than less) of better results.

• Has Wang Yunlu said anything yet? :whistle:

Although there are regrets, it was a meaningful experience

From the matches I learned a lot, and had a lot of nex experiences. There are many times where I lost my cool and I learned to stop the bleeding. Thanks for all my coaches and teammates. Experience is built bit by bit, I will do what I need to and look towards the future. Hope that everyone who has expectations on me will gave hope, and finally to the real fans out there, thank you and love you.

• Although there are regrets, it was a meaningful experience

From the matches I learned a lot, and had a lot of nex experiences. There are many times where I lost my cool and I learned to stop the bleeding. Thanks for all my coaches and teammates. Experience is built bit by bit, I will do what I need to and look towards the future. Hope that everyone who has expectations on me will gave hope, and finally to the real fans out there, thank you and love you.

This is a well thought out message. Maybe the way she wrote in her previous messages in Weibo were out of frustrations.

• This is a well thought out message. Maybe the way she wrote in her previous messages in Weibo were out of frustrations.

It definitely was out of frustration, which I understand and empathise with.

Seems like she's more mature and level-headed now. Hope she takes this and improve on her game further

• It definitely was out of frustration, which I understand and empathise with.

Seems like she's more mature and level-headed now. Hope she takes this and improve on her game further

that's very nice of you to say that, kind of like your profile picture, lol

• final thoughts about VNL? I cooled down a bit.

I think overall, I am most disappointed about the total lack of development of any new players. That's a very big one on the coach. Wang Yizhu is there, why not give her a chance in the front row? Cai Yaqian? Du Qingqing? Wang Yifan? (if i say any more on this i will start cursing the coach, so I'll stop at here)

I am second disappointed about Yuan Xinyue. What is she doing... wake up girl, Wang Yuanyuan is playing better than you. I expected LYY and YXY to do most of the attacking, with Gong as a secondary pin hitter.

I think Gong played better than expected. LYY about the same as expectations, a little too many errors but it's not her fault the coach decided to play with essentially one outside hitter.

Don't really want to comment much on the setter or the liberos...

• that's very nice of you to say that, kind of like your profile picture, lol

I try my best, since it'd be unfair and not nice for me to criticise anyone without proper reason ^^ I might seem a bit optimistic at times, but in my defense, I try to notice and appreciate people's efforts at improvement 😊

My prof pic is Ogawa Anna, older sis of Ogawa Erina who's in the J-NT, and retired since last year :gone: I miss watching her play ||

• Can we say that Wang Yuanyuan have overall a better tournament than Yuan Xinyue? It is a pity that Yuan's level regressed a lot compared to 2016 Rio but at least CHN found their replacement for Yan Ni (of course Wang has a long way to go to be at the level of Yan)

• YXY underperformed maybe she wasn’t 100% healthy. I notice you hardly see all of the players in CNT bandage or wrap free on their bodies in every senior international tournament even before it begins. There is something wrong / flawed in their training. Do they have real professional trainers who implement the various and correct training techniques/ workouts? During and at some point under JLP time, they had Rhett Larson and an Italian trainer under their care. Going overboard isn’t going to be beneficial.

• YXY underperformed maybe she wasn’t 100% healthy. I notice you hardly see all of the players in CNT bandage or wrap free on their bodies in every senior international tournament even before it begins. There is something wrong / flawed in their training. Do they have real professional trainers who implement the various and correct training techniques/ workouts? During and at some point under JLP time, they had Rhett Larson and an Italian trainer under their care. Going overboard isn’t going to be beneficial.

We all know Cai Bin, Diao Lin-yu and Wang Yi-zhu got C****-19 but no official news can be given.

Therefore, why didn't Yuan Xin-yue say about her injury on her shoulder and as the captain, she wasn't replaced by other MBs once?

We all don't know!

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Can we say that Wang Yuanyuan have overall a better tournament than Yuan Xinyue? It is a pity that Yuan's level regressed a lot compared to 2016 Rio but at least CHN found their replacement for Yan Ni (of course Wang has a long way to go to be at the level of Yan)

YXY underperformed maybe she wasn’t 100% healthy. I notice you hardly see all of the players in CNT bandage or wrap free on their bodies in every senior international tournament even before it begins. There is something wrong / flawed in their training. Do they have real professional trainers who implement the various and correct training techniques/ workouts? During and at some point under JLP time, they had Rhett Larson and an Italian trainer under their care. Going overboard isn’t going to be beneficial.

https://imgur.com/a/oGKmOJG

Wang Yuanyuan would never

• What did I miss in Chinatown, friends??? 8|=O

Chinatown is in a sombre mood tonight....there’s no fireworks and I don’t hear any firecrackers as well......all three Asian teams not progressing :rolleyes:

You know what...I think I’m gonna support Brazil now, and hope they win VNL this year. A team that respects and admires Zhu Ting deserves our support :super:

(hope I didn’t jinx them)