China NT 2022

• The fans of ZCN and the fans of ZT are fighting against each other I.e spreading malicious rumors and criticism. ZCN’s fans are aggressive and vicious.

sometimes netizens go overboard in their criticism. I remember two years ago at the CVL finals LYY accidentally stepped on DLY’s foot. In the following match, LYY looked devastated ! It was heartbreaking to watch. I don’t usually follow Weibo, but someone said that some Jiangsu fans had started an obnoxious campaign against LYY :(

• sometimes netizens go overboard in their criticism. I remember two years ago at the CVL finals LYY accidentally stepped on DLY’s foot. In the following match, LYY looked devastated ! It was heartbreaking to watch. I don’t usually follow Weibo, but someone said that some Jiangsu fans had started an obnoxious campaign against LYY :(

I saw an account on IG that showed a video of LYY accidentally stepping on GXY's foot and criticising LYY, even implying that it might be intentional... Gosh what a wild, "toxic" mindset <X<X

• At first it was more muted but now that the event is well and truly over, rumors are flying…. Many are also wondering why JLP didn’t attend. I admit that I am also extremely curious myself haha. What have you read so far?

mostly the connection between the jiangsu media companies and the lawsuits zhu filed vs. whatever hypothetical team meltdown happened prior to tokyo

• ok no more rumor posts, i see enough of that in the entertainment industry....

AVC Cup schedule (times are filipino, same as beijing +8)

A team? B team? overwork LYY again? who knows what would happen.

Ding Xia and Yao Di both refuse to play, and Cai bin who used to play setter subs in for Diao Linyu when she has her moment? :D

• Pretty sure it's the U20 team plus Wu Mengjie, Zhou Yetong, and Wang Wenhan playing this tournament. The 3 of them were in Kazakhstan playing tourist.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F0801%2F1d7ed8d3j00rfxzac00dwd000hs00avp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• I think the u20 Coach is in charge, so CB won’t be there.....or will he ? ||

• There's a rumor that Wang Mengjie will join the NT in preparation for WCH.

Hopefully the netizens leave her alone and don't complain. If they prefer Wang Weiyi than I have no words.

• I think the u20 Coach is in charge, so CB won’t be there.....or will he ? ||

I heard that this might be the roster for AVC Cup.

S: Sun Haiping, Yin Xiaolan

OPP: Zhou Yetong, Li Xuemeng

OH: Wu Mengjie, Wang Yifan, Zhuang Yushan, Zhuang Xinru

MB: Hu Mingyuan, Wang Wenhan, Wang Yiting, Zhang Hongziyan

L: Xu Jianan, Wu Xinyu

• I mean CVA really needs to fix the league though, it's too short and not beneficial for the domestic players.

no they don't mean the league (that needs fixing, it was good in 2014-18) but they mean the volleyball association's perceived meddling of the roster selection.

• speculation that zhong hui (outside hitter/opposite, shanghai) is in training camp for wch because her ip is in zhejiang.

also: how is she 24 already.... lol

• Zhang has some scheduled media stuff going on later this month. Is it safe to say she's not going to WCH now?

Welp, which NT to root for now :gone:

Zhang just pushes China enough to compete with the top teams (w/o zhu). If she won't join, China's chances are not so favorable (not that they have a good situation to begin with).

• Zhang just pushes China enough to compete with the top teams (w/o zhu). If she won't join, China's chances are not so favorable (not that they have a good situation to begin with).

That's why a lot of chinese fans were hoping she'd join. LYY/Zhang/Gong trio is actually pretty good, but without her it'll be VNL all over again.

• Zhang has some scheduled media stuff going on later this month. Is it safe to say she's not going to WCH now?

Welp, which NT to root for now :gone:

well there are a few outsides better than Wang Yunlu, so hopefully they get selected, and Wang Mengjie being back could help the situation

i really find it hard to believe she is not going to WCH though. as far as i know she did her surgery a loooong time ago and isn't in rehab.

(edit: also you can always root for the men's team, they actually have potential for once and have a decent draw with Canada, Italy, and Turkiye in the WCHs. Plus Japan and Iran are sending B teams/Junior teams to the AVC Cup, so there's that competition too)