China NT 2022

• well there are a few outsides better than Wang Yunlu, so hopefully they get selected, and Wang Mengjie being back could help the situation

i really find it hard to believe she is not going to WCH though. as far as i know she did her surgery a loooong time ago and isn't in rehab.

(edit: also you can always root for the men's team, they actually have potential for once and have a decent draw with Canada, Italy, and Turkiye in the WCHs. Plus Japan and Iran are sending B teams/Junior teams to the AVC Cup, so there's that competition too)

I know her surgery was long ago, but when will Zhang actually get in the gym and back to training which she needs the most after a long period without play. She's busy doing media stuff that does not correlate intentions to play at WCH.

This VNL was actually the first time I watched the mens team closely. They looked pretty good, Zhang Jingyin definitely made a name for himself in some matches. Certainly heading in the right direction after so much up and downs with Lozano. Will Jiang Chuan play WCH? I know he had an injury/surgery something, but they need his help to ease pressure from Zhang.

• Zhang has some scheduled media stuff going on later this month. Is it safe to say she's not going to WCH now?

i would say so… It’s such an odd situation - if she wasn’t fully healed from her surgery or was simply keen on retiring, making a statement that she is not participating for WCH would make things infinitely better for her. I don’t think CH fans begrudge her her fairytale wedding etc.

But this stringing along… a few months ago she was rumored to rejoin after her wedding, then now we know that she won’t be in training camp because of media activities (in her capacity as elite VB player) later in August. WCH is in 50 days. The lack of transparency is what’s annoying me as a fan too. Just come out in the open and address the elephant in the room. I half hope one of those presenters she’s going to be talking to will ask 😂

• i would say so… It’s such an odd situation - if she wasn’t fully healed from her surgery or was simply keen on retiring, making a statement that she is not participating for WCH would make things infinitely better for her. I don’t think CH fans begrudge her her fairytale wedding etc.

But this stringing along… a few months ago she was rumored to rejoin after her wedding, then now we know that she won’t be in training camp because of media activities (in her capacity as elite VB player) later in August. WCH is in 50 days. The lack of transparency is what’s annoying me as a fan too. Just come out in the open and address the elephant in the room. I half hope one of those presenters she’s going to be talking to will ask 😂

ZCN is pretty which can get endorsements. However, it is the sports (volleyball) that has given her opportunities as endorser of various products. Her selection to the CNT brought her fame and fortune. Right now CNT needs her since there is nobody better yet aside from LYY. If she is healthy and has fully recovered from her surgery, she should play out of gratitude and loyalty.

• Right now CNT needs her since there is nobody better yet aside from LYY. If she is healthy and has fully recovered from her surgery, she should play out of gratitude and loyalty.

eh…… I see where you’re coming from but I don’t fully agree with this line of thought. I do think it’s a very Asian thing to think that she “owes” the NT her time on court “out of gratitude and loyalty.” She is her own person with her own goals and desires.

While her fame and fortune did come as a result of being on an elite VB team (and being on a team with Zhu Ting, let’s be real), I don’t think it’s healthy for fans to think that athletes owe their team a debt. She should play because she wants to play and wants to win. Full stop.

• ZCN didn't play for a long time, maybe she feels like she is out of form btw. Last time China tried to force players that weren't in form that didn't end up very well :gone: if it's not the case I would love to see her too. The 2nd OH spot is just a burden right now without her or Zhu.

• Pretty sure ZCN was and has been asked to be part of the CNT (present). She has been ambiguous about it - volleyball fans are still awaiting and expecting her return. If she quits from CNT, her popularity will wane and the financial windfall will stop. Riding this ambiguity out is more advantageous.

• Yu Jiarui is suspected of joining the NT as well with her ip address change. They probably just needed a fourth setter for scrimmages and not because she has chances for WCH. Hopefully she can activate Chen Peiyan since they play together in Guangdong.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F0805%2Fc87a186ej00rg4etr000ud000hs00ebp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• ZCN didn't play for a long time, maybe she feels like she is out of form btw. Last time China tried to force players that weren't in form that didn't end up very well :gone: if it's not the case I would love to see her too. The 2nd OH spot is just a burden right now without her or Zhu.

Very possible. just wish she would be transparent!

• Pretty sure ZCN was and has been asked to be part of the CNT (present). She has been ambiguous about it - volleyball fans are still awaiting and expecting her return. If she quits from CNT, her popularity will wane and the financial windfall will stop. Riding this ambiguity out is more advantageous.

most definitely. it’s just frustrating to fans, but her priority is her own financial stability of course.

• Lolsss. Sun and Hu are 26y.o. and would be like elder sis to the others....good mix of youth and experience.

speculation that zhong hui (outside hitter/opposite, shanghai) is in training camp for wch because her ip is in zhejiang.

also: how is she 24 already.... lol

good, I like Zhong Hui....also if they looking at other players, it could mean they realise something needs to be fixed....I hope they’re not just looking :|

• most definitely. it’s just frustrating to fans, but her priority is her own financial stability of course.

she is from and lives in a communist country. Isn’t it people there are under the directives of the state - you don’t have the final say and you do not have any choice. The country indoctrinates its people patriotism.

• she is from and lives in a communist country. Isn’t it people there are under the directives of the state - you don’t have the final say and you do not have any choice. The country indoctrinates its people patriotism.

I have visited China, Vietnam and Laos (communist countries in Asia, along with N.Korea) ....life there is not much different from say, Malaysia or Singapore...they have freedom of choice to do most things, except they can’t cast their vote to elect a government.

As for Zhang Changning, we all like to see her back in the team, but I think the ultimate decision will be up to her.....:roll:

What I really like is for Zhu-Yuan-Zhang to get together again and joined by Gong, LYY

and a few youngsters with potential :cheesy:

• ZCN is pretty which can get endorsements. However, it is the sports (volleyball) that has given her opportunities as endorser of various products. Her selection to the CNT brought her fame and fortune. Right now CNT needs her since there is nobody better yet aside from LYY. If she is healthy and has fully recovered from her surgery, she should play out of gratitude and loyalty.

If she doesn't want to play then she shouldn't play, but, if she is advertising herself as a "current athlete" instead of a "retired athlete" (which pays way way less in endorsements by the way) she should either have been in rehabilitation post-surgery if she was not in physical shape (which she was, but that ended after 2 months or something by social media) or training for WCH if she was in physical shape to be honest with everyone (fans, endorsement companies, general public who may purchase anything she endorses, etc).

Besides, there is always the off season to do variety shows/media/endorsement stuff... CVL lasts one month and there's five more to do fun stuff.

Last time China tried to force players that weren't in form that didn't end up very well

:gone:

• If the government forces its hands on its subjects or issues, one cannot disobey. It is nothing important or concern for the government to interfere in this matter. If the government wants, it can get it done. Look at Jack Ma, there is no news about him. ZCN is of no significance and she does not have influence probably only in the sports of volleyball and it’s fans.

• Current Ideal China OH roster is just stacked. Healthy Zhu is one of the best (if not the best) in her position, Zhang is Top 5 IMO, and LYY can be included in the Top 10. Only Russia comes close.

Zhang highlights, please come back :rose:

• A healthy Yuan is also a top MB, but right now she's not. ;(

In the meantime I hope Wang YY keeps up her performance.

Yuan appears healthy and injury-free, or else why did she play during VNL? I think her problem is more of a psychological issue.

• Yuan appears healthy and injury-free, or else why did she play during VNL? I think her problem is more of a psychological issue.

It wouldn't be the first time China played with players that were injured.

I agree on the psychological part. Being captain for the NT after Tokyo and having the rebuild that reputation must be a lot mentally, all while having to do it with new coaching changes. But at the same time her shoulder is still heavily bandaged so I wouldn't rule out a possible hidden/minor injury. I think both are contributing factors.