China NT 2022

• Du Qingqing rumored to have joined the training for WCH also.

As backup opposite perhaps....DQQ showed much promise as a youth player but didn’t improved much and hasn’t impressed in the few senior international matches she has played. This contrast with her performance at club level, which I believe is due to better co-ordination with her club setter.

DQQ is one of my favourite players, so it’s hard for me to say this, but I think for the opposite position, young Wang Yindi is a better prospect. Although she is only 17 y.o. she seems to have a higher reach and have more power in her spiking compared to DQQ. Also, I think she can manage the setting better. She is like a junior version of Gong !

• https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-imizirav7161766.shtml

5 players from Tianjin -> Shenzhen. Li Shan said rumors that a Tianjin player will appear in VVSL (Turkiye)

(she better not be referring to vargas or i will throw hands...)

anyways, some fans are guessing/rumor that LYY -> a Turkish league team, WYY -> still discussing with an Italian league team.

• Maybe Liu Yanhan? (technically not a Tianjin player, but she last played for them). I don't think she's signed anywhere yet for next season and hasn't announced retirement.

If she is talking about Vargas, I'll join you and throw hands as well. lol

• I thought she last played for Liaoning so they decide where she goes, and in any case she seems more interested in her douyin (tiktok) channel than volleyball these days. I don't blame her.

Liu Yanhan played for Tianjin this past season, remember both her and Yuan joined while Vargas was their foreigner.

Last season was so short you forgot who played where. Lol :lol:

• Liu Yanhan played for Tianjin this past season, remember both her and Yuan joined while Vargas was their foreigner.

Last season was so short you forgot who played where. Lol :lol:

Oops sorry I meant national games. I think those show which club "owns" which player for lack of a better word.

• What if it's Yu Junwei going abroad. lol. Didn't she play in Serbia briefly around the time covid started?

What top clubs in Turkey still has space for LYY or would she play for a mid/lower level team?

• PLEASE let this be true!!!! Someone - ANYONE! - going abroad to learn proper conditioning, physiotherapy, technique would be amazing for the NT... just a shame it’ll never be Gong.

Agree. GXY really deserves to play in Turkish or Italian league. She is dependable and consistent; the best all around player. She will be an asset to any club. Also she will be in better place / setting where she will get better preventive care toward injuries and against overuse.

• Why ? Is it a personal choice to not go abroad, or some other reason ?

:|

Right now it's just speculation, but for Gong it would be hard because Jiangsu may not want to let go such a key player and sacrifice results in the Chinese League. It also doesn't help they won't invest in foreigners that could fill their spot if she did decide to go abroad.

• Zhu rumored back in China.

Some people still think she has chance to make the WCH roster, but most likely filling paperwork and get things arranged for Italy.

• Zhu rumored back in China.

Some people still think she has chance to make the WCH roster, but most likely filling paperwork and get things arranged for Italy.

maybe that’s why Scandicci is saying she won’t be at the Training Camp on Aug 22… Doesn’t she have to quarantine for 7+3 days as per the new policy? That would definitely eliminate anything within August.

But very excited to know that we’ll see her in the next few months! Scandicci knew what they were doing with this signing, EVERYONE has their eyes on Zhu showing up 👀

• maybe that’s why Scandicci is saying she won’t be at the Training Camp on Aug 22… Doesn’t she have to quarantine for 7+3 days as per the new policy? That would definitely eliminate anything within August.

But very excited to know that we’ll see her in the next few months! Scandicci knew what they were doing with this signing, EVERYONE has their eyes on Zhu showing up 👀

Scandicci knows that ZT will bring recognition to the club and subsequently the sponsors of the club to Asia particularly China. Also additional subscribers (income) to Volleyballworld TV. Volleyball fans are looking forward and excited to see ZT plays and how successful / outcome was her wrist surgery.

• Scandicci knows that ZT will bring recognition to the club and subsequently the sponsors of the club to Asia particularly China. Also additional subscribers (income) to Volleyballworld TV. Volleyball fans are looking forward and excited to see ZT plays and how successful / outcome was her wrist surgery.

Knowing the Chinese (i.e me) we’re more likely to go through QQ streamers or Bili2 videos than purchase a VBWorld subscription 🤣 Calling myself out here 🙃 But yes, I’ve never paid attention to the Italian league ever and I’m now waiting with bated breath…

• not sure where to ask this (pls let me know if off topic and will delete the comment) but thought Chinatown here would be best to start this discussion…. for longtime fans of the sport, how would you say China NT’s style of play or favored players has changed in the past 20 years?

I was watching the Athens 2004 final (triggered by Julian Chow ‘s shared newspaper clipping!) and was struck by how much they utilized the middle, and just how explosive/fearless the players were. Maybe it’s just hindsight (and the slow frame rate/poor quality of video), but nowadays, every time the girls walk on court, they look so frail. And the MBs today just do not have the same confidence I felt the MBs of yonder had… I mean, look at the MBs during the last VNL. With that in mind and comparing with the Athens 2004 team. Um…

anyway, keen to hear all your thoughts. I’ve only been following the sport more closely post 2012, so I want to hear from the more knowledgeable!