China NT 2022

• based on pictures from reporters (source: weibo), it looks like the starting lineup for WCH is not changed from the VNL lineup; with the exception of WMJ as libero (and it seems like Wang Weiyi went back to Shanghai from her social media IP).

Ding Xia and Li Yingying deserve better. :/

I think Wang Weiyi is still there, last pic on the left in between Jin Ye and Yu Jiarui?

• They’re travelling tomorrow, yet we don’t know the 14 player lineup. It is as if the coach wants to give us a pleasant surprise. Well, the last time that happened...VNL, all we got was a nasty shock ||

Best surprise he can give us is asking Lai Yawen to take over. Or Feng Kun.

Or even one of the senior players like Zhang Changning

• Would be great if someone can help clarify something. In the WCHs each team has 14 players, comprising 6 starting players, 6 substitutes (on the bench) and 2 liberos. However teams will bring a few more as back-ups or reserves. During the match, these reserves will be on the stands, back in the hotel, etc.

I think the policy for replacing a regular player (if for example, one is injured) by a back-up/reserve player defers from tournament to tournament. What would the policy be for the WCH ? eg, whether this is allowed ? How many can be replaced ? Under what circumstances ? (I understand the rules/regulations may be very long, so I would be happy to get the most important points only)

China have named a WCH squad of 24 (this is official and in the WCH website) Other countries more or less the same. So this means, in theory they can bring 10 more players

along, then decide 1 or 2 days before the match, which 14 would play ?

I’ve noticed that China aren’t the only country that hasn’t revealed their selection....my only hope is that the actual selection would prove to be the right one.

:roll:

• Once a team submits their 14 player roster for the tournament they cannot change players. The only exception I can think of is if a team has a covid cluster and cannot put a starting lineup for the match, but if that were to happen then they would likely have to forfeit a match. No team is going to travel and have an extra 10 players available for this occurrence. Even if an injury I'm pretty sure they still aren't allowed to make additions. That's why it's important to play your substitutions right. Teams bringing only 3 middle blockers knows it's risky, but some take the chance anyway.

The most reserves a team would probably have are 1-3 players, but some clubs are already preparing for their league so it doesn't make sense for them to sit in the stands watching WCH and not participate in it when they could be training with their club. Knowing Cai Bin he'll probably bring an extra player or two.

• They’re travelling tomorrow, yet we don’t know the 14 player lineup. It is as if the coach wants to give us a pleasant surprise. Well, the last time that happened...VNL, all we got was a nasty shock ||

I still wonder about Zheng Yixin. Does Cai Bin bring her as a 4th MB assuming Yang Hanyu is the third or does he end up cutting Chen Peiyan and have Zheng play that position?

• The latest rumored list for WCH...

S: Diao Linyu, Ding Xia

OPP: Gong Xiangyu, Chen Peiyan

OH: Li Yingying, Wang Yunlu, Jin Ye, Zhong Hui

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Wang Yuanyuan, Yang Hanyu, Zheng Yixin

L: Wang Mengjie, Wang Weiyi

• Ni Feifan out?? I doubt the rumor.

• 16 players roster. Same roster as VNL playoffs with Yu Jiarui (S) and Wang Mengjie (L) added.

OH: Li Yingying, Wang Yunwei, Jin Ye, Wang Yizhu

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Wang Yuanyuan, Yang Hanyu, Gao Yi

OP: Gong Xiangyu, Chen Peiyan

S: Ding Xia, Diao Linyu, Yu Jiarui

L: Wang Mengjie, Wang Weiyi, Ni Feifan

• So they're traveling with all 16 players?

My guess, cut Wang Weiyi and Yu Jiarui.

• So they're traveling with all 16 players?

My guess, cut Wang Weiyi and Yu Jiarui.

Yeah. Could be worse, Cai Bin cutting Ding Xia and Wang Mengjie.

• Once a team submits their 14 player roster for the tournament they cannot change players. The only exception I can think of is if a team has a covid cluster and cannot put a starting lineup for the match, but if that were to happen then they would likely have to forfeit a match. No team is going to travel and have an extra 10 players available for this occurrence. Even if an injury I'm pretty sure they still aren't allowed to make additions. That's why it's important to play your substitutions right. Teams bringing only 3 middle blockers knows it's risky, but some take the chance anyway.

The most reserves a team would probably have are 1-3 players, but some clubs are already preparing for their league so it doesn't make sense for them to sit in the stands watching WCH and not participate in it when they could be training with their club. Knowing Cai Bin he'll probably bring an extra player or two.

• Not that it matters since one will eventually be cut, but only Cai Bin would travel with 3 liberos when that spot could be filled with an extra OH. :rolleyes:

Even if he keeps playing the same roster, let the bench rot, do some random subs, and call it a day, pretty much the main problem during VNL was secondary OHs couldn't score. Wang Yunlu was hitting 20/10, Jin Ye 30/20, with both average 30/15 flat in percentage and efficiency. Despite all the team flaws, as long second OHs can hit 40/30 flat, getting on the podium wouldn't be hard. Wang/Jin combo would need to step up their offensive game because I don't think Cai Bin would try Wang Yizhu, whose a big question mark. Anyway CNT needs a new coach after this tournament regardless of the outcome.

• Even if he keeps playing the same roster, let the bench rot, do some random subs, and call it a day, pretty much the main problem during VNL was secondary OHs couldn't score. Wang Yunlu was hitting 20/10, Jin Ye 30/20, with both average 30/15 flat in percentage and efficiency. Despite all the team flaws, as long second OHs can hit 40/30 flat, getting on the podium wouldn't be hard. Wang/Jin combo would need to step up their offensive game because I don't think Cai Bin would try Wang Yizhu, whose a big question mark. Anyway CNT needs a new coach after this tournament regardless of the outcome.

Yep. Zhang comes back and this team should make podium.