China NT 2022

• Where the heck is Yang Hao? I thought she was supposed to be part of a coaching staff for one of the B Teams or youth, but I don't recall seeing her.

She may not have much experience as a coach, but her skills as a player would be beneficial for the upcoming younger generation, especially since most are undersized like her. Imagine her training with Zhuang Yushan. :heart:

She were the assistant coach of U18 NT but she was ill and we all don't know where she is now.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Didn’t see many of the usual suspects in the WCH thread earlier, so keen to hear all of your thoughts on the game against ARG. For me, this team performed worse than expected. Who’d have thought ARG would get to 20+ in all 3 sets? That Gong would be injured and Cai chooses to put in WANG YI ZHU instead of Chen? Leaving Zhuang Yushan, Wu Mengjie, Wang Yifan back home for this…? Sigh.

OH: LYY is one of the two performing at China NT standard. Without her, this team would definitely have lost. Against ARG… WYL tries, but her style of play is unsustainable - you see how obviously her stamina decreased in Set 3, allowing for the opponent to catch up every time LYY is in the back row.
    OPP: WYZ did less than nothing. Nobody knows why she’s on court… especially her.

MB: Improvement from Yuan in her blocking and attacks, but why doesn’t the setter utilize WYY more during the set? She fades into the background after the first third of every set

S: Man. Both Diao and Ding are bad. Setting to 4 about 95% of the time, and not even particularly well!
    L: Glad to see WMJ back on court and proving herself. She wasn’t the cause of a lot of concerns or complaints, which for her must be a relief.

This showing is very worrying for China… At this rate I think they’ll need to ensure they win 3-0 against COL, because they have no chance against JAP & BRA.

• Gong is INJURED?? :mad::mad:

• Gong is INJURED?? :mad::mad:

Yes. It is about the ankle.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Yes. It is about the ankle.

That is very bad news. Did she travel to the World Championships venue as well, or is she recovering in China?

Gong ;(

• That is very bad news. Did she travel to the World Championships venue as well, or is she recovering in China?

Gong ;(

travelled, didn't get dressed for the first game, apparently will miss first 2 games due to ankle problems

• A little bit off topic again guys but well we all know after Lang Ping's retirement it'd be a gap in the Chinese WNT. I also know you're talking a lot about who should be the new head coach and I was always wondering Lai Yawen would be a really good choice. She was Lang Ping's assistent twice (I do remember in 90s too when Lang first took it) and also during Chen Zhonghe' years there. At least she could keep the work which gave them many victories, has a very good experience and I'm sure she has the trust from the players.

• A little bit off topic again guys but well we all know after Lang Ping's retirement it'd be a gap in the Chinese WNT. I also know you're talking a lot about who should be the new head coach and I was always wondering Lai Yawen would be a really good choice. She was Lang Ping's assistent twice (I do remember in 90s too when Lang first took it) and also during Chen Zhonghe' years there. At least she could keep the work which gave them many victories, has a very good experience and I'm sure she has the trust from the players.

I think Lai Yawen chose a political career in some sports-administration bureaucracy

• I think Lai Yawen chose a political career in some sports-administration bureaucracy

Is she with the team in Netherlands? There was a female figure wearing a mask next to Gong, Ni Feifan, and Yu Jiarui in the crowd. I couldn't tell if it was her or Li Shan (who followed the team during VNL).

• Is she with the team in Netherlands? There was a female figure wearing a mask next to Gong, Ni Feifan, and Yu Jiarui in the crowd. I couldn't tell if it was her or Li Shan (who followed the team during VNL).

I'm not sure; my stream cut out immediately after the match ended

• GXY injured indeed is a huge setback for 🇨🇳🏐NT. Hope it is not serious and I would rather have her rest the whole tournament. I am assuming the chance of winning over Japan and Brazil is very slim even if GXY who is not 100% healthy plays. It is better not to aggravate GXY’s injury further and damaged it permanently. Let Chen Peiyan play so she can get the experience.

• GXY injured indeed is a huge setback for 🇨🇳🏐NT. Hope it is not serious and I would rather have her rest the whole tournament. I am assuming the chance of winning over Japan and Brazil is very slim even if GXY who is not 100% healthy plays. It is better not to aggravate GXY’s injury further and damaged it permanently. Let Chen Peiyan play so she can get the experience.

It looked like she was limping walking down to join the players after the match, meaning she can't put weight on it right now.

I agree let Chen Peiyan play. She's her back for a reason, but then Cai Bin puts Wang Yizhu. :rolleyes: He's learning from his mistake not letting those two get playing time at VNL.

• It looked like she was limping walking down to join the players after the match, meaning she can't put weight on it right now.

I agree let Chen Peiyan play. She's her back for a reason, but then Cai Bin puts Wang Yizhu. :rolleyes: He's learning from his mistake not letting those two get playing time at VNL.

This looks bad. If Cai Bin let GXY play, it just shows how 🇨🇳 🏐 treats its players - no concern for its players’ health and future. We had seen how Kiraly / US 🏐 protected / took good care of Thompson when she sustained ankle injury during Tokyo Olympics. They rested her and she hardly played throughout the tournament.

• This looks bad. If Cai Bin let GXY play, it just shows how 🇨🇳 🏐 treats its players - no concern for its players’ health and future. We had seen how Kiraly / US 🏐 protected / took good care of Thompson when she sustained ankle injury during Tokyo Olympics. They rested her and she hardly played throughout the tournament.

Cai Bin will get fired if GXY doesn't play.