China NT 2022

• In fact, when Cai chose Ding Xia as the only substitute setter, Diao Lin-yu equals to no substitutes.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Glad to see a livelier discussion in the general WCH thread today! I’m realizing that very few of us on the forum follow CHN volleyball, so the discussion in Chinatown is appreciated. Key takeaways today are that Diao’s setting is going by from bad to worse, Yuan is improving, and Cai is useless.

OH: LYY is getting really really good at those super steep angles (so satisfying). WYL gets really really sloppy after a few hits. She is very slow and anyone with functioning vision can see where she aims to hit. Her serve reception was also not the best today.
    OPP: Gong isn’t as sharp as she normally is (as expected) - I didn’t notice particular issues with her ankles, but I’d expect an athlete at only 80% strength would be extra wary of swift movements. Chen is unfortunately… very slow as well. From the little we’ve seen of her, it looks like she isn’t able to whip her arm as quickly as others (thinking of Zhuang, Wu Mengjie) can.
    MB: Improvement! Yuan is slowly getting better with her blocking and attacks (finally! A successful slide!), and WYY makes the most of the scraps she’s given by Diao

L: Top performer today. Singlehandedly saved many points.

S: The thorn in China’s side that Cai seems to welcome… Diao lost her mind today. Her performance in the second set will stand out in my memory as one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a top team’s setter. I don’t know what she’s doing but maybe she doesn’t either.

Overall, I’d say that this was a subpar performance, but better than the game against Argentina. LYY and WMJ were sharper, Gong’s mere presence is superior to WYZ doing anything, and the MBs were satisfactory. The setter position… with this setter, a pool elimination a la Tokyo is not unthinkable.

• There were good moments too, but the bad moments were **really** wtf. Diao seemed to get herself together in set 3, but against a more disciplined team like Japan they would not let it go so easily. WYY had decent blocking and YXY decent attacking so I'll take it.

I know it's not great and a long way off from the glory days of 2019, but at least there's substantial improvement from last match.

Also didn't really see anything wrong with GXY's ankle. I hope she didn't take corticosteroids (they are not illegal PEDs).

WMJ and LYY are easily the top performers in the team, probably followed by the middles, and I'd expect this to continue for a while.

Glad to see a livelier discussion in the general WCH thread today! I’m realizing that very few of us on the forum follow CHN volleyball, so the discussion in Chinatown is appreciated. Key takeaways today are that Diao’s setting is going by from bad to worse, Yuan is improving, and Cai is useless.

OH: LYY is getting really really good at those super steep angles (so satisfying). WYL gets really really sloppy after a few hits. She is very slow and anyone with functioning vision can see where she aims to hit. Her serve reception was also not the best today.
    OPP: Gong isn’t as sharp as she normally is (as expected) - I didn’t notice particular issues with her ankles, but I’d expect an athlete at only 80% strength would be extra wary of swift movements. Chen is unfortunately… very slow as well. From the little we’ve seen of her, it looks like she isn’t able to whip her arm as quickly as others (thinking of Zhuang, Wu Mengjie) can.
    MB: Improvement! Yuan is slowly getting better with her blocking and attacks (finally! A successful slide!), and WYY makes the most of the scraps she’s given by Diao

L: Top performer today. Singlehandedly saved many points.

S: The thorn in China’s side that Cai seems to welcome… Diao lost her mind today. Her performance in the second set will stand out in my memory as one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a top team’s setter. I don’t know what she’s doing but maybe she doesn’t either.

Overall, I’d say that this was a subpar performance, but better than the game against Argentina. LYY and WMJ were sharper, Gong’s mere presence is superior to WYZ doing anything, and the MBs were satisfactory. The setter position… with this setter, a pool elimination a la Tokyo is not unthinkable.

• Agree that Colombia was just too easy of a team and weren’t able to take advantage of all the gifts China was giving. They cannot play like this against Japan, especially Diao. I hope she gets herself together by tomorrow.

• I don't usually repost garbage from weibo, but

Translation: #China3-0Columbia

Two games already at the World Championships

Wang Mengjie still didn't score a single point

Not sure what her purpose is

Life's good when you have connections

:rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll:

• This forum had seen many 'hated' players and coaches but no one can come close to Chinese members' roasting skills. You guys are reading Cai Bin to filth, like daily😂

I'm not trying to protect him but the amount of hate he gets here is on a different level 😅

• This forum had seen many 'hated' players and coaches but no one can come close to Chinese members' roasting skills. You guys are reading Cai Bin to filth, like daily😂

I'm not trying to protect him but the amount of hate he gets here is on a different level 😅

He deserves every ‘compliment’ and btw we’re only just warming up....🤣

• Haven't watched the match yet, but how'd Gong look? Did she look uncomfortable moving around?

It's a shame they really needed her to play in a match against Colombia when she could've got an extra days rest. :down:

hahahaah this made me lol hard. We’ve talked about it a little on the thread but I think most of us (maybe except fire_cai_bin) were quite forgiving when he first took over. The team is rebuilding after all. But after he made poor decision after another, ignored everyone’s inputs and insisted his way was best in spite of the results, we’ve stopped being nice and the talons are out 💅🏻

• Haven't watched the match yet, but how'd Gong look? Did she look uncomfortable moving around?

It's a shame they really needed her to play in a match against Colombia when she could've got an extra days rest. :down:

she looked alright. Not as sharp as she usually is but didn’t see her favoring one foot over another. She also had a couple of really good spikes within the 3m line

• she looked alright. Not as sharp as she usually is but didn’t see her favoring one foot over another. She also had a couple of really good spikes within the 3m line

I thought she was holding back a little bit. We had big leads in sets 1 & 3 and Chen PY should’ve been introduced earlier so that she can have a better feel of the actual competition, in case she is required to replace Gong later, and Gong can also have some extra rest.

• I thought she was holding back a little bit. We had big leads in sets 1 & 3 and Chen PY should’ve been introduced earlier so that she can have a better feel of the actual competition, in case she is required to replace Gong later, and Gong can also have some extra rest.

what “should” happen is never what cai chooses 😂😂

• she looked alright. Not as sharp as she usually is but didn’t see her favoring one foot over another. She also had a couple of really good spikes within the 3m line

Her footwork seems slower. She's not 100% ready, but Cai Bin still uses her.