China NT 2022

• The one during the final round? Had the lead lost the lead?

yeah i meant the one during the final round, and we didn't even have the lead this time, just can't receive a ball once Brazil figured out to serve the libero.

LYY had some awesome runs, but not enough to save the match.

• yeah i meant the one during the final round, and we didn't even have the lead this time, just can't receive a ball once Brazil figured out to serve the libero.

LYY had some awesome runs, but not enough to save the match.

Seen that Yang Hanyu replaced WYY. Did she get injured or was she off today?

• Seen that Yang Hanyu replaced WYY. Did she get injured or was she off today?

Brazil was siding out too easily/too many service runs so i guess the coach just swapped them to disturb the rhythm of Brazil's servers.

They both played around the same level i feel

• Cai Bin said his team has shown their fight spirit and dared to fight. What about him? Has he dared to use his substitute players? He dares to use injured players even in matches when 🇨🇳 has the upper hand ( lower ranking teams and on games where the lead were substantial). He is full of himself.

• Cai Bin said his team has shown their fight spirit and dared to fight. What about him? Has he dared to use his substitute players? He dares to use injured players even in matches when 🇨🇳 has the upper hand ( lower ranking teams and on games where the lead were substantial). He is full of himself.

Proof that

• Proof that

This article was taken from sports.sinacom.cn

Summarizing the first stage of the World Championships, Cai Bin mainly talked about two points: first, the actual combat proved that the adjustments and reinforcements made for the team's shortcomings made during the previous preparation training were generally effective; second, the Chinese women's volleyball team made difficult preparations for the competition with the existing staffing, and the players dared to challenge the strong players and better showed the must-have struggle of each goal. Fight spirit

• GXY under performed in the last 2 matches. Will not criticized about it because we know she is injured. She did her best. She deserved to be praised for her effort and bravery (played as normally as she can; did not bail out pretending to be badly hurt).
    WYL tried her best, but she is just an ordinary player who does not have any superb talent. Fans just don’t see her deserving a spot in 🇨🇳NT. There are some other players who have better potentials.

• Guys, tbh with this current team I didn't expect too much from China. Actually, expected losses to both Brazil and Japan. But the team is still very competitive. Won against Japanese in straight sets and they all gave a very good fight against Brazilians. I know you're reasonably very critical (as we Brazilians) but the reality is that when at least Zhu or Zhang are back China will definitely be among the title contenders in every single championship.

Li Yingying is simply amazing. Her angles are insane. She's already a reality, a star. Gong is so technical, pity she's injured. The only weak links are th libero (I missed Wang Mengjie quite a lot), the setter and OH2.

• Guys, tbh with this current team I didn't expect too much from China. Actually, expected losses to both Brazil and Japan. But the team is still very competitive. Won against Japanese in straight sets and they all gave a very good fight against Brazilians. I know you're reasonably very critical (as we Brazilians) but the reality is that when at least Zhu or Zhang are back China will definitely be among the title contenders in every single championship.

Li Yingying is simply amazing. Her angles are insane. She's already a reality, a star. Gong is so technical, pity she's injured. The only weak links are th libero (I missed Wang Mengjie quite a lot), the setter and OH2.

Every team faces injury problems, but they usually have reliable backups....many of us feel the coach could have done better in team selection. Nothing can be done now, we’ll just have to live with it, and hope for the best....

There is a Malay proverb “Nasi sudah menjadi bubur” means “the rice has turned into porridge”...

• Every team faces injury problems, but they usually have reliable backups....many of us feel the coach could have done better in team selection. Nothing can be done now, we’ll just have to live with it....

There is a Malay proverb “Nasi sudah menjadi bubur” means “the rice has turned into prrridge”...

I see. That's a real issue. I just think in China they push them pretty hard. It's sad to see several stars retiring very early full of injuries. Too many key players inured at the same time doesn't help too. But let's keep seing how far they're going to go. I think especially in Asian Championship to check their level against the other top Asian teams (currently, I only see Japan and Thailand as a treat).

Are you Malay?

• Just a little bit off topic, but can you explain me better why they have changed the game style and biotype of Chinese players so much? I do have a big affection for Chinese volleyball and try to follow them as much as I can, because when I started watching the sport in early 2000 and fell in love with it, I admired a lot their style. Their generation consisting in Feng Kun, Zhao Ruirui, Yang Hao, Zhou Suhong and Liu Yanan, among others, was fantastic. Too many quick plays. They were complete. And a few years later till now, they seem to have preferences for taller and "heavier" players who let their game overall slower and very different than the traditional Asian style.

• I see. That's a real issue. I just think in China they push them pretty hard. It's sad to see several stars retiring very early full of injuries. Too many key players inured at the same time doesn't help too. But let's keep seing how far they're going to go. I think especially in Asian Championship to check their level against the other top Asian teams (currently, I only see Japan and Thailand as a treat).

Are you Malay?

Malaysian of Chinese ancestry.....Malaysia is a multi racial country, bit like Brazil. Most people who live here are Malays, but there are also people with Chinese and South Indian ancestry as well as other communities :)

• Malaysian of Chinese ancestry.....Malaysia is a multi racial country, bit like Brazil. Most people who live here are Malays, but there are also people with Chinese and South Indian ancestry as well as other communities :)

Ah ok, got it. Pretty nice! I've heard the Chinese communities are spread in this region. There are a lot in places like Singapore, too. I've met some ethnical Chinese here as well, especially when I used to attend a Buddhist temple focused in their community. Not easy, almost everything was in Chinese mandarin lol but I loved their food.:heart: Part of them came from Taiwan too, where this organization was created.

• Ah ok, got it. Pretty nice! I've heard the Chinese communities are spread in this region. There are a lot in places like Singapore, too. I've met some ethnical Chinese here as well, especially when I used to attend a Buddhist temple focused in their community. Not easy, almost everything was in Chinese mandarin lol but I loved their food.:heart: Part of them came from Taiwan too, where this organization was created.

Chinese food...yummy !

We don’t get much news on the Chinese community in S America.... usually they come from Peru, but I have read about the ‘Chinatown’ in Sao Paolo. Btw, some of us have a pet name for this thread....”Chinatown” :lol:

• Chinese food...yummy !

We don’t get much news on the Chinese community in S America.... usually they come from Peru, but I have read about the ‘Chinatown’ in Sao Paolo. Btw, some of us have a pet name for this thread....”Chinatown” :lol:

Oh yeah, São Paulo has a pretty large Asian community overall. Here where I live, when we talk about Asians, there are much more Arabs. Not too big, but there are a few neighborhoods composed especially by Lebanese, Palestinian and Syrians. Chinese started to come way more recently and there are a few from both mainland and Taiwan, located downtown. They are very good in commerce and restaurants.

• Just a little bit off topic, but can you explain me better why they have changed the game style and biotype of Chinese players so much? I do have a big affection for Chinese volleyball and try to follow them as much as I can, because when I started watching the sport in early 2000 and fell in love with it, I admired a lot their style. Their generation consisting in Feng Kun, Zhao Ruirui, Yang Hao, Zhou Suhong and Liu Yanan, among others, was fantastic. Too many quick plays. They were complete. And a few years later till now, they seem to have preferences for taller and "heavier" players who let their game overall slower and very different than the traditional Asian style.

yes, Feng Kun and her teammates were amazing....I remember Athens2004 like it was yesterday ! but I think there was a drought in winning major tournaments between 2005 and 2014, and the Chinese VB establishment thought maybe it was due to the size difference between their players and the taller Europeans and N and S Americans. From then on, they adopted a policy of selecting taller players, eg. OHs should preferably be taller than 6 feet (183cm)...and taller players are less adept at quick plays, hence the change of style. Their success in Rio2016 may have cemented this belief. Imo though, I believe players should be picked based on their ability and suitability for a particular position...with their height a secondary consideration.