China NT 2022

• Actually this team is much stronger than it looks on paper. It's unfortunate to have Cai Bin as a coach to begin with, along with Gong starting the tournament playing injured, and facing Italy again in the quarters. China just couldn't catch a break with healthy players. I think losing a point against Netherlands was the deciding factor for getting a medal opportunity.

All the wings got neutralized again but still managed to win a set against Italy. With a healthy Zhu, we wouldn't be playing Italy in the quarterfinals. Zhu opens up everything because the opposing defense will be focusing on her. It's pretty much guaranteed podium finish with a healthy Zhu Ting. It's just bad luck to have so many starters out due to injuries. Pretty much my main concern is and always will be the health of players.

Here's my two cents on the players performances.

Li Yingying demonstrated she's a top all around OH. She just needs to improve on scoring during crunch time. I believe she will because she has a high vball iq. She's the most improved player for me.

Wang Yunlu was surprising solid throughout but just couldn't deliver against top teams. My advice to her is lose weight because she's just big and slow like an elephant. She would definitely make a solid backup if she's with the team in the future.

Gong hands down the best all around OP. Too bad she got injured. Wish her a speedy and full recovery.

Middles didn't improve. I like Yuan the most when she was young and fearless. Then she ran into some sort of mental block. Some other MBs will need to step up in the blocking department.

Setters the same with middles. Yao Di will be back. Main question is Ding Xia's future. Any young potential replacements?

Wang Mengjie is the best libero for CNT. Just need to find a good backup.

The rest of the players didn't get much playing time so on comment. Everything is up to speculation.

Now the big question on coaching position. I think anyone else is better than Cai Bin. I would pick An Jiajie because he's with the team the most under Lang Ping. Don't think Lai Yawen would take on head coach position because she's been with the team since forever. My second choice would be Wang Baoquan since he's the best club coach. If no one else wants it, get a foreign coach.

• Gao Yi made more blocks in the 10 she played than YXY in the entire match 😭 I noticed that Yuan goes up with open and soft arms and she does not look at the ball but closes her eyes…

WYL needs to lose at least 5 kg. This could help also her vertical which is quite poor for being 1.92😅

• GXY would have a better performance throughout this tournament if she was not injured. She did a fantastic job in spite of her injury. Hands down for her bravery and fighting hard in spite of her condition doing her best and giving her all. She is the best all around OP player out there. Wish she can play overseas.👏🏻👍🏻
    What can I say about LYY. She is one of the best out there and will get better and better. Without her 🇨🇳 would not have decent results in this and the other tournaments.. Hope she will be allowed to play overseas in Turkish or Italian league.

• Wang Yunlu was surprising solid throughout but just couldn't deliver against top teams. My advice to her is lose weight because she's just big and slow like an elephant. She would definitely make a solid backup if she's with the team in the future.

Compaing Wang Yunlu to an elephant is uncalled for and unnecessary.

• Jiangsu has some interesting 16/17 y.o. MB 😏😂 I still hope Gao Yi delivers it.. she has an unique athleticism, similar to ZT.

Yang Jia and Wan Ziyue are good potentials. I want to see middles with good anticipation when blocking and not just attack.

I used to have hope for Gao Yi because of her athleticism, but as the years go by there's little to no improvement. Maybe if she was given more opportunities it would've been different. She's in her mid 20s so there's still time and maybe she can be a late bloomer like Yan Ni.

• Honestly, they should just replace that duo of JY/WYL. Sure WYL played above my expectation, but her technique is just odd with that body twist in her attack. JY was just on for a bit here and there throughout the tournament but she seems fearful and hesitant in all aspects of her game. I agree with the above, maybe give the younger players a chance. Ie WYF

• It's unfortunate to have Cai Bin as a coach to begin with, along with Gong starting the tournament playing injured, and facing Italy again in the quarters.

Also unfortunate for the one good match the Dutch had to be facing us. Although I didn't watch Japan vs Brazil, it sounded like it would have been hard to beat either team in the quarters.

• I guess most Chinese MBs excepts those represented 🇨🇳🏐NT have not encountered top MBs from foreign countries because they play only in domestic league (CVL). They do not have exposures, so they hardly encounter tough and talented as well as tall MBs. Therefore they lack competitive plays. If they do, these Chinese players are in NT and the exposure to such experience is limited (only in international tournaments). If YXY, WYY, YHY, GY, etc go to play overseas especially Europe will certainly improve their blocking skills.

• Compaing Wang Yunlu to an elephant is uncalled for and unnecessary.

Was never meant as an insult. Li Yingying used to be clumsy and slow until her weight loss did wonders. Wang Yunlu can do it too and she proved many haters wrong because of her poor performance during VNL.

• Also unfortunate for the one good match the Dutch had to be facing us. Although I didn't watch Japan vs Brazil, it sounded like it would have been hard to beat either team in the quarters.

I would take my chances with them than Italy because Italy has always been the toughest matchup for China during Zhu Ting era. Second would be USA and then comes Brazil in my opinion. Japan would be ideal because of the large margin historical head to head but unlikely because this team would have to finish number 1. Anyway just tough break after getting upgraded libero only to have Gong played injured. She was the second best OP during VNL in scoring/efficiency.

• Good morning, everyone, I woke up and saw the scores. Not very surprised by the result of China-Italy since Italy is pretty strong themselves, but am slightly upset about the Japan-Brazil match. It was very close for the Japanese ;(;(

• Good morning, everyone, I woke up and saw the scores. Not very surprised by the result of China-Italy since Italy is pretty strong themselves, but am slightly upset about the Japan-Brazil match. It was very close for the Japanese ;(;(

If Brazil had Cai Bin, Japan would have swept. Shows how a top coach can turn things around. Anyway I just think Japan choked due to inexperience.

• Was never meant as an insult. Li Yingying used to be clumsy and slow until her weight loss did wonders. Wang Yunlu can do it too and she proved many haters wrong because of her poor performance during VNL.

LYY even with her weight before joining NT was already playing well and the top scorer in CVL. She is a talented player. WYL was not even close to LYY’s level; don’t think she will do any much different / better if she loss some weight.

• LYY even with her weight before joining NT was already playing well and the top scorer in CVL. She is a talented player. WYL was not even close to LYY’s level; don’t think she will do any much different / better if she loss some weight.

Never said she wasn't. But beginning of Li Yingying's national career, she was indeed slow and had subpar reception. She improved tremendously after her weight loss on her all around game. Scoring has always been her strong point. Wang Yunlu was hitting 20/10 during VNL and improved to about 40/30 for WCH in short amount of time . I do believe she will improve with weight loss. It will help with floor defense and ease up on offense. But time is not on her side since she is not young and with the return of Zhu and Zhang, I think she won't be with the team unless Cai Bin remains the coach.

For the China Italy match just watch the 3rd set. 8o

• Never said she wasn't. But beginning of Li Yingying's national career, she was indeed slow and had subpar reception. She improved tremendously after her weight loss on her all around game. Scoring has always been her strong point. Wang Yunlu was hitting 20/10 during VNL and improved to about 40/30 for WCH in short amount of time . I do believe she will improve with weight loss. It will help with floor defense and ease up on offense. But time is not on her side since she is not young and with the return of Zhu and Zhang, I think she won't be with the team unless Cai Bin remains the coach.

Do you know if Zhang is playing this CVL season?

With Shi Hairong taking over Jiangsu he might favor the young players he trained and choose to develop them instead. One things for certain, I would like to see Gong get some much needed rest, she deserves it.

• At least I think Gong Xiang-yu should have a rest in Chinese League 22/23 such as herself as the substitute of Zhou Ye-tong or Xu Lu-yao.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan