Russia NT 2022

• Russia would have been one of the top teams for NT season this year. Arina, Parubets, Voronkova + Goncha is really good on paper. If there were some miracle, I hope they still get to play at least WCH.. In my opinion, Sport should be outside politics but that's another topic ;)

• Russia would have been one of the top teams for NT season this year. Arina, Parubets, Voronkova + Goncha is really good on paper. If there were some miracle, I hope they still get to play at least WCH.. In my opinion, Sport should be outside politics but that's another topic ;)

I was looking forward to see Parubets back on court too. Do you think Arina + Parubets a better combo or Arina + Voronkova?

I personally think they should sit the Worlds this year out because tensions are still high, and I think Paris 2024 would be a perfect "comeback" tournament (if they can qualify, of course...) for them, including the men's team. I'd love to see Russian players play abroad though, I heard Kobzar and Akimova from the juniors category received an offer from a French club.

• I wonder what's in store for the NT this year with Russia banned from all the important competitions. Friendly competitions with China? Belarus? North Korea?

• I wonder what's in store for the NT this year with Russia banned from all the important competitions. Friendly competitions with China? Belarus? North Korea?

AFAIK, VFV will host two tournaments. The first one is a regional tournament between regions (oblasts, republics, etc) like Moscow, Tatarstan, Kaliningrad, Sverdlovsk, etc that will be represented by their clubs. The second one is an international tournament with "friendly" countries like China, Serbia, Turkey, Brazil, Thailand, Korea, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Egypt, etc. The general secretary mentioned those countries in two interviews and he also says that they will try to make that friendly tournament under FIVB's approval.