Russia NT 2022

• Russia would have been one of the top teams for NT season this year. Arina, Parubets, Voronkova + Goncha is really good on paper. If there were some miracle, I hope they still get to play at least WCH.. In my opinion, Sport should be outside politics but that's another topic ;)

• Russia would have been one of the top teams for NT season this year. Arina, Parubets, Voronkova + Goncha is really good on paper. If there were some miracle, I hope they still get to play at least WCH.. In my opinion, Sport should be outside politics but that's another topic ;)

I was looking forward to see Parubets back on court too. Do you think Arina + Parubets a better combo or Arina + Voronkova?

I personally think they should sit the Worlds this year out because tensions are still high, and I think Paris 2024 would be a perfect "comeback" tournament (if they can qualify, of course...) for them, including the men's team. I'd love to see Russian players play abroad though, I heard Kobzar and Akimova from the juniors category received an offer from a French club.

• I wonder what's in store for the NT this year with Russia banned from all the important competitions. Friendly competitions with China? Belarus? North Korea?

• I wonder what's in store for the NT this year with Russia banned from all the important competitions. Friendly competitions with China? Belarus? North Korea?

AFAIK, VFV will host two tournaments. The first one is a regional tournament between regions (oblasts, republics, etc) like Moscow, Tatarstan, Kaliningrad, Sverdlovsk, etc that will be represented by their clubs. The second one is an international tournament with "friendly" countries like China, Serbia, Turkey, Brazil, Thailand, Korea, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Egypt, etc. The general secretary mentioned those countries in two interviews and he also says that they will try to make that friendly tournament under FIVB's approval.

• Little bit off topic but one more bad news is that, this is going to push Antropova away from Russian NT.

That is huge blow away, She is at level as Arina. What a core of team this could be for next 10 years. To have this two such a young players is something that non NT in world doesn’t have right now.

Antropova would be a great addition to Russia NT but her actions suggest she prefers to play for Italy and Russia getting banned from competitions would make the idea of playing for Russia even more unattractive. She may be Russian by birth but she grew up in Italy and probably has stronger ties there. It's impossible for her to start over Egonu but she'd be a very strong backup. I just hope Akimova develops to a strong OPP because recent Lazareva is just not it.

• Antropova played few time as OH for Scandicci and She wasn’t bad at all :whistle:

• Antropova played few time as OH for Scandicci and She wasn’t bad at all :whistle:

Which is good for her! But then, there's Pietrini too...

Still, good for Italy as it gives them choices.

• The IOC president said it's almost impossible for team sports to make it in Paris 2024 because Russia and Belarus may not be welcomed during the qualification phase.

Volleyball is relatively "quiet" and there are no widespread calls for Russian players to be banned in clubs. So i hope they can still qualify for the Olympics.

• There is a chance, Russia is still 8th on world ranking.

They will not play in qualifications tournaments for sure(or 95%), but they will have chance to catch on of the few last spots with ranking.

They will loose 50 points due to inactivity. Most probably it will happen. If FIVB will follow the rules.

• They will loose 50 points due to inactivity. Most probably it will happen. If FIVB will follow the rules.

Yes, but big question is when?

After WCH will be draw for the q. tournaments.

After that we will have VNL, euro and another VNL before final cut for the last few spots.

I guess Russia can catch 50 points ease because technically, all team would place over them on the ranking, so winning games will bring them a lot of points.

• It doesn't matter. They will not be considered for OQ tournaments. They will be inactive in 2022, so in January 1st 2023 they should loose 50 pts. No one knows if they will be playing in 2023 either. Besides, there was news that they won't participate in Paris 2024 at all (in all sports). It doesn't really matter.

• It doesn't matter. They will not be considered for OQ tournaments. They will be inactive in 2022, so in January 1st 2023 they should loose 50 pts. No one knows if they will be playing in 2023 either. Besides, there was news that they won't participate in Paris 2024 at all (in all sports). It doesn't really matter.

I'm thinking the same thing. VNL already put Bulgaria back (their substitute) and they will have one more team from challenger cup to complete the 16 teams.

Just depressing all together.

By the way, a lot of their players will be in the French league. Does anyone know any link to it where they broadcast matches?

• russian not be included in vnl 2023 as the participants and tournament is decide 1 year less

So they could take place in olympic qualification tournament but i doubt they could get a spot there