Russia NT 2022

• Although no world championship this year, it is still excited to see this new and young Russian team and many of them are from U19:

Setters

Burkova Victoria (Uralochka)

Kobzar Victoria (Volero)

Matveeva Polina (Odintsovo)

Diagonal

Akimova Vita (Volero)

Lazareva Anna ((Fenerbahce)

Protopopova Elizabeth (Uralochka)

Blockers

Zhabrova Anastasia (Lokomotiv)

Kochurina Elizabeth (Volero)

Slautina Natalia (Tula)

Shvydkaya Oksana (Uralochka)

Finishers

Voronkova Irina (Eczacibasi)

Kuznetsova Sofia (Cuneo)

Popova Alina (Severyanka)

Fedorovtseva Arina (Fenerbahce)

Libero

Shepeleva Varvara (Krasnodar)

Shubina Varvara (Sparta)

• What competition will they play? Against Belarus?

• What competition will they play? Against Belarus?

This team is set up for the upcoming Spartakiad, all Russian volleyball competition which starts next month. That is why we do not see some big names like Goncharova, Startseva, Fetisova, et al, because they need to play for their clubs in the competition.

There is an idea floating around within the VFV, they are planning to do a friendly invitation later this year and the potential teams include China, Serbia, Belarus, Brazil, Thailand, Turkiye, Cuba if they can get FIVB sanction to make it more attractive.

• Interesting lineup!

Matveeva didn't impressed me last year. I find her a bit slow and her sets are predictable. But then, she's young so there's room for improvement and she's tall too, so that's an advantage.

For the OHs, I wonder why Parubets and Kadochkina weren't included? I'm curious how this pair would work like how Voronkova-Fedorovtseva duo went well last year.

Also wondering why Suvorova wasn't on this list. I'd also like to see Brovkina, Sergeeva, Gorbunova, Pipunryova, and Smirnova. (Probably playing for the opposing teams?)

• Interesting lineup!

Matveeva didn't impressed me last year. I find her a bit slow and her sets are predictable. But then, she's young so there's room for improvement and she's tall too, so that's an advantage.

For the OHs, I wonder why Parubets and Kadochkina weren't included? I'm curious how this pair would work like how Voronkova-Fedorovtseva duo went well last year.

Also wondering why Suvorova wasn't on this list. I'd also like to see Brovkina, Sergeeva, Gorbunova, Pipunryova, and Smirnova. (Probably playing for the opposing teams?)

Maybe because their clubs are participating

• Interesting lineup!

I think Matveeva is pretty solid but I like Kobzar and Popova more.

Parubets, Smirnova and Kadochkina will play in the Kaliningrad team. Suvarova and Sergeeva in team Tatarstan, Pipunyrova Moscow, Gorbunova Saint Petersburg.

Schedule https://volley.ru/news/2/p1/27078/

• How come Suvorova was not on the list?

She will play for Kazan, she was signed this season. Sad we won't be able to see Kobzar-Suvorova connection, they basically demolished everyone in the under-age competition with this lineup.

• Spartakiad for women already starting. Moscow vs Sirius (team with Arina, Voronkova coached by Terzic)

• I'm liking Matveyeva's game today. She's definitely no Ognjenovic but I appreciate her efforts to try a bit of a varied offense. Plus her height makes her even more attractive to any coach. I see her holding the starting setter spot in NT if she develops into a solid setter.

• I'm liking Matveyeva's game today. She's definitely no Ognjenovic but I appreciate her efforts to try a bit of a varied offense. Plus her height makes her even more attractive to any coach. I see her holding the starting setter spot in NT if she develops into a solid setter.

Kobzar has more talent, but I agree Matveeva's height is just an asset.

• Goncha's arm swing is just unreal :rose:

• Kobzar has more talent, but I agree Matveeva's height is just an asset.

I agree Kobzar is overall a better setter but nowadays, most coaches prefer taller players. She's a great complement to Matveeva's more conservative gameplay. I hope to see her in action in the next games.

• Moscow from 9-14 to 14-14 in Tiebreak :white: