Serbian Women's NT 2022

• Like I said, she seems destined to become the most dominant blocker in the world. However, she would need to improve her attack (particularly speed of hitting the ball).

• Like I said, she seems destined to become the most dominant blocker in the world. However, she would need to improve her attack (particularly speed of hitting the ball).

With her attack it is much better from what I watch, for sure it is an element to improve but it is still good besides, he has a sense of the block, reads the game very well, has a good serve

If it improves the attack, it may be the best MB in the world in a few years and it has all the conditions for it

• One month ago i talked about current generation of Serbia, team that will play this Olympic circle.

Now i will say few words for new generation, players that will make debut next season but will have bigger roles in the next Olympic circle.

So this is the players you need to watch.

Generation 2002-2003 - This is generation that won medal in Mediterranean games vs senior teams. Beat Croatian first team (without Fabris, but with Butigan, Samadan, Deak...)

top players

I will not talk a lot about them, Santarelli already "found" them. And we already talked about them.

Branka Tica(OH) - Brutal left hand. Best player of entire generation. Also best player of the super league without doubts. She can play equally good as OPP if opposite have some "glitch" that day.

Minja Osmajic(MB) - Most complete middle blocker in the league

Bojana Gocanin(L) - Best young libero, with a lot of international and intercontinental experience

good players

Vanja Savic(OPP) - I see potential in her, but she have similar problems with injuries like Caric. Also i don't like her clubs path.

Ana Malesevic(MB) - Improved a lot, i just need to see if she can play like that on a long run.

players that can surprise us

Andrea Tisma(S) - Setters are our big problem, but she is tall, good server, good blocker, strong left hand. I hope she will improve next season. Biggest problem - games under pressure, and kinda slow.

2002_a10.jpg

Generation 2004-2005

Top Players - What i can say about this 2, we all hope this 2 will become best players in world

Hena Kurtagic(MB) - Blocking machine, she need to improve attack

Aleksandra Uzelac(OH) - She need to improve reception, attacking wise very good in 4

Good players

Una Vajagic(OH) - I don't know if she can be best OH in the world, but i think she can reach current level of Sara Lozo

Stefana Pakic(L) - in the shadow of Gocanin, she is not better of Gocanin but she is pretty good receiver. Only weakness that i see is that when things go bad, she is first to get frustrated.

players that can surprise us

Iva Sucurovic(MB) - Decent blocker. She have amazing slide attack.

Jovana Zelenovic(OPP) - She have big potential, she is tall(but not skinny with is very important) and can shoot over block. Also very good blocker. If she manage to get stronger and faster she can be really dangerous.

2004_a10.jpg

• Very good post! I agree with most of it, including categorisation (at least about those players I know about). Probably the biggest difference is about Zelenovic, and it's not so much about her current level (after all, she is only 18), but about my faith in her ability to get significantly better with time. I think she is a taller, slower, less powerful and more limited version of Jovana Brakocevic, and we know how much effort Jovana had to put in just to stay in that shape that she was during her prime (and even then, she looked basically the least explosive player on court in most of her matches, even when she was considered among the best players in the world in 2010-2013 period). Zelenovic is what she is, a player with a very clear, inflexible ceiling which she will never brake, no matter how hard she tries, and if she doesn't get more athletic and slimmer she won't even reach that ceiling.

I would really like to hear JoanaBG' thoughts about these youngsters after this summer's events, and also would like to hear from penguin, but unfortunately she no longer seems to post. Us guys talked enough, ladies should hold the podium for a while.:teach::)

• Really anxious to see who gets cut. I really hope it’s not Kocić we need 4 middles

• Its kinda old news(maybe 20days) but Maja Ognjenovic will organize humanitarian match in Zrenjanin (her hometown). Probably after WCH or during the season.

Match will be between her 3 favorite cities, Zrenjanin, Belgrade and Istanbul.

I don't know who will play where, but there will be a lot of her former teammates.

P.S My fantasy Zrenjanin 6 - Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Brizitka Molnar, Uzelac, Sucurovic, XXX, XXX :cheesy:

• Match will be between her 3 favorite cities, Zrenjanin, Belgrade and Istanbul.

It is not said that the match will be between this 3 cities as sort of teams, but that she choose Zrenjanin as the best place for this match among this three cities (as the most logical possible locations list).

• 15 players traveling to Napoli

S: Drča, Mirković

Opp: Bošković, Bjelica

Oh: Lozo, Buša, Lazović, Milenković, Mihajlović

Mb: Stevanović, Aleksić, Popović, Kocić

L: Pušić, Jegdić

12.09. :: Serbia - Poland (20:00)

13.09. :: Serbia - Turkey (17:00)

15.09. :: Serbia - Italy (20:00)

• So DHL tournament. Rai Sport will cover Italian matches, Polsat will cover Poland.

This make Serbia vs Turkiye only match uncovered.

Basically serbian and turkish channels playing chicken games who will buy first. :lol: I hope TRT spor will do it, our channels will not buy friendly match broadcast for sure :(

• So DHL tournament. Rai Sport will cover Italian matches, Polsat will cover Poland.

This make Serbia vs Turkiye only match uncovered.

Basically serbian and turkish channels playing chicken games who will buy first. :lol: I hope TRT spor will do it, our channels will not buy friendly match broadcast for sure :(

Poland is not broadcasting matches, any links for today?

• I said to myself some weeks ago that I would be satisfied if our girls defend the title even if none of the male teams competing in this period were to reach semis. Well, now all 3 (volleyball, water polo and basketball) were eliminated in the last 16 stage, I think I'm owed something if there is any justice in this world.:lol::P