Serbian Women's NT 2022

• New coach opens even more question marks, but now i really don't know what to expect. So table with active players is presented in below.

Coach

Daniele Santarelli

Established players (part of at least one major competition *or well known players with no chance in NT so far)

SettersOpposites Outside hittersMiddle blockersLiberos
    OgnjenovićBoškovićMihajlović?Veljković?Popović?
    Antonijević?Bjelica LazovićStevanovićPušić
    Živković Milenković PopovićJegdić
    Mirković LoL
    CrnčevićAleksić
    BušaKocić

Newcomers (some with VNL experience and some 100% freshmans)

SettersOppositesOutide hittersMiddle Blockers Liberos
    VeselinovićCarićUzelac KurtagićĐurđević
    PerovićSavić MirosavljevićOsmajićGočanin
    JakšićTica Milojević

VNL*

• Blagojavić said (if I am not mistaken) that she retired from NT.

A lot of things happend so i probably missed that. Great though. It's time to move on from her even as libero.

• Marija Popovic would be an interesting libero option... She's played really well in the NCAA this season (Iowa State)

I think she was on a VNL roster

She played VNL 2019. I don't follow NCAA so i forgot her, she should be on the VNL roster.

• Interesting 

As for VNL, it depends if you can rotate the players, not last year, but yes ~>

Opposite: Savic, Caric

Setter: Perovic, Veselinovic, Jaksic

MB: Kurtagić, Milojevic, Kocic, Osmajic, Markovic

OH: Lazovic, Uzelac, Kockarevic, Tica, Mirosavljevic

Libero: Djurdjevic, Tadic

Looking at the statistics of the Serbian league, this is how you can draw conclusions :drink:The best blocker Hena Kurtagić (38 blocks) in 1 match made 11 blocks is wow:box:

• I like Tadić (libero), but for some reason Gočanin is favourite when it comes to coaches. Anyway i would go with Đurđević as a full starter to prepare her for A team, she is our future IMO.

Kurtagić is amazing blocker without doubt, but her attacking skills stills lack's power, timing, it's not great, she have to work on that really hard. Also she is playing with really bad setter, so that makes even worse situation. Kurtagić looks like baby Ruseva (Vuchkova whatever), even technique is pretty much similar.

• Talking about middle blockers... I came across this video today. To be me she is (was;() the best attacker in the front of the setter to ever excist. Or at least in top 3

These highlights are just wow wow wow

Don't remind me that she retired ;( But she really was one of a kind not only with her game, but also her team spirit and those crazy eyes :rose:

• I like Tadić (libero), but for some reason Gočanin is favourite when it comes to coaches. Anyway i would go with Đurđević as a full starter to prepare her for A team, she is our future IMO.

Kurtagić is amazing blocker without doubt, but her attacking skills stills lack's power, timing, it's not great, she have to work on that really hard. Also she is playing with really bad setter, so that makes even worse situation. Kurtagić looks like baby Ruseva (Vuchkova whatever), even technique is pretty much similar.

I looked at the statistics of the Serbian league and Ana Mihajlovic, despite a very young age, plays really well and in youth tournaments she also presented herself well:rose:She seems to be a really good player:heart:

• If anyone has an indescribable desire to continue commenting on this saga, please, please, World Tennis or Political and social ...... topics. No this one. Please.

• Blagojevic strikes again *facepalm*

Lisinac liked the tweet :S

I’m confused. What does this mean? Not trying to start anything I just don’t understand and I’m a big team serbia fan.

• Youth NT win the BVA qualification tournament for EuroVolley'22 U17. 5 wins, among which always the most dificult and most important was that one against Turkey. Not a big news, but Ana Mihajlović is really great, she should play also with the u19, we don't have spectacular OH's in that generation (ofc Uzelac is out of competition). MB Jovana Antić and ,suprsingly, but the setter Kričković are both also very good. In general, one more good generation for Serbian youth categories, more importantly with some individuals which have potential for the senior team and the highest level of this sport.