Serbian Women's NT 2022

• This open so much things, finally! I'm just afraid of choosing a new one. The management of the federation scares me, I'm afraid they won't have enough patience. The timing is good, I would say, we are forced to rejuvenate. I expect Stevanovic to return, which could be very important. There are other things that will be extremely interesting and I am finally looking forward to the first wide lists, so far they have always been predictable, boring.

• LOL, I can't even imagine the NT without him. Truly the end of an era. But, the writing was on the wall and it was about time. The signs were there already last year. Everyone seemed to be going through the motions and we need a new energy boost.

Rumour has it that Santarelli will replace him. We'll see, I just hope they don't pick some of the useless Serbian coaches. It really is problematic that all this time we haven't managed to produce a coach to replace Terzić when the time inevitably came. Vladisavljev and co. are a joke.

I'm also wondering if Maja will be motivated to play with her "dad" not around. Anyway, it should be exciting.

• You have no idea how exciting this is for me as a fan of this team after 15 years. The first impression remained strong as a fit, very antipathetic man, but this team has achieved so much during his leadership, and I must admit that I respect him very much for that. It was felt during Tokyo and EuroVolley that it turned into a fight with oneself, for the first time emotional outbursts were seen, words that still make me shudder, a beautiful story, which lasted a long time, but which needs refreshment at all fields. I will skip the negative things this time, my current mood is completely different. I also applaud his honest decision to leave this team, because I am convinced that if he wanted to stay, it could have been a lifelong mandate. It really is the end, I hope only as a basis for a new beginning for another cycle of great results.

• President of Serbian Federation (OSSRB)

"The conversation with him was done two days after the end of the European Championship, at his request. We are here to always come out to meet him. It was clear even then that after 20 years of working in one team, the coach is looking for new motivation and challenges. From our side, we can only say one big thank you and a deep bow for everything he did. We wish him good luck in his new job. On the other hand, we had to turn to the search for solving that gap that he left and the absence of such a coach from the head position, and we will soon announce who Terzic's successor is. "

Terzic said

"Somehow we were all aware that one day the moment would come when I would stop being the coach of the national team… and I and the people from the federation and the player… It happened that on that jubilee, 20 years of work in the national team, I am no longer a selector.

I owe a huge debt of gratitude for this period, above all to all the players, and there were many of them for all this time, on this beautiful story of ours. Then to my associates, without whom we certainly could not have achieved results. Also, I would like to thank all the people from the Federation, who have always stood behind us and without whose support nothing would have been possible.

After 20 years, it may not be easy to make such a decision, but in a conversation with the leaders of the Federation because of some of my further motivation and some new energy, such an agreement was to simply stop doing this job, to have a break from the national team for a while.

What is definite is that I will always feel this national team as my own. I don't have another country, and I will always be available to the leaders of the Federation, whatever they need, be it advice, recommendations. I am sure that the Federation will find an adequate new coach, as well as I am sure that the team will continue with good results, and maybe even improve them.

It is simply a group of girls who are used to winning, they want to play with all their heart for the national team, and in general it is something that led us to success. I wish all the best to my successor, team and Federation. I will always be there for any kind of help, good luck! "

• Santarelli is pretty much already confirmed, I didn't want to bother with that, when Joana had already mentioned that rumor. The OSSRB was not ready to publish the news about Terzic now, but the news that volleynews published served as a catalyst (with my little help), and the Federation was almost forced to publish some official news.

A competition was announced for coaches of all national teams of all age categories, except for the women's senior national team. Almost all the pre-competition names in these positions been re-elected, with controversy where a member of the commission participated in the election of himself as a head coach of men's junior NT. The way you think about SB (with which i agree) is exactly how OSSRB have been function since Boricic departure and Zoran Gajic inauguration as a president. Therefore, I am shocked with (still potential) choose of Santarelli.

Never mind, serbian volleyball must get rid of Zoran Gajic ASAP, unfortunately his political background will not allow it.

• Santarelli is pretty much already confirmed, I didn't want to bother with that, when Joana had already mentioned that rumor. The OSSRB was not ready to publish the news about Terzic now, but the news that volleynews published served as a catalyst (with my little help), and the Federation was almost forced to publish some official news.

A competition was announced for coaches of all national teams of all age categories, except for the women's senior national team. Almost all the pre-competition names in these positions been re-elected, with controversy where a member of the commission participated in the election of himself as a head coach of men's junior NT. The way you think about SB (with which i agree) is exactly how OSSRB have been function since Boricic departure and Zoran Gajic inauguration as a president. Therefore, I am shocked with (still potential) choose of Santarelli.

Never mind, serbian volleyball must get rid of Zoran Gajic ASAP, unfortunately his political background will not allow it.

Do you know when they will announce it?

• Confratulations for Serbia team to have new good coach:drink:

Will be nice too see Santarelli vs Lavarini battle on NT lvl:bump:

• VNL roster will be so interesting to see, probably we will finally have the best team in that competition, at least for a part. Lazovic will almost for sure took a chance and stand a place which she deserve in this team. I hope that Santarelli will consider all player who was forgoten (Jegdic for example). Busa - Milenkovic, starting OH duo of Olympic Bronze medalist, and European vice champion, how much that ironicaly sounds when we see their perforamnce this year. The most interesting question is Maja? There is no more unbreakable connection between her and Terzic, connection which certainly played a big role when it comes to her survival in NT. It is possible that the freshness that the team will, I hope, get with the new coach, different from the previous one, will have a positive effect on her and inspire her to play a few more seasons. In opposite case there is Antonijević, maybe she will change her decision and she suits in Santatelli system so well.

• So We can expect some Serbian players in Conegliano :whistle:

• Uhm maybe mb as back up players,other than then no one please (obviously tijana id non an option)

• VNL roster will be so interesting to see, probably we will finally have the best team in that competition, at least for a part. Lazovic will almost for sure took a chance and stand a place which she deserve in this team. I hope that Santarelli will consider all player who was forgoten (Jegdic for example). Busa - Milenkovic, starting OH duo of Olympic Bronze medalist, and European vice champion, how much that ironicaly sounds when we see their perforamnce this year. The most interesting question is Maja? There is no more unbreakable connection between her and Terzic, connection which certainly played a big role when it comes to her survival in NT. It is possible that the freshness that the team will, I hope, get with the new coach, different from the previous one, will have a positive effect on her and inspire her to play a few more seasons. In opposite case there is Antonijević, maybe she will change her decision and she suits in Santatelli system so well.

Do you think stevanovic or Rasic would be back to NT?

• Do you think stevanovic or Rasic would be back to NT?

Appending to Joana post, i will just say that i am almost sure that Stevanovic will be back. She oftenly shared her pictures from national team competitions. I am not a fan of conclusion based on social networks, but even her interviews (actualy one or two) makes me feel like she is really sad for not playing in NT anymore. That was really stupid decision anyway, although i understand Terzic priniciples, i disagree with making your personall issues above team interest.