Serbian Women's NT 2022

• Bianka Busa at the end had to go under surgery to repair hand injury. Surgery went well and now for her follows the recovery period.

hopefully she comes back strong !

• Milena Rasic announced that she is pregnant and it's a girl.

Can't wait for her possible come back. Maybe she will be eager to play in some Serbian club in second half of 2022/23 to gain her shape back (just dreaming :whistle:)

• What is the situation in the Serbian league? Who's the biggest favorite there? I don't have the opportunity to watch matches, only dry results:rose:

Milena said that she really wanted to become a mother:heart:

Železničar Lajkovac is sure favourite IMO. Strong team with both experienced player (Antonijević, Vujović) and young and talented player (Uzelac, Mirosavljevic, Milojević). Zvezda is obviously, with big investments (for serbian league standards ofc), serious contender also. There are also Stara Pazova (young but "well oiled" team) and Ub (last year champion). This four teams is both projected ,based on regular phase results, and preseason expetations for semi final.

At sunday we have Cup final between Železničar and Zvezda.

• Superleague has no thread, so i will leave this here.

UB x Železničar Lajkovac

Semifinal (second game, Laovac won first with 3-2, best of 3 system)

• What do y’all think the VNL roster will look like ?

• A 14 person roster for week one could look like

OH Buša Milenković Lazović Crncecić

MB Kocić Aleksić Popvoć Stevanović

Opp Bjelica Savić Carić

S Mirković, Veselinović

L Pusić

• First of all i think it would be the strongest team, maybe with just few youngsters if it will be possible to have more than 14 players per week. Other possibility is mixed team for week one and the rest with strongest lineup, because it is the only competition before WCH with new coach and team with new structure.

Strongest (tbh not expected) lineup for me would be:

s: Ognjenović, Antonijević

opp: Bošković, Carić

oh: Lazović, Crnčević, Uzelac, Mirosavljević

mb: Popović, Stevanović, Kocić, Aleksić

l: Popović?, Jegdić, Đurđević

*Antonijevic status is unknown, so probably it will be Živković, personally if it can't be Antonijevic i would go with Veselinović/Perović

*probably Bjelica would be back up opp and i hate it

*gave up on both Milenković and Buša is 100% rational move for me

*libero position could be interesting, i don't know what to expect

• Regarding libero position, there is also Marija Popović, who was doing really great in USA.

• Do you really think that caric is better than Savic?

• Do you really think that caric is better than Savic?

Hard question tbh, yes in some way, but at the same time Carić had been more injuried than she effectively had been played in last couple of years. Savić didn't make a progres as i expected in last two season. When we consider all matters neither of them are top level potential, but it's worthy to invest in them, IMO they could be more valuable than Bjelica ever was, and ATM Serbia don't have better.Basically maybe i would give Caric (when she is healthy) a slight advantage, but because injuries are 100% realistic, Savić is probably more acceptable choice.

• Popović is not having a very good season in FB :what: Maybe Kurtagic or Milojevic is better?

• Popović is not having a very good season in FB :what: Maybe Kurtagic or Milojevic is better?

Popović was bad in Scandicci too, but regained her shape for NT summer, with Maja she will be good i am sure. Kurtagić isn't ready, Milojević torn her ACL.

• I know she’s not great but we need Milenković she’s our only good passer with Blago retiring

• Rankovic is having a good season.. do you think there’s finally a chance she makes it to the NT

She said that she will retire after this season, because of that i don't count her. IMO we should put accent on younger players, but at the same time she deserve a spot, at least once (VNL at least).

Today's semifinal, third and decisive match in clash up between Ub and Lajkovac, was crazy, not high quality, but so intense. A lot of harsh comments follow Ub players, for example for Ranković, fans said that her time is over and that is the only reason why she is back in Serbia, her last IG post was about that @lili___14.

*Also Medić announced her retirement plans after this season.

• Since I have already "privatized" this thread, let continue in that way. In anticipation of the first list, I want to share my final thoughts. After semifinals and horrible play by Antonijević, i kinda admitted to myself I gave so much credits to Antonijević, because of her great level in the past, and personal simpaties towards her, but i would definetly cancle her from "my plans", changed my mind and i definetly want to see some youngsters in both VNL and WCH next to Maja.

So although both Živković and Antonijević are for sure second/third best serbian setter ATM, as Maja obviously won't retire till Paris, it is right time to start preparing new main setter who will be Maja succeder, just in position way. Now it is almost sure that it will be huge decrease, and not just romanticly because of Maja high level, girls just isn't that. So making a compact team, with strong relation between players and coach, confidence and good atmosphere, all things that will play the most important role with desire of keeping high level of results on international stage. It will be hard