Serbian Women's NT 2022

• I guess that she retired, it wasn't officially announced, at least i don't remember such a thing, but it is expectable outcome for me.

She will be missed. She’s one of the most important members of the golden generation and I think she’s very underappreciated. Without her the Serbian NT can’t play the 2-player receiving system for so many years and her precise bump sets to Boskovic are always a joy to watch.

• Hi everyone! Does anyone know why Aleksandra Cirovic (S) has not been called to the NT since 2019? Just found this forum recently and also she did well in the AVC Club Championships last month (?) (MVP, in fact). She got called for VNL 2019 but then they never called her again.

• Hi everyone! Does anyone know why Aleksandra Cirovic (S) has not been called to the NT since 2019? Just found this forum recently and also she did well in the AVC Club Championships last month (?) (MVP, in fact). She got called for VNL 2019 but then they never called her again.

She is short which is opposite to the proclaimed philosophy by OSSRB (more like a metaphor, there are a couple of people who decide everything) so she was out of radar in Terzic era (after that try in VNL), unfortunately when it comes to wide list Santareli continue with obediecne.

• I find it depressing that the current best Serbian OH is healthy but she’s on the coaching staff instead of the team….

• i hope brankica mihajlović will get her old shape. she may be not the best receiver, but she is the spiker that serbia needs. if serbia only had her at the tokyo 2020, maybe serbia would win higher place (i also can't lie that usa had greeat shape for tokyo)

• Hmm what will our starting line up look like against Belgium ?

• Only avaiable information is that girls will travel to Ankara on Sunday morning. Nothing about lineup so far. Bjelica will be the captain

• Only avaiable information is that girls will travel to Ankara on Sunday morning. Nothing about lineup so far. Bjelica will be the captain

what’s your best guess ? Mine is

Lazo/Bojana

Aleksić/Stevanović

Drča/Bjelica

Pušic

• Staff for 1 week:

OPP: Bjelica,Zelenovic

Setter:Drca,Mirkovic

MB:Aleksic,Stevanovic,Kocic,Delic

OH:Mihajlovic,Lazovic,Mirosavljevic,Lozo

Libero: Pusic,Djurdjevic

• Please tell me the VBW roster listing Lozo as an opp is a typo lol

• If we manage to get Lazović and Lozo as a reliable starting OH duo, this VNL will be a success regardless of the outcome.

And even more so if Mirosavljević shows she can be counted on.

Also if Santareli manage to get it that Mirkovic just can't play in NT.

Mirosavljevic just need to chill out a bit, i mean energy is huge part of her quality, but she seems too excited and makes some simple mistakes.

• If we manage to get Lazović and Lozo as a reliable starting OH duo, this VNL will be a success regardless of the outcome.

And even more so if Mirosavljević shows she can be counted on.

lozo looks very steady and is receiving and attacking very well. I have some smaller concerns about Lazović but she has some very good moments.

• Lozo is supposed to play in Romania next year, according to Jaglicic. I just hope that after this nice appereance in VNL she will get better offers.

• Lozo is supposed to play in Romania next year, according to Jaglicic. I just hope that after this nice appereance in VNL she will get better offers.

There are also rumours about her in polish league in Radom. It would be great transfer looking at her current shape ;)

she’s too good for that league

• Now that we have some break time I wanna decompress and go over some things we have learned.

Lozo and Lazović should be our starting outsides at WCs. They both are in great form in all aspects and are better than I was expecting. (Yes not agaisnt the very top competition but they are still killing the ball impressively) Lozo especially looks ready to take some of the load off of Bošković

Aleksić is a fantastic all around player. Her blocking against the Netherlands was poor but other than that she has been a monster at the net for this squad. I would like to see her and Stevanović both get set more but I’ll touch on that more later. Stevanović and Drca don’t really seem to have a great slide connection yet. Will give it some more time but that slide is dangerous when we get it right. Her blocking has been solid as well.

Drča has been fantastic to the pins but COMPLETELY ignores the middles in transition. It’s incredibly frustrating to have such great middles but never use them on offense. Mirković is actually improved and maybe one day can be a decent back up.

Pusić has been better than I expected. Very solid on defense and steady in serve receive. Her reception isn’t amazing but it’s steady enough.

Bjelica nothing we didn’t already know but I like the leadership she provides. I don’t think Zelenović is the future at opp. I know she’s young but she is just so slow and clumsy.

• Yeah, it's definitely worth investing in Lazović and Lozo as the starting OH duo. I'm still praying that Brankica SOMEHOW recovers some of her previous form and adds a bit more firepower. She could be a joker card, at least. I hope Santarelli called her up for a reason and not just her name.

Aleksić is great and should be a lock in the starting line-up. Stevanović has for some reason never played all that well on NT after 2015. I actually thought she had a better connection with Bojana than Maja, but it didn't work so well in Ankara now. Kocić should be given a chance too.

Agree that Zelenović ain't it. Yeah she's tall, but that's it. I'd MUCH rather see Branka Tica there, but alas. Too bad that Sara Carić seems to be injured 90% of the time.

• Yeah, it's definitely worth investing in Lazović and Lozo as the starting OH duo. I'm still praying that Brankica SOMEHOW recovers some of her previous form and adds a bit more firepower. She could be a joker card, at least. I hope Santarelli called her up for a reason and not just her name.

Aleksić is great and should be a lock in the starting line-up. Stevanović has for some reason never played all that well on NT after 2015. I actually thought she had a better connection with Bojana than Maja, but it didn't work so well in Ankara now. Kocić should be given a chance too.

Agree that Zelenović ain't it. Yeah she's tall, but that's it. I'd MUCH rather see Branka Tica there, but alas. Too bad that Sara Carić seems to be injured 90% of the time.

I would not like to copy from both, but I am thinking the same on each of the topics mentioned.

Uzelac also seems to have some health problems.

If we have ambitions to qualify for the final tournament (from the interviews it seems that we have) Bjelica must to play almost every game (PROBLEM!), and despite that good game against Thailand, I do not see Zelenovic as a possible factor. We are basically without true back up opposite. Even Brankica as a solution is quite unpossible, it is announced that nor Drca nor Mihajlovic will travel in Brazil and Canada (we have to wait to see is it true).

Stevanovic had the best connection with Antonijevic though, that WGP 2017, esepcially intercontinental round was really good.