Serbian Women's NT 2022

• Will Boskovic join to the roster if Serbia qualifies to quarterfinals?

• Will Boskovic join to the roster if Serbia qualifies to quarterfinals?

no. She is not on the wide roster so she can’t

• I hope Mihajlović is fully recovered by the World Championship. I think Santarelli can improve her reception and attack to its maximum. I would love to see Mihajlović-Lazović duo at World Championship, but also Buša as a backup. She has such a good serve, and she's not too bad at reception. I agree with Bogdan about Stevanović having a best relationship with Antonijević, but I hope Drča and her can find decent connection. What's going to happen with Silvija Popović? Did she retire from national team, or stopped playing volleyball at all?

• Uzelac had operations, that's why she doesn't play VNL (if the translator translated me well:cheesy:)

https://www.mozzartsport.com/o…-da-zaigram-ponovo/422183

• Uzelac had operations, that's why she doesn't play VNL (if the translator translated me well: D)

https://www.mozzartsport.com/o…-da-zaigram-ponovo/422183

Yup She had operation on her neck and She hopes that She will back to perform with NT at Youth ECH.

• Excuse my ignorance … but … what happened to that Serbian blonde setter that was supposed to be the future of Serbia in that position ?

I'm confused a bit but

Antonijevic is blonde, also with 34yo she hardly can be considered as future, LoL - she is retired from NT anyway.

Jakšić is blonde, she is playing VNL currently, but also she is not like well expected future on that position, more like transition try out.

• I think he was talking about antonijevic

She was good but many injuries and also back up of maja

• Is anyone planning to watch the Mediterranean Games? (I hope somehow the games are streamed) I saw the line-up yesterday here and it's pretty much the U21/U19 smashed together minus Uzelac, Mandovic, and Pakic based on the photos. I'm looking forward to see how the girls play because U21 and U19 ECH will also happen in the next months.

• Serbia ends preliminary round with 8-4 score is pretty much surprise even to me. I predicted 6 wins, was in hope for seventh, but really wasn't expecting 8.

I expected that we would make some surprise against the favorites, which we did against Turkey and it can be said tonight against Japan, but I also expected that we might lose some of the games against Germany, Belgium, Canada, Netherlands, even Bulgaria. I am really happy that even with ups and downs in these games, we came out of all of them as winners in the end, and definitely 8 wins shows that it was not by chance.

Loose against Thailand was tight and maybe it shouldn't happened, but nothing spectacular bad.

Brazil is the only completely disappointing game, we always had problems with Brazil, no matter what line-up we and they were in, but that game was really bad both in terms of play and results.

In the matches against the USA and Italy, which are honestly much better than us, there was a little bit of fear, so we didn't take advantage of the chances for somewhat more uncertain matches, but there certainly weren't many of them anyway. Kinda neutral impression from these games.

SETTERS:

OPPOSITES:

OUTSIDE HITTERS:

MIDDLE BLOCKERS:

LIBERO:

DANIELE SANTARELLI

• I want to say kudos to Serbia team! I think it was a smart move to let Boskovic get rest for her own mental and physical health (she has been playing nonstop for a decade almost) on the other hand it was a good move for the team to show what they are capable of in the absence of Boskovic since they have been relying her a lot after the fall of Mihajlovic.

Lozo was one of the revelations of the tournament. Moreover it was nice to see stevanovic back to Serbia NT. I'm happy that Alexic is finally getting the credit she deserves. I think she should be starter over Popovic any day! Although phenomenal players like Rasic and Veljkovic are retired, Serbia's MB position is at good hands (considering how good Koç is as well)

Mirkovic didn't suck, which probably looks like she played great 🤣 I would still prefer zivkovic, her boring but consistent game has proven to be working for Serbia. Especially after Boskovic is back

• Great analisyis, Bogdan!

I'm more than satisfied with how this tournament panned out for Serbia. To be completely, honest, I didn't think they'd reach the F8 with this squad, but they made it and completely deserved it. They beat everyone they were supposed to beat, Thailand was maybe a bit of an iffy loss, but they compensated it with wins over Turkey and Japan. And when they lost, they put up a good fight, except in that horrible match against Brazil.

Mirković wasn't totally tragic, which is a bit of a surprise :lol: She had a lot of WTF moments of course, but also some really good plays. I'd still take Živković over her any day, but in any case, the setter position will be a long term problem and we really need to try out as many players as possible.

Bjelica showed she can be reliable against 2nd tier teams, like always, but we'll need someone to take some load off Tijana against the big guns as well. Zelenović ain't it and we have to keep looking. I'm still hoping Sara Carić will manage to be healthy some day.

OHs did well. Lozo was probably the most reliable one and the biggest surprise. She can definitely be a late bloomer, but I'm more than pissed that she's going to Lugoj. She really needs to play in a stronger league. Lazović didn't really repeat the magic of last year, but this time it was different because she was supposed to one of the leaders and more was expected of her. She still had some good moments, she saved our ass against Canada in the end of that match, for example.

Buša was a nice surprise after not playing for almost a year, in some moments she almost looked like the best version of herself. Milenković contributed as well. Mirosavljević took her chances well whenever she was given some court time as well.

The problem is that all of them are incosistent and none are really world beaters, but it's good to have some depth there finally. And hopefully over time things will become more clear.

Aleksić-Stevanović absolutely rocks as the MB duo! Rašić-Veljković can never be repeated but this is as close as we can realistically expect. Jovana Kocić should have played more, though, and that's the only thing I can complain about Santarelli.

Teodora Pušić will never be Brenda Castillo, but she did her job.

The player selection was questionnable is some cases, but that's more of a Serbian federation's fault. Branka TIca and Minja Osmajić should have absolutely been there instead of Mijatović and Delić,

And perhaps the most importantly, the transition from the Terzić era seems to be going very smoothly, the team chemistry seems amazing and the girls really thrive under Santarelli, and he seems to be enjoying himself too. Hopefully it stays the same when Maja and Tijana return.

• Teodora Pušić will never be Brenda Castillo, but she did her job.

I'm not sure about this comparison but I think Pušić has been improving herself every year. Still a long way but any improvement is good. I didn't like her before but I've somewhat grown to like her.

• I'm not sure about this comparison but I think Pušić has been improving herself every year. Still a long way but any improvement is good. I didn't like her before but I've somewhat grown to like her.

she’s been Serbias overall best player this VNL. In my opinion

• Also what on EARTH is Jaksić doing??? Every time she’s touched the all this VNL she absolutely mangled it and made plays I’ve never seen from players this level

• Also what on EARTH is Jaksić doing??? Every time she’s touched the all this VNL she absolutely mangled it and made plays I’ve never seen from players this level

Someone needs to make a gif. It's the perfect meme:lol:

• she’s been Serbias overall best player this VNL. In my opinion

I agree with this. A lot of these wins wouldn't have been possible without her. She's been very stable as well, probably more than everyone else.

Jakšić is by far the biggest disappointment, last year she looked like she could MAYBE take over after Maja, now she's playing like she's never touched a ball in her life.

I'm still bitter Tica wasn't even invited after a phenomenal season in the Serbian league at the age of 18. What were they thinking selecting Mijatović over her? That was an absurd choice.

Terzić did a lot of amazing things for Serbian women's volleyball, but sadly meritocracy will not be a part of his legacy and it needs to change ASAP.