Serbian Women's NT 2022

• Honestly she is danger to lost her position and i'm sad about that. But maybe that will create hard battle among OH's for that spot(s), still including her ofc.

I think Mihajlovic and Lazovic(I was a little surprised that it was so little used) will lose their place in the team to Tica and Uzelac :win:

Mihajlovic is rather close to the end I think

• I think Lazovic is fine, i see her as vice Busa and her place is not connected with other OH spot where Lozo and Mihajlovic play now, and in future Tica and Uzelac.

She is just 22y old, last 6th months in Monza was bad, but she have whole season now to get a mojo back and i am very curious where will she end up in january. But she dont have rush or pressure, Busa is still main player in this Olympic circle and she just need to help her and gain even more experience.

As i said before, and Bogdan now, this team is on the top for a reason and young players will always find their place in the team. But there is no rush, they just need to learn from the starters and take their place when time come.

• I can agree with this, but OTOH i have to admit that i feel like you have slight but tendency to underrate our players, now for example to fit into this sensationalistic narrative of our success. This also happened during the tournament, minimal volleyball related but more fan-oriented "preparing" for failure.

You shouldn't have taken those as my serious thoughts. Those were just to mentally prepare me for disappointment AND to hopefully disarm some of the mocking in case of failure.;):P

First of all, I think that our write-off after last year was completely wrong, even if it came from almost everyone. Pretty superficial, but even that is non important for this what I want to point out.

I can agree with that.

A very nice analysis of the difference between the position and composition of our team in 2018 and 2022. I agree with almost everything, even the statement that even with the VNL bronze and even that position on the betting lists, our title was quite unexpected.

But this "All in all, I feel this tournament was something of a perfect lightning unexpectedly caught in a proverbial bottle. That is not to say that with a continued brilliant leadership by this coach and the sustained form from this summer of a few crucial players (Drca, Busa, Stevanovic and Lozo) we can't catch that storm again, but we shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work out."this i see wrong on many instances.

The End with an almost inferior undertone which derives from a statement embellished by a wonderful stylistic writing, which denies the systemic basis of this success and attributes it to some sudden and poetically described luck. I strongly disagree with this part. As much as the performance and form of some players was unexpected (which I completely agree with), it speaks more about our mistrust, ignorance,..., than about the abilities of those players.

Yes, the dice did line up and created some impressive charge with the resulting overall pleasant atmosphere with a great coach on top which all played a very important role in this success. We should not forget that all these players were part of the younger representative selections, coming from similar but different generations, which supports a serious and valid systemic approach to an important part of the development of these players. Even if we waited couple of years, it turned out that the selection was good and not random at all. Drca is perhaps the only player who jumps out of these frames and can really be credited with an almost cinematically inspiring story.

Thanks for the compliments, and none of my points or overall argument was a denial of a long-term systemic work. This is one of the drawbacks of trying to have this much of a complex argument and analysis in a language that neither of us are native to. It can so very easily be taken wrongly or misunderstood, unfortunately.;(

I think we agree on much more than we disagree (including that volleysrb can be unrealistic when it comes to evaluating us and our opponents' level; sorry volleysrb:P).

• Thanks for the compliments, and none of my points or overall argument was a denial of a long-term systemic work. This is one of the drawbacks of trying to have this much of a complex argument and analysis in a language that neither of us are native to. It can so very easily be taken wrongly or misunderstood, unfortunately.;(

Your post and that part about "storm" was just a motive and my point was more about general atmosphere on this forum then just a reply to you (actually every longer comment of mine turns into something au général oriented). The general status of Serbian players is interesting, where I'm not talking about the top 10, who more or less following the success of our national team, usually have an elite status among the clubs, but the rest are actually stuck, where the only platform for them to break into the better leagues/clubs is the national team. At the same time, I am not really referring to nationality as a danger factor, but what is really the reason for that, a complex question, a kind of vicious circle, and I responsibly claim that the quality is not lacking.

• New president of OSSRB will be elected on Sunday November 13.

Anyway Ivan Knezevic will stay as gen. secretary and de facto continue to govern the federation. Although I cannot support this cheap politicization of the most trophy-winning association, as a selfish fan of this sport, I hope that next to power distribution and the material benefit of individuals, volleyball retain as an interest, at least to the extent it has been so far.

• Branka Tica in the latest podcast. <3

Thanks for this! Not to be a Ngative Nancy, but it's a little ridiculous to hear "with great enthusiasm we introduce..." from a guy who has a permanent sloth energy and demeanour in all his interviews (and not our sloth, at that:P).:lol::rolll:

And now that I said it, I realise there's a not insignificant chance that either you or Bogdan know this guy. If so, can you tell him to SHOW an actual enthusiasm and not simply speak of it?:P

• Thanks for this! Not to be a Ngative Nancy, but it's a little ridiculous to hear "with great enthusiasm we introduce..." from a guy who has a permanent sloth energy and demeanour in all his interviews (and not our sloth, at that:P).:lol::rolll:

And now that I said it, I realise there's a not insignificant chance that either you or Bogdan know this guy. If so, can you tell him to SHOW an actual enthusiasm and not simply speak of it?:P

Oh no, you've found me... I mean, great interview, right?

• Oh no, you've found me... I mean, great interview, right?

Next time, take less barbiturates right before the interview. Other then that, you did great.:P

• I salute Vesna being rewarded for her dedication for Serbian volleyball with this. That woman breathes volleyball. Nice to see people remember her.:thumbup: