Turkey NT 2022

• Alexia obtained Turkish citizenship, but the Romanian federation says it will not allow her to change the national team:sos:

• Alexia obtained Turkish citizenship, but the Romanian federation says it will not allow her to change the national team:sos:

can you blame them?

It was known she was applying for Turkish citizenship before last summer.... and she still competed with the Romanian NT afterwards....

It's different than someone like Vargas... who isn't competing for another NT.

Anyway, according to FIVB rules, every team can have only 1 naturalized player who played before for other senior national team. In this case, Alexia or Melissa would need to be out of roster.

FIVB: Only one (1) player having previously played for another national team of the same age category can be part of a team

• If she hadn't played for romanian Nt last summer, she wouldn't have played volleyball for 2 years because they probably wouldn't gave a license.

Alexia could not play in the first 2-3 weeks of the league last year because they did not give this license. She wants to play for the Turkish national team for a long time.

• If she hadn't played for romanian Nt last summer, she wouldn't have played volleyball for 2 years because they probably wouldn't gave a license.

Alexia could not play in the first 2-3 weeks of the league last year because they did not give this license. She wants to play for the Turkish national team for a long time.

Then she should've gotten FIVB to intervene (like they have done with Vargas and countless other players)

I don't see why she wants to even play to Turkey when Vargas is coming before her. (and she's only 22... not like she's old or something)

• Then she should've gotten FIVB to intervene (like they have done with Vargas and countless other players)

I don't see why she wants to even play to Turkey when Vargas is coming before her. (and she's only 22... not like she's old or something)

Alexia has bigger potential than Vargas. Currently Vargas might be better but in a few years, Alexia will surpass Vargas if she continues improving at the same pace with last couple of years. Also she probably feels 'more Turkish' than Vargas does. That's why I'm not surprised that she wants to play for Turkish NT

• I think she has to wait 2 years to play in Turkish NT first. After that period is over, it doesn't matter who is better. She can play in a leg of VNL and then she can play as a local player in Vakifbank and that would give a big opportunity to the team. (I don't think Ebrar will be back.)

• With this talk about Vargas VS Alexia for the NT, has Ebrar truly got counted out as Opp?

Of course not, she is better than both right now

• I like Alexia’s game more than Vargas, but given the OH position is the biggest weakness of the Turkish NT, having Vargas playing as OH alongside with Ebrar as Opp seems to be better than having Alexia in the NT, which means either Ebrar or Alexia would be on the bench.

• I think we should read Naz's message as "I retire from the NT until Guietti & Eda leave". If Guidetti leaves, we might see a lot of names coming back like Kubra Akman, Asli Kalac, Gizem Örge, Gamze Alikaya...if he leaves sooner, then we might even see Neriman and Gizem Guresen too.

I think this was the right decision for Naz anyway, her mind seemed to be engaged with his son, spending a full summer with him might make her thirsty again and she might be back for the next olympics cycle. I wonder where her next destination will be though, THY or GS. I prefer Gamze in GS and Naz in Eczacibasi/THY. It would be fun to watch her with Boskovic and against Vakifbank and FB next season :super:

• I think we should read Naz's message as "I retire from the NT until Guietti & Eda leave". If Guidetti leaves, we might see a lot of names coming back like Kubra Akman, Asli Kalac, Gizem Örge, Gamze Alikaya...if he leaves sooner, then we might even see Neriman and Gizem Guresen too.

I think this was the right decision for Naz anyway, her mind seemed to be engaged with his son, spending a full summer with him might make her thirsty again and she might be back for the next olympics cycle. I wonder where her next destination will be though, THY or GS. I prefer Gamze in GS and Naz in Eczacibasi/THY. It would be fun to watch her with Boskovic and against Vakifbank and FB next season :super:

Do you really think that if Guidetti leaves, these names will make Turkish NT better than now?

My answer is NO... Most of these names are either average or far from their old days. Among these names, only Gamze can contribute to the Turkish national team as backup of Cansu in high-level matches .

Maybe Güresen play better than simge but she is 35. She may retire soon and not see 2024.

• I like Alexia’s game more than Vargas, but given the OH position is the biggest weakness of the Turkish NT, having Vargas playing as OH alongside with Ebrar as Opp seems to be better than having Alexia in the NT, which means either Ebrar or Alexia would be on the bench.

Ebrar can play as OH too. Actually I think her game is more appropriate to play as OH than OPP. I hope she will be convinced to play as OH.

Why do you say that? What did Naz say exactly about Eda and Guidetti?