Turkey NT 2022

• FT6U8f5WUAEhrw8?format=jpg&name=large

:heart:

Ps: Were Tuğba and Derya included in the Mediterranean Games?

• i mean... at least Ilkin played all the league as starter. Tugba has to play more, and i think that's why she's on the Mediterranean Games with Unal, another non-starter this club season...

That's true but Ilkin's performance was pretty poor all season long... Tugba did good when called to action (Game 4 against Fener is still fresh).

Elif Sahin wasn't a starter but she is with the VNL squad... (I like her more than Buse, but the point is the same)

• IMO not all the 17 players shown in the TVF media ceremony have guaranteed the 14-roster vacancy.

For example, Saliha (OH), Ilkin (OH), and Sila (S) can be cut (at any time) together with Derya and Tugba at the time when the Mediterranean game calls.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Ilkin over Tugba? :/:/:/

or does Turkey want to be as competitive as possible in both competitions?

I think GUI wants the backup players to have playing times in Mediterranean games instead of sitting on the bench during VNL. That's why Buse is also in Mediterranean roster

• I think GUI wants the backup players to have playing times in Mediterranean games instead of sitting on the bench during VNL. That's why Buse is also in Mediterranean roster

It just seems strange to me. turkey obviously wants to win the VNL... an OH quartet of Hande, Meliha, Saliha, and Ilkin... isn't very convincing. Ilkin doesn't offer anything Meliha or Hande already dont... whereas Tugba does imo.

Strange. It's a long summer... I hope they dont get burned out with minimal backup for Hande/Meliha, Zehra/Eda...

• It just seems strange to me. turkey obviously wants to win the VNL... an OH quartet of Hande, Meliha, Saliha, and Ilkin... isn't very convincing. Ilkin doesn't offer anything Meliha or Hande already dont... whereas Tugba does imo.

Strange. It's a long summer... I hope they dont get burned out with minimal backup for Hande/Meliha, Zehra/Eda...

İlkin didn't have a great season this year but she played really well last year during VNL. I think she has potential as much as Tuğba. Same for Saliha who regularly played season and showed a balanced performance. Hande and Meliha will be mostly the starters anyways. If Tuğba, Derya and Buse would have a good tournament during Mediterranean Games, all 3 can be included to VNL finals or WCh roster.

I agree about middles by the way. It think both Eda and Zehra should have taken first couple of weeks off and join later. Meanwhile both Kübra and Aslı who had good seasons should have played as starters during VNL to see who deserves a spot in WCH

• It just seems strange to me. turkey obviously wants to win the VNL... an OH quartet of Hande, Meliha, Saliha, and Ilkin... isn't very convincing. Ilkin doesn't offer anything Meliha or Hande already dont... whereas Tugba does imo.

Hande is very inconsistent. Do they think keeping her around will eventually make her better? I don't understand how she's the only one that seems to be the only exception

• That's true but Ilkin's performance was pretty poor all season long... Tugba did good when called to action (Game 4 against Fener is still fresh).

Elif Sahin wasn't a starter but she is with the VNL squad... (I like her more than Buse, but the point is the same)

i like Sahin too! i watched she entering in many times in the turkish league, and of course on the matches Maja were not the starter.

Guidetti seems to like tall setters.

but Buse did a good job in the WCCH as well

• Hande is very inconsistent. Do they think keeping her around will eventually make her better? I don't understand how she's the only one that seems to be the only exception

i think she has a status of star in the underages (MVP, titles)... they still believe on her, 24 yo, she did a nice job on backcourt in some matches in Tokyo.

but still inconsistent for me too. she has some credits with some people, i think

• i think she has a status of star in the underages (MVP, titles)... they still believe on her, 24 yo, she did a nice job on backcourt in some matches in Tokyo.

but still inconsistent for me too. she has some credits with some people, i think

She does indeed for a while. Tbf even if she is not perfect she became fairly all-around and is decent overall. She is generally better for NT than club, still she def. gets away with too much.

• İlkin didn't have a great season this year but she played really well last year during VNL. I think she has potential as much as Tuğba. Same for Saliha who regularly played season and showed a balanced performance. Hande and Meliha will be mostly the starters anyways. If Tuğba, Derya and Buse would have a good tournament during Mediterranean Games, all 3 can be included to VNL finals or WCh roster.

Ok but doesn't it make more sense for İlkin to go to Mediterrenean games, she had a horrible season and Tuğba was an important part of the Turkish Olympic roster and for VB at the end of the year, she also took the initiative to go to Japan. Last time he played mind games with players like that they got cut altogether, see Kübra. So I don't like it, maybe he wants to test the bench vs greater bench idk