Turkey NT 2022

• That is actually one of the problem of Turkish NT program in general. Youth categories is more about balanced teams with no player quality enough to step up for senior team in future (OPP and especially OH wise). I mean it sensless tbh, all that medals and youth level successes. Similar situation is with Serbia (OH and setter position). I mean i don't care about silver medal from WCH last year, if 0 players from that team make it to the senior NT. Of course, winning medals is desirable, and a significant success, but only if it is accompanied by the "making" of players for the future.

Definitely agree! Turkey had very good results from certain generations but not many of them reached to senior NT. For example 1994 generation has won youth and junior ECH, and youth WCH. However we didn't get anyone to senior NT (except aslı kalac and Kübra akman)

Also 2002 generation seems to be successful based on medals but I don't see anyone being called to senior NT anytime soon. On the other hand, 2000 generation got last place during youth ECh but at least we got Ebrar from that generation.

Turkey generally has technically good but physically limited outsides (damla Çakıroğlu, Sude) and setters. Those players can beat their peers at age tournaments due to their technical capacity. However, when they reach to senior level, they can't compete anymore due to lack of physical capacity.

Thus, what really matters in these age competitions is how many players do stand out and can be used in senior NT. Getting a gold medal with a team full of mediocre but balanced players is worthless.

• Turkey lost the final to Italy. I already knew that at some point Wing-spiker number 14 (yilmaz) would not be able to play. She is very low.

I think Ceylin played a worse game than Seriva.

Begun was as good as ever.

Bianka didn't play so badly.

The player that surprised me the most was eylul boztepe. She is tall and has a good volleyball. Turkey needs players like that.

The worst players on the turkey team today were the liberos and setters.

• Preparations for the World Cup begin today.

I do not expect any changes:lol:

• Judging by the photos during training, they are currently:

OPP: Derya(OH?),Meryem,Ebrar

Setter: Cansu, Elif

MB: Eda, Zehra, Beyza, Ayçin

OH: Saliha, Yaprak, Tuğba, Meliha, İlkin,Hande

Libero: Simge, Aylin,Ayça

• I was about write the same thing. But I think she is the stepdaughter of Burhan Canbolat.

Yes he is the stepfather indeed. I am not even sure if Lisa was born in turkey because at that time Alyssa was playing in Ukraine and russia

• I wonder why Kübra and Aslı are not here:/

• I don’t understand why Sila was cut and Elif was given the sub role.

Guidetti likes taller setters. Cansu has block disadvantage so he wants to use them for increasing the block height, just like Buse case in previous ECH.

In addition, in VNL Elif was ok, but Sıla didn't show any positive performance way to even Cansu had a really moderate performance at this tournament. At this moment she is deserved to be there, but is she solid backup, not entirely.

I was happy that Sıla was invited to NT. I hoped she would be a good sub. However, Elif used the chance that it was given to her and here she is.

• Guidetti likes taller setters. Cansu has block disadvantage so he wants to use them for increasing the block height, just like Buse case in previous ECH.

In addition, in VNL Elif was ok, but Sıla didn't show any positive performance way to even Cansu had a really moderate performance at this tournament. At this moment she is deserved to be there, but is she solid backup, not entirely.

I was happy that Sıla was invited to NT. I hoped she would be a good sub. However, Elif used the chance that it was given to her and here she is.

I don’t think Elif showed any significant performance to be called she deserved to be there.

• Elif was good enough whenever she was in. Also I think the choice is mostly based on blocking skills since that's the biggest shortcoming of playing with Cansu. It makes sense to bring a tall setter for double sub. Considering how inconsistent Ebrar is, I think we should use a lot of double sub