2022 CEV European League

• Go to Silver League -> League Round -> Match Center -> (Scroll Down) Box Score in on the right

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=60819

Thanks!

I wonder why R. lazic is not playing instead of Anna Haak. Anna is very short for international level and her reception isn't any better than lazic sisters.

Sweden desperately needs a good setter. It is a pity to see a player like Haak is playing at this level

• Thanks!

I wonder why R. lazic is not playing instead of Anna Haak. Anna is very short for international level and her reception isn't any better than lazic sisters.

Sweden desperately needs a good setter. It is a pity to see a player like Haak is playing at this level

Anna did have a better club season than Rebecka (although neither were greatly consistent)

I didn't watch all of the match, but I thought Andersson was fine. Nothing spectacular, but acceptable.

Their middles are more concerning. All of Sweden's block pressure came from the wings... the middles are a free pass half of the time.

• Their middles are more concerning. All of Sweden's block pressure came from the wings... the middles are a free pass half of the time.

Lilly Topic was best blocker of regular season in German league with big distance, but she can't score an attack to save her life :gone: Still I was surprised to see her on bench in NT now, last year she was starter...

• Lilly Topic was best blocker of regular season in German league with big distance, but she can't score an attack to save her life :gone: Still I was surprised to see her on bench in NT now, last year she was starter...

i think that's it. the staff has to challenge her, to increase on the kill skills to help her team, she already stays on the bench almost half of the match bc of rotation, you gotta be competitive on your team, imo

• Anna did have a better club season than Rebecka (although neither were greatly consistent)

I didn't watch all of the match, but I thought Andersson was fine. Nothing spectacular, but acceptable.

Their middles are more concerning. All of Sweden's block pressure came from the wings... the middles are a free pass half of the time.

Its a new coach with new ideas, they were saying on swedish news that they also hired "an expert" from USA to go through their playstyle and how they should improve their game. If they want an american influence to their playstyle they need to improve their receiving. Anna Haak I would say has a better receive than R Lazic. They have also changed players alot in the training matches.

I agree with you on the middles, that's where the big weakness is. Setting is also a problem.

• they should naturalize a setter. we can give them Buket who giovanni never calls for NT lol

• Its a new coach with new ideas, they were saying on swedish news that they also hired "an expert" from USA to go through their playstyle and how they should improve their game. If they want an american influence to their playstyle they need to improve their receiving. Anna Haak I would say has a better receive than R Lazic. They have also changed players alot in the training matches.

I agree with you on the middles, that's where the big weakness is. Setting is also a problem.

I saw they brought in Jim McLaughlin…. I’m not sure I would consider him an expert lol

• i think that's it. the staff has to challenge her, to increase on the kill skills to help her team, she already stays on the bench almost half of the match bc of rotation, you gotta be competitive on your team, imo

For an MB first job is to block. Especially considering that Sweden has a scoring machine Opp and okayish wings, they don't need a scorer MB. A good blocker would do the work at this level.

By the way, jokes aside, indeed Sweden is one of those countries who could benefit from one good naturalization to make it to next step. They won't be medal contender all of a sudden of course but with a good setter, they could be a team winning golden league for instance

• Luxembourg - Estonia 0-3

Luxembourg - Sweden 0-3

Portugal - Slovenia 3-0 (25-21, 25-14, 25-22):heart:

Portugal: Kavalenka 20 (15/24), Coelho 10 (10/24), Oliveira 10 (5/13, 4 blocks), Maia 8 (4/12), Moura 7 (6/7)

Slovenia: Siftar 11 (10/26), Zatkovic 9 (8/18), Planinsec 7 (3/5, 4 blocks)

• france brating bosnia,they lost 3rd but it seems they gonna win in 4

I wonder there was a bosnian player in korea,bug i don't see her playing,weird

• Sweden - Portugal 2-3 (22-25, 25-21, 18-25, 25-21, 13-15)

Sweden: I.Haak 34 (31/65), R.Lazic 16 (13/29), A.Haak 14 (12/28)

Portugal: Kavalenka 23 (22/45), Oliveira 14 (12/22), Moura 14 (8/18, 5 blocks), Maia 10 (7/21)

• the ranking points for European League are now being updated!

France now on 23rd place, Czech Republic 20th, Croatia, 24th...

Ukraine is on an interesting position for world qualifications too, 26th!

What's the impact of this tournament? It is not comparable to VNL right?

• What's the impact of this tournament? It is not comparable to VNL right?

Not particularly. its a weight of 10 compared to a weight of 40 for the VNL.

However, if you can win all your matches... its a very nice boost to the ranking at a time when all of the other VNL teams are losing points.

• Not particularly. its a weight of 10 compared to a weight of 40 for the VNL.

However, if you can win all your matches... its a very nice boost to the ranking at a time when all of the other VNL teams are losing points.

Indeed! Last 4 place of VNL will be losing a lot of points at the end of tournament