2022 CEV European League

• Romania swept Hungary 3-0

so Ukraine, Romania and Czechia already confirmed on Final Four

France still have risks on not mading the finais (if Spain win the next 2 matches by 3-0, i think that's really difficult)

Ukraine is not qualified yet. If Spain wins both matches 3-0/3-1, Spain and France will have both 3 victories so both will qualify (top ranked and best second).

• Where have you read that Ukraine is finals host?

"The 12 participating teams, divided into three pools of four each, will contest a double round robin in their groups, starting on May 25. After completion of the pool phase on June 12, Croatia and Ukraine will be hosting the men’s and women’s Final Four respectively through June 18-19 – where the home favourites will be vying for top honours together with the three pool winners."

link: https://www.cev.eu/national-te…pean-golden-league/women/

i think this was their 1st post about it, they said 12 teams, but we know it's 9 for now... i think it's not updated so?

• i agree... poor Ukraine, even when they were able to host the match vs Hungary at home last week, in Zaporizhzhia. Milenko and Boyko had an ammazing match, they won by 3-1.

let's wait for where the finals will be!

It going to be hosted by best placed teams

• france is going to hoat one of semo fi als the 16/06 at orleans

• Well Swedish federation punished Ettore Guidetti for reaching quarter finals in ECH and hired Lauri, claiming that now their goals are way bigger and Ettore can't handle it. We see how Lauri is doing it.

Federation could give a chance to Ettore to reward him or at least hire someone with bigger potential. Besides that, how the hell they expect Swedish volleyball to grow when there is literally 0 economic incentive for clubs and noone willing to sponsor teams in Sweden, therefore some clubs winning the league moves down to Division 2. For a country having giant companies like Volvo, Saab, Spotify and many others, it is a pity that they just hope for miracles like Bella Haak. Summary of Swedish volleyball, a federation full of naive people with no clue of volleyball and economics.

• Well Swedish federation punished Ettore Guidetti for reaching quarter finals in ECH and hired Lauri, claiming that now their goals are way bigger and Ettore can't handle it. We see how Lauri is doing it.

Federation could give a chance to Ettore to reward him or at least hire someone with bigger potential. Besides that, how the hell they expect Swedish volleyball to grow when there is literally 0 economic incentive for clubs and noone willing to sponsor teams in Sweden, therefore some clubs winning the league moves down to Division 2. For a country having giant companies like Volvo, Saab, Spotify and many others, it is a pity that they just hope for miracles like Bella Haak. Summary of Swedish volleyball, a federation full of naive people with no clue of volleyball and economics.

It was indeed very dumb to replace a trainer who took this team to quarterfinals. This new guy is now even using Topic although other MBs suck big time. And he is insisting on Anna Haak instead of Lazic🤦 what is the achievement of new trainer? How come is he any better than Ettore?

• It was indeed very dumb to replace a trainer who took this team to quarterfinals. This new guy is now even using Topic although other MBs suck big time. And he is insisting on Anna Haak instead of Lazic🤦 what is the achievement of new trainer? How come is he any better than Ettore?

From what I´ve heard Ettore had a "never set middle"-policy, it was the same when he coached high school girls, don't know if that has something to do with him getting sacked though. I agree with Topic, she isn't injured or anything? It's just stupid if its not something like that.

• From what I´ve heard Ettore had a "never set middle"-policy, it was the same when he coached high school girls, don't know if that has something to do with him getting sacked though. I agree with Topic, she isn't injured or anything? It's just stupid if its not something like that.

I don't think she is injured because she player a few points in previous games, it seems to be a coach preference. She is not a great attacker neither but at least she can block, which is something they are desperately missing. Their wings are better blocker than MBs🤦

• I don't think she is injured because she player a few points in previous games, it seems to be a coach preference. She is not a great attacker neither but at least she can block, which is something they are desperately missing. Their wings are better blocker than MBs🤦

Yeah completely agree. A huge part of their game in quarterfinals was their blocking. That was missing in the Portugal and Estonian matches.

• Yeah completely agree. A huge part of their game in quarterfinals was their blocking. That was missing in the Portugal and Estonian matches.

The other MB, Joanna Wasserfaller has already been good in the Swedish league, not sure if it was her manager but you could always see her name around. Last summer she had an injury and could not be with the team. This proves that she is fine for the Swedish league but not enough for international volleyball. Topic is a mess too, she is extremely slow and has no clue of how to attack.

Ettore's strategy of "no sets to middles" was absolutely right. When you have A. Lazic, Anna Haak and Bella on the wings, why would you set the ball to Topic, who does not have a proper attacking approach? Swedish setters are very clumsy too, I don't blame them, how would a setter learn setting to middles when their middles don't know how to attack? Lauri's career is full of being assistant coaches. This is just a shame and unfortunately, I smell corruption or pure dumbness.

• france is almost qualified to challenger cup as croatia and czechia already are there

Only chance to be out is that romania be higher than then that is not likely happen