2022 CEV European League

• france is almost qualified to challenger cup as croatia and czechia already are there

Only chance to be out is that romania be higher than then that is not likely happen

wait why is Czech there? did they win last year?

are we sure france will get a bid? instead of just not giving a bid?

• wait why is Czech there? did they win last year?

are we sure france will get a bid? instead of just not giving a bid?

Czechia took spot from bulgaria that was winner and was promoted to vnl this year

• so what happens with Bulgaria?

Bulgaria replaces russia but they don't take part as a core but as a challenger team

• did you guys see the Greek coach replacing the starters for his Czech team vs Croatia, pretending to not classify as best 1st team but as 2nd to fight Romania in the semis?? or was just me?

now we have France (4-0 record) vs Croatia (3-1 and best 2nd place)

Czech Republic (3-1) vs Romania (3-1)

i mean, if this was calculated, the karma exists... (he used the regulation in their benefit and bla bla)

if Czechia won the match, Croatia wouldnt classify, Ukraine would made it

they gave the right result they wanted, a 3x1 win

• Are you sure?

The same starting 7 (Valkova/Orvosova, Trnkova/Jehlarova, Faltinova/Mlejnkova, Digrinova) started both matches/all of the sets.

The Czech's needed to sweep Croatia to be the best 1st. (to have the same set ratio as France... then it would be down to point ratio) so anything after the second set doesn't matter.

I could see how the Czech's benefit, but it doesn't look to me like there's anything like that. Or am I missing something?

• they started the match, won the 1st set, struggled in the next 2 and lost. in the 4th set, they started but the coach took them out, it was a 25-12 to Croatia.

i understood your point too! maybe the coach is right to bring the starters to the bench, their summer is too long with Golden League, Challenger Cup, Eurovolley qualifiers and WCH...

• they started the match, won the 1st set, struggled in the next 2 and lost. in the 4th set, they started but the coach took them out, it was a 25-12 to Croatia.

i understood your point too! maybe the coach is right to bring the starters to the bench, their summer is too long with Golden League, Challenger Cup, Eurovolley qualifiers and WCH...

Yea, at that point in set 4, I dont think anything mattered, for the Czech's anyways.

according to Jules they (the czech's) already have a spot in the Challenger Cup (im not sure about that) but i dont think there's anything super shady about this match.

I hope France wins though... I want to see them in the VNL before the OGs in 2024.

• Yea, at that point in set 4, I dont think anything mattered, for the Czech's anyways.

according to Jules they (the czech's) already have a spot in the Challenger Cup (im not sure about that) but i dont think there's anything super shady about this match.

I hope France wins though... I want to see them in the VNL before the OGs in 2024.

i would be really awesome to watch France debuting in the international stage before the Olympics!

i dont know who will be relegated and depending on the quaterfinals format... an european team have more chances to take this spot (?)

i heard they would replace Bulgaria for Croatia in the Challenger Cup, but they were already the hosts, so the spot would go to Spain or Czechia (last 3rd and 4th places in GEL). Czechia is quite more ready for this...

• Thanks for the link!

I really don't like swedish setter, her sets to Haak is off tempo.

Also Anna Haak is making so many mistakes at attack, they should really play with twins as OH duo🤦

• Thanks for the link!

I really don't like swedish setter, her sets to Haak is off tempo.

Also Anna Haak is making so many mistakes at attack, they should really play with twins as OH duo🤦

100% agreed. Also their reception isn't... great to say the least. Sometimes I'm wondering what goes through Haaks mind when playing matches likes this. I mean its such a big difference in level between CL final / Turkish league and playing against the Portuguese NT (no offense)

• 100% agreed. Also their reception isn't... great to say the least. Sometimes I'm wondering what goes through Haaks mind when playing matches likes this. I mean its such a big difference in level between CL final / Turkish league and playing against the Portuguese NT (no offense)

It should be also a growing opportunity for a top player. Playing with a bad setter, adjusting her approach. Also she is the one of whom opponent is always prepared, so she needs to find more creative ways to score.

Volleyball is one of those sport that a team is as strong as their weakest link. And Sweden has a lot of week links😂

On the other hand, I like Portuguese setter, she is setting many balls to middles and both middles are scoring very well. Also kavalenka is playing very scorer although she seems to be too slow

• This was one of the most exciting matches I've seen in a long time. The quality was rather poor but the 4th set going to 32-30 and the 5th going to 19-21 says enough

It was an exciting game indeed but so many missed serves at clutch moments were annoying, and they were not even jump float or jump serves. It is nice to see topic back to the starting lineup, she made two nice blocks. This new coach seems to really like Anna Haak because he didn't sub her at all, instead he subbed Lazic sisters although the one who struggled was Anna🤦

From Portugal, Kavalenka has a slow approach so she is easy to block. I liked the setter, she set a lot of balls to middles. I liked especially Carina Moura, she attacked very well and had good blocks. I'm surprised that she is only playing in Portugal.

Is the winner of round Robin qualified to Golden league or do they still need to play final four? It would be weird to have a final four out of 5 teams in total😅

• Thrilling game indeed. If Sweden will win with big numbers or small ones really depends on the setter Wilma Andersson. When she sets decent they win quite easily, when she makes mistakes they start to loose (edit: of course it depends on the receiving aswell which can be catastrophic sometimes). She also made some terrible mistakes in the end of the sets. But I have to say her blocking has improved alot and she got more block points than any of the other players. Defense still reaally bad from her though.

The middles of Sweden do absolutely nothing. Topic is contributing alot in block and that's probably why Sweden managed to turn a few sets to a win when they switched her and the other middle Wasserfaller.

The coach however I am not happy with. He could do lots of serving subs for all of the centerplayers who are a mess in backline defense, Why not swap out Topic for example when the score is 14-14 and she is about to serve? he has so many options on the bench for just this moment. If the match was more important I would be so mad with him! He also swapped out Topic who really made a difference in blocking in the last few points, why oh why?!

I think Bella Haak loves to play with NT even though the level is so much worse than she is used to. She knows she does more for volleyball in Sweden than anyone has ever been close to doing, and she problably takes pride in that. The matches certainly means alot to her anyway, as you could see in the fifth set where she was furious. :P

• He took the 1st Team out when they were losing with 7-8 points difference in the 4th set and after they lost 2 sets they could ‘t be over France.So probably is your idea.

Czechia has to win today or else they are not qualified to Challenger Cup.