Brazil NT 2022

• Pri Daroit was supposed to be a good prospect for the NT...

...10 to 15 years ago. She had a few injuries that made her performance go down the hill. Of course she is good material for Superliga in a team where you have two world-class MBs and scoring machines like Neriman or Megan Easy. I like her as a person but we have to be fair: she is not young anymore, she won't get any better in the next few years and she will never be outstading in a world level. Imagine her attacking against China's, Serbia's, Italy's or US's blocks?! Or receiving Boskovic's and Egonu's serves? Come one...

• Kisy, Macris, Mayany and Nyeme officially got a call. So no Daroit (bless Zé in all his wisdom) or Júlia Kudiess.

There's gonna be another list today, probably with the ones from Praia Clube.

• No Kasiely? Wow.. Ze wants to play on hard mode this VNL.. Maybe he can also try Rosa + Tainara as OH from the get go since he's trying to be so funny.. Amazing stuff :wall:

• NEVERMIND, Zé actually called Daroit. Unbelievable.

Kudiess, Carol and Tainara are also in. No Kasiely...

Ofcourse what better way to announce Pri Daroit than from a fellow team cheerleader lol. So I guess Pri Daroit will be used as a cheerleader?

• Zé needs some experienced player for the major tournament. Someone more experienced on Bench.

• Zé needs some experienced player for the major tournament. Someone more experienced on Bench.

I'm excited for this young team.

• Look, seeing how happy Daroit is on social media after being called actually made me happy for her lol I've always been so critical of her (for good reason), but getting to the NT after so long must be such a good feeling. Regardless of the results, I hope she does well. Not that it changes things and honestly, who cares, but I won't be so harsh on her here anymore.

• I don’t think Daroit will make all the way but she deserves this call more than Tainara for example. But for me it makes no sense that Kasiely didn’t receive a call yet. She’s not brilliant and also don’t think she’ll make it to an OG or something big. BUT she was the best Brazilian OH in Superliga.

(By the way, I hate the way they’re calling players. It’s for marketing purposes but we never know if a player is actually out or if they’re going to make a new announcement within a day or so).

• Are there any young players (15-18) years old at the NT camp? Or whatever facility they’re in.

I see a NCAA coach is there right now

Yep. Almost the entire squad from the last U18 WCH is there, plus a bunch of other younger players that are going for a spot in the youth NTs.