Brazil NT 2022

• I missed Paula, Mari and even Jaque but this was really emotional and fun

• I wish I could translate this to everyone, but especially to us Brazilians that have been following the team for 15+ years, this is such a good interview.

One thing that'd be of interest to non-Brazilians is how Fabi talks about KYK. She said that after Brazil's defeat to Korea in London, KYK came to Fabi, Sheilla and Fabiana and said "ei, amigas, don't cry, you'll win this, you're the best" etc. They're all good friends and text each other to this day. tl;dr KYK is super beloved by everyone and promised she'd play in Brazil one day -- that probably ain't happening, but Minas we are waiting...

Thanks for sharing this! So many nostalgic faces. Loving Walewska's look! Also, I find it funny that the players are still "arguing" with the referee's decision. Old habits die hard I guess. :lol:

• Brazil won the U21 South American championship without dropping a single set. The final match against Argentina was a bloodbath (25-10, 25-11, 25-14). I hope Bernardinho gets to make good players out of Julliana and Aline.

• Ana Cristina has finally released a statement regarding her departure from the NT:

In Portuguese:

Basically she says it's important to have her family around and that she's at peace with her decision, even if it caused a shitstorm of criticism over her (which she tried to keep away from for the most part). She's been around the sport since 14 at a high intensity with tournaments, trainings, changes, expectations etc; she knows that volleyball requires a lot from athletes and that in this moment she thinks it's better that she takes care of herself and prepare further for future calls to the NT whenever she feels like she and the team deserve it. Lastly she thanks everyone who likes (and dislikes lmao) her and asks everyone to respect her decisions and her family.

• Brazil won the U21 South American championship without dropping a single set. The final match against Argentina was a bloodbath (25-10, 25-11, 25-14). I hope Bernardinho gets to make good players out of Julliana and Aline.

Here are a few moments from the MVP of the tournament, Helena (17yo OH, 199cm). Some users in the replies say her approach is similar to Mari's Genius of the Sky

• I wasn't much familiar with Helena before this tournament, but that's real, her approach reminds a lot Mari, I actually went back in time watching her, all her mechanisms reminds Mari.

From this squad, her, Lelê, and Juliana are the highlights, Juliana still amazing me, her slide attacks are so beautiful to watch, Aline was a little bit off this time, maybe because she had to cover Helena in reception.

• From this squad, her, Lelê, and Juliana are the highlights, Juliana still amazing me, her slide attacks are so beautiful to watch, Aline was a little bit off this time, maybe because she had to cover Helena in reception.

Yeah, I watched both SFs and finals and Aline was off in both attack-wise, but she's still great in the backrow and I still like her a lot. The team and coaches seem to trust her a lot too.

As for the others, I agree. Just like Lelê, Julliana I believe is fully ready to be a starter in Superliga. Helena I don't know, but she does have a lot of potential -- I hadn't watched her before too and I liked what I saw for the most part.

• Here are a few moments from the MVP of the tournament, Helena (17yo OH, 199cm). Some users in the replies say her approach is similar to Mari's Genius of the Sky

yes! her form is like Mari (even if I'm looking at the video from far away)

• Yeah, I watched both SFs and finals and Aline was off in both attack-wise, but she's still great in the backrow and I still like her a lot. The team and coaches seem to trust her a lot too.

As for the others, I agree. Just like Lelê, Julliana I believe is fully ready to be a starter in Superliga. Helena I don't know, but she does have a lot of potential -- I hadn't watched her before too and I liked what I saw for the most part.

Imagine Helena Wenk starting in the NT with Julia B. Can she play OH? That's 3 talented OP in Helena, Kisy and Lorrayna

• Imagine Helena Wenk starting in the NT with Julia B. Can she play OH? That's 3 talented OP in Helena, Kisy and Lorrayna

Helena was the MVP as an OH. She can play at both positions but I honestly want her to focus on being an OH.

• In other news, there's no Superliga thread so I'll just post it here:

Paula Borgo (OPP), former player of Nilufer and Bergamo, has been diagnosed with an stomach tumor. She was supposed to play with Zé in Barueri this season, but that's been put on hold.

• Gattaz wants to be in Paris. She'll be 43 then.

Eda please, do the same 😍

• I used to dislike old players getting a shot at NT but after Brazil's success last year, I realized that so long as the old players are still the best at their positions, it should not be a problem. Hope Carol G maintains her excellent shape 'till Paris! :super: