Netherlands NT 2022

• What does this part mean exactly? She didn't want to be team captain or one of the main scorers of the team?

She meant she would be one of the team 'leaders' now that she would be the MB with the most experience. And what comes with that is that you usually take younger players (MB's) kind of by the hand and try to help them improve. That's not a role she sees herself in, also because there are many things she can improve herself (that's what she said).

I think is more like she will get less playing time than before. Probably they want to develop Timmerman & Baijens for starter

I don't think necessarily less playing time, because Selinger told her when she called him that he still saw a big role for her in the team. Personally I agree with that because seeing your best 2 MB's leave right before WCh summer isn't great. But it's also respectable to be this honest and make the decision to quit.

• She meant she would be one of the team 'leaders' now that she would be the MB with the most experience. And what comes with that is that you usually take younger players (MB's) kind of by the hand and try to help them improve. That's not a role she sees herself in, also because there are many things she can improve herself (that's what she said).

I don't think necessarily less playing time, because Selinger told her when she called him that he still saw a big role for her in the team. Personally I agree with that because seeing your best 2 MB's leave right before WCh summer isn't great. But it's also respectable to be this honest and make the decision to quit.

Ok I understand that, really respect her honesty about the reason and I believe it took her a lot of consideration to quite before the WCH. :rose:

• I think it's really weird Knip isn't part of the selection for these friendly matches... She hasn't played matches in a while since Paris was done pretty early. Also she didn't play a lot last summer, so time to prove herself for Dutch NT again!

Probably Selinger discovered van der Mark isn't NT material, since she isn't even part of the selection for this friendlies:lol:

I just started watching, but good to finally see Knollema playing for senior NT:)

• I think it's really weird Knip isn't part of the selection for these friendly matches... She hasn't played matches in a while since Paris was done pretty early. Also she didn't play a lot last summer, so time to prove herself for Dutch NT again!

Probably Selinger discovered van der Mark isn't NT material, since she isn't even part of the selection for this friendlies:lol:

I just started watching, but good to finally see Knollema playing for senior NT:)

Yes, and I don’t think Schoot under her current form is much ahead of Knip…

Great to see Knollema play and I am pleasantly surprise by Savelkoel so far!

• Of course it was just the very first match of the summer. But I think it's safe to say Plak as OH is not it. Schoot didn't have a great match either. Savelkoel positively surprised me. I hope there will be a stat sheet but I'm pretty sure she was the main scorer today. Knollema had a sufficient debut, and TImmerman played well in the second half of the match

• Tie break: D It's good to watch this game:whistle:

• Dambrink didn't make any improvement compared to last year;( She can only score against a weak block or on perfect fast set. She can't score out of system balls and hits under the ball instead of on top of it...

Reesink did okay on serve receivez but her defense is bad for a libero. Hope to see Knip during VNL!

Selinger doesn't seem to like Marrit Jasper. Won't be suprised if she will not make it in the WCH squad and one of Knollema or Savelkoel will take her spot.

• Dambrink didn't make any improvement compared to last year;( She can only score against a weak block or on perfect fast set. She can't score out of system balls and hits under the ball instead of on top of it...

Reesink did okay on serve receivez but her defense is bad for a libero. Hope to see Knip during VNL!

Selinger doesn't seem to like Marrit Jasper. Won't be suprised if she will not make it in the WCH squad and one of Knollema or Savelkoel will take her spot.

I also really hope Van Aalen will be given chance in VNL... Bongaerts set was quite off yesterday to be honest.

• I also really hope Van Aalen will be given chance in VNL... Bongaerts set was quite off yesterday to be honest.

I agree. Her setting wasn't always stable yesterday. On the other hand, I like Bongaerts her distribution the most! Dijkema is to dependent on position 4 and van Aalen doesn't use her middles a lot.