Netherlands NT 2022

• It's utterly weird to see Klein Lankhorst there but not Van Aalen :what::white:

I am convinced it is just for training purposes. There's 0% chance she will be considered for WCh. Van Aalen is already back in Potsdam, and Klein Lankhorst either hasn't found a club yet or will be in Team 22 again. In both cases it makes sense she is used for training

Edit: but I agree lol:what:

• Team 24 (former team 22) withdraw from Dutch league for next season, because they couldn't put together a full team...

Players who had committed to Team24, can choose the following options:

- Continue with the program and train at Papendal, but without playing competition. This will be combined with some friendly matches/ training in a foreign country.

- Training 4 days a week at Papendal and playing competition with a Dutch club in the Dutch league. They will train with this club once a week.

- Completely stop with Team 24 and sign a contract with a Dutch or foreign club instead.

This is so bad for development for young players, they will not find a foreign team at this time:down:

• Hmmm, even Polder gets more playing time than Baijens now.

Seems like not many players subscribe to Selingers vision or want to be coached by him all year. Earlier this year he talked about wanting the entire Dutch NT to prepare only in NL, and not go to club teams where the players come back injured/ out of shape, while his team22 players were in much better shape, according to him. Meanwhile the reality is that Schoot was nowhere near last years form and Dambrink has no significant improvement.

• Selinger never gave Kirsten Knip a fair chance this season to prove she should be part of the team during WCH:down: Selinger destroying Dutch volleyball;(

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…zoen-niet-meer-bij-oranje

• Selinger never gave Kirsten Knip a fair chance this season to prove she should be part of the team during WCH:down: Selinger destroying Dutch volleyball;(

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…zoen-niet-meer-bij-oranje

She doesn't deserve this at all. She was cut for the Olympics and now again. For no reason because Schoot was really bad in the VNL, and therefore a solid backup is needed. What if Schoot chokes or gets injured in let's say the quaterfinals at WCh? Are we really gonna bring in Reesink?💀 She is good but not experienced in any way at that level. After the VNL they should've realized that and at least give her a chance to show. And not in some random group with other not-main-roster girls

Good to see so many NT players supporting her by liking her post.

👏Selinger 👏 is👏not👏the👏right👏coach👏

I repeat

👏Selinger 👏 is👏not👏the👏right👏coach👏

• I'm not sure if the translation was good. Did she leave or was she cut?

• I'm not sure if the translation was good. Did she leave or was she cut?

If I understood correctly, the coach decided not to call her at all. She wasn't even practising with main NT.

• Netherlands NT has been followed for a year and a half to make a documentary. Starting from the 2021 VNL until the final preparations for the World Championships. Trailer on youtube

The first episode will be launched this Sunday on a domestic news website. However according to the article it will become available on Volleyball World as well. I suppose including subtitles so that's good news for yall who are interested :)

volleybal.nl/nieuws/volleybaldames-op-weg-naar-wk-vastgelegd-in-unieke-docu-op-ad-nl

• IIRC they were doing also for the road to tokyo only that..

• Final roster has been released

S: Dijkema, Bongaerts

OPP: Plak, Dambrink

OH: Jasper, Savelkoel, Daalderop, Knollema, Buijs

MB: Lohuis, Timmerman, Polder

L: Schoot, Reesink

This is what my thoughts were in the beginning of this year:

There are some interesting differences. First of all that there are only 3 MB's. It's a bit unexpected but I think it's a good choice. I think it is partly because of Indy Baijens injury. Polder making the final cut again (when was the last time? WCH 2018?) is a good choice after her club season in my opinion. De Kruijf and especially Belien not present was unexpected but luckily the others are sufficient as replacement.

Secondly it is good to see Knollema there, it will be a very valueable experience for her and the NT future. I don't think anyone expected Savelkoel to be there last year, but she completely deserves it. Lastly, the absence of Knip is perhaps the most shocking. As said before, I am curious to see what will happen if Schoot is very bad

• Savelkoel is always good choice for laying eye on :win:

• Head coach Selinger suffered from bladder cancer in the past year towards world champs

Article (can be translated)

Best wishes for his recovery, but he better stays home to have more rest and let a more capable one to take over the NT. It’d be the best for all.

Btw, it’s so ironic for him to say something like this in the interview, after Knip’s case. "To this day people, for whatever reason, have trouble approaching me and having a conversation. I try to remove those barriers or limitations ." "If that means that I have to change, I will do my best to do that," :S