74th All-Japan High School Championship 2022 (Jan 5–9)

• well , finally Kyoei is going home. The nightmare is over

We don't know yet what the matchups will be but

Shujitsu, Furukawa, Kinrankai, and somebody else , oh Seitoku , are in the Semifinals

• I think my favorite teams among the remaining are Seitoku and Furukawa. Why do they have to meet in the semifinals though :aww:

oh did they just post it?

That's too bad. I mentioned earlier that they should be the finals

[edit] oh I guess you could follow the combo flow chart thing and figure it out. I'm not good with those things

• Now even VODs seems geo-restricted. Sad :(

VODs are not geoblocked. Go to this page and scroll down until you find those from today https://sportsbull.jp/premium/…esult/?product_group_id=6

(I think they seem to be geoblocked because you use this page instead https://sportsbull.jp/category/haruko/ On the first day they put VODs under "watch full match video", but yesterday they started to put live matches here which are geoblocked)

• VODs are not geoblocked. Go to this page and scroll down until you find those from today https://sportsbull.jp/premium/…esult/?product_group_id=6

(I think they seem to be geoblocked because you use this page instead https://sportsbull.jp/category/haruko/ On the first day they put VODs under "watch full match video", but yesterday they started to put live matches here which are geoblocked)

Ah thank you ! That worked :D

• Quarterfinal Results 2022.01.07

Shujitsu

2–1

Okazaki Gakuen

Kinrankai

2–0

Mie

Furukawa Gakuen

2–1

Kyoei Gakuen

Shimokitazawa Seitoku

2–0

Yame Gakuin

Some pretty exciting volleyball so far, some edge of the seat overtimes --most, unfortunately, ended in tragedy and suicidal tendencies for me

For the SF tonight, I'm not sure Shujitsu has the defense for Yoshitake and Uemura's power spikes. The reverse may be true too for Kinrankai's defense against Shujitsu's OHs. I think it will be a close match and/but, for some reason Shujitsu seems a little off to me. I'm giving it to Kinrankai

Tough guess on Furukawa/Seitoku. May be up to Airi Furukawa. If she can keep Furukawa's giant middle blocker in check, that may be the key. I like the irony of Furukawa v Furukawa. Seitoku seems to have better defense and more offensive choices ... I give Seitoku the edge

These will be 5 set matches tonight - 14:15 and 16:15 JST

• SFs and final are both best of 5 matches?

yep

• Another Set 2 over time -- Kyoei and Furukawa ... and ... Kyoei Arina Tsutsumi takes it

I gotta say this about Arina Tsutsumi. As ugly as it is , if you are 170cm and take 90% of your team's swings, no matter where you are on court, and the other team knows you are going to hit every fucking ball ... and you keep scoring, and winning -- you must have some mad chops

Haha saw that match now, that is almost cruel setting one player like that. She looked so tired, backspike mayhem. :P

• Love the sound of the ball contact going on here

• Shujitsu seems to have found their rhythm against Kinrankai's mistakes first approach

Shujitsu #2 OH Norimi Soga :rose:

• Kinrankai has woken up. This second set seems more appropriate. They are still getting beat, but it's not silly looking

• I love that Megumi Fukasawa didn't stand there and wait to see if the setter could make a diving save on the ball. She set it. I strongly disagree with players who don't do that. As if a diving setter could set the ball better than an OH standing there

• Kinrankai might have a slight power edge but Shujitsu seems to have better technique and smarts. This is Shujitsu I remember. Same core as last year. I haven't really seen them play this well in the tournament up to this point

• These kids are seriously good passers :heart:

• 3rd time's a charm when you're 163cm :box:

• Shujitsu I'm sorry for doubting you :rose: That was a nearly flawless game

Defend your Title tomorrow girls :super: