Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2022/2023)

• She signed. She will be officially announced soon.

If Toguttt said this than it is like official annoucemnt :obey::obey:

• My God

So

Antropova-Malinov

Zhu-Pietrini

Belien-Washington

Brenda

What a team. I hope Malinov will not blow this up, but Zhu signed for two season’s. :cheesy:

• Poor Zhu has to play with Malinov:gone:

Then, which italians are Scandicci going to put on court?

Malinov, Pietrini and?

Maybe Zhu only plays CL (if Italy gets another spot) and limited matches in Lega a1?

EDITED: Is Antropova playing as italian?

• Antropova is gone play as Italian plus they can go with local libero. She is pretty good not great as Brenda but She is one of the best Italian libero.

• As far as I remember, Merlo wasn’t good previous season and last season she didn’t play due to injury. How is she going to come back from an injury is a big question mark.

I am not sure if this is the correct team and coach for her after such serious injury. After all said and done, I can only wish the best of luck for Zhu.

• But what a hell competition next season. :obey::white:

Conegliano, Monza, Scandicci and Novara.
    Any of this 4 teams have the same possibility for winning CUPs.

Busto, Pomi, Cuneo, Cheiri, Firenza, Megabox waiting for bad day for any of top clubs.

This is gone be the strongest season’s in Seria A.

To bad KYK didn’t signed with Monza, still waiting for 4th OH to see how serious they are gone be.

• novara is gonna be a wreck

• As far as I remember, Merlo wasn’t good previous season and last season she didn’t play due to injury. How is she going to come back from an injury is a big question mark.

I am not sure if this is the correct team and coach for her after such serious injury. After all said and done, I can only wish the best of luck for Zhu.

She's not bad, she's very good in defense but not the greatest on reception (even though she had the best % behind De Gennaro the season before getting injured), obviously Castillo is much better and she will play the most if Antropova ends up playing as italian

For the first season after the surgery, I think it’s a good choice to play at a club competing at CEV Cup only. Both the schedule & match intensity would be less grueling than playing at CL. And Scandicci seems to have a pretty good bench of OHs next season, with Shcherban, Sorokaite (& Mingardi? If the rumor of letting her play as OH was true…), Zhu can have some rest when needed. And I’m pretty excited to watch Zhu playing with Brenda, it can offset Malinov & Barbolini :lol:.

• Who is still free from big names for OH position ?!

I think Monza had high hopes for KYK and now they are in trouble. Larson already got her job can they bring her back :/

• She's not bad, she's very good in defense but not the greatest on reception (even though she had the best % behind De Gennaro the season before getting injured), obviously Castillo is much better and she will play the most if Antropova ends up playing as italian

I am very familiar with Merlo. I loved her in Bergamo, although she never had the same performance in NT. She wasn't that good before her injury to be honest compare to her heydays. Even though I don't remember what her injury was exactly, If it took that long to heal, it must have been serious and I am not convinced she'll get to her top shape. And as you said, her receiving is not up par to cover other players. I am open (and willing) to be mistaken though.

• I'm surprised, and a little disappointed with Zhu's transfer. I remember in one of her interviews she said she will definitely play in VakıfBank if she would comeback to Europe🥺 but maybe Vakıf couldn't afford her salary on top of Egonu's. However I think they could have easily paid to Zhu by combining salaries of Nika and Bajema

• I'm surprised, and a little disappointed with Zhu's transfer. I remember in one of her interviews she said she will definitely play in VakıfBank if she would comeback to Europe🥺 but maybe Vakıf couldn't afford her salary on top of Egonu's. However I think they could have easily paid to Zhu by combining salaries of Nika and Bajema

I think both sides had intent but the injury made things difficult to materialize and she's gotta play ball somewhere. at least she won't be facing against VB (unless scandicci gets a wildcard for CWC)

• I think both sides had intent but the injury made things difficult to materialize and she's gotta play ball somewhere. at least she won't be facing against VB (unless scandicci gets a wildcard for CWC)

Agree, and I think Guidetti wouldn’t risk to put Vakifbank’s fate on Zhu who had a serious injury, and a much delayed surgery, with unknown condition of recovery and form from long layoff. If he put all the remaining budget on Zhu, and things don’t go as well as they’d hope, they will have only Derya left, who Guidetti isn’t even giving enough chances to play at VNL.