Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2022/2023)

• I read in Turkish forums that Ilkin-Alexia were on the way to THY. It might be correct for Alexia. For Ilkin, it was clear that she wanted to leave in the beginning of the season but noone except Ataman will insist so much on her development. I hope she finalized realized that and stays in GS one more season.

I doubt if Guidetti would loan Alexia to THY, which isn’t like the messy GS but is much more ambitious and they can become a threat to Vakif.

• Natalia has been playing bad as of late... Bia a little bit too

:whistle::lol:

Eh I don't think she's playing bad, maybe not good enough for how much she's getting payed but overall she's fine. Both her and Pietrini are actually doing better than I expected in passing and they're struggling in attack, but that's Malinov/Barbolini fault, they are attacking way too much and always have block and defense ready to stop them because the MBs are there just to block and barely attack, in many games the coach of the other teams just instruct the block to get in pos4/2 and don't even look at the middles. I was checking the number of balls OHs attack in Scandicci and for reference on a similar number of sets (just three more for Scandicci) Conegliano 4 OHs combined attacked 782 times, just Pietrini+Natalia 991 and if you add Orthmann, Angeloni and Sorokaite it gets to over 1200, it's almost impossible to stay consistent in attack with those kind of number

• Eh I don't think she's playing bad, maybe not good enough for how much she's getting payed but overall she's fine. Both her and Pietrini are actually doing better than I expected in passing and they're struggling in attack, but that's Malinov/Barbolini fault, they are attacking way too much and always have block and defense ready to stop them because the MBs are there just to block and barely attack, in many games the coach of the other teams just instruct the block to get in pos4/2 and don't even look at the middles. I was checking the number of balls OHs attack in Scandicci and for reference on a similar number of sets (just three more for Scandicci) Conegliano 4 OHs combined attacked 782 times, just Pietrini+Natalia 991 and if you add Orthmann, Angeloni and Sorokaite it gets to over 1200, it's almost impossible to stay consistent in attack with those kind of number

(I should've prefaced my post as a joke/it's only been like two matches lol)

Malinov and Wolosz running unbalanced attacks?

my goat would never

9ac1330c-4198-4b76-b57c-f7ef60001792-large16x9_poulterpostsweet.png?fit=1015%2C571&ssl=1

• Also a couple of corrections :rolll:

Busto apparently doesn't really like Bongaerts and prefers Hilley

Olivotto might stay but she has offers from Scandicci and Vallefoglia, Mingardi is leaving and she also has offers from Scandicci (as backup for Antropova lol) and Vollefoglia, but on other websites she's reported to have offers also from abroad (possibly China)

• Also a couple of corrections :rolll:

Busto apparently doesn't really like Bongaerts and prefers Hilley

Olivotto might stay but she has offers from Scandicci and Vallefoglia, Mingardi is leaving and she also has offers from Scandicci (as backup for Antropova lol) and Vollefoglia, but on other websites she's reported to have offers also from abroad (possibly China)

mingardi as a "backup" to Antropova would be a shame. (as would Antropova being backup to Mingardi)

preferring Hilley to Bongaerts is weird... Hilley has never played a pro match :lol:

Her and Rettke were at a busto match last week.

• Eh I don't think she's playing bad, maybe not good enough for how much she's getting payed but overall she's fine. Both her and Pietrini are actually doing better than I expected in passing and they're struggling in attack, but that's Malinov/Barbolini fault, they are attacking way too much and always have block and defense ready to stop them because the MBs are there just to block and barely attack, in many games the coach of the other teams just instruct the block to get in pos4/2 and don't even look at the middles. I was checking the number of balls OHs attack in Scandicci and for reference on a similar number of sets (just three more for Scandicci) Conegliano 4 OHs combined attacked 782 times, just Pietrini+Natalia 991 and if you add Orthmann, Angeloni and Sorokaite it gets to over 1200, it's almost impossible to stay consistent in attack with those kind of number

But using Imoco’s number may not be a very sound reference, as we all know how much of their sets were gone to Egonu:lol:

But yeah both Natalia & Bia surprised me so far. I worried Natalia’s performance before the start of this season, as her injury prevented her from playing for most of the summer and her shape was really bad when she got some rare chances to play. Then suddenly when she played in Italy she’s been playing like she didn’t have any injury before:white: Needless to say about Bia, she’s definitely one of the biggest surprises this season. And I must say that I really like her ball control skills. Her block cover & her second ball setting impressed me a lot.

• mingardi as a "backup" to Antropova would be a shame. (as would Antropova being backup to Mingardi)

preferring Hilley to Bongaerts is weird... Hilley has never played a pro match :lol:

Her and Rettke were at a busto match last week.

Yeah in the article says she talked with Busto managers in that occasion. Considering there was also the option of promoting Monza as starter could be they're looking for a cheaper option for a backup they would use often. And I mean Busto won its only league title with Lloyd straight out of college as starter so you never know :rolll:

• But using Imoco’s number may not be a very sound reference, as we all know how much of their sets were gone to Egonu:lol:

But yeah both Natalia & Bia surprised me so far. I worried Natalia’s performance before the start of this season, as her injury prevented her from playing for most of the summer and her shape was really bad when she got some rare chances to play. Then suddenly when she played in Italy she’s been playing like she didn’t have any injury before:white: Needless to say about Bia, she’s definitely one of the biggest surprises this season. And I must say that I really like her ball control skills. Her block cover & her second ball setting impressed me a lot.

Actually Lippman+Antropova attacked more than Egonu, I forgot to add :rolll:

• What about Kazan???

They renewed with Koroleva and Lazarenko. Fabris's leaving (Bricio probably as well). Akimova (Kazan player and Russian prospect) could replace Fabris.

• Kadochkina?

She signed with Gold Sport agency and her contract expires this season. So far, there are no rumors about her.

• btw, any news about Pietrni? Will she stay in Scandicci?

I haven't seen any rumor about her.

• is this a reliable source?

They say Fenerbahce's top priority is to hire Zhuing.

https://www.sohu.com/a/5240468…s.15.1645322400083Q02FKpL

https://worldofvolley.com/late…rity-for-next-season.html

They write that Zhu has made an agreement with VakıfBank that she will return to their ranks in the future as a thank you for fulfilling her request to participate in the Chinese championship one year before the Olympics in Brazil :whistle:

• https://worldofvolley.com/late…rity-for-next-season.html

They write that Zhu has made an agreement with VakıfBank that she will return to their ranks in the future as a thank you for fulfilling her request to participate in the Chinese championship one year before the Olympics in Brazil :whistle:

LOL whoever wrote that article should get fired

• btw, any news about Pietrni? Will she stay in Scandicci?

I haven't seen any rumor about her.

Yeah she should stay in Scandicci. Tbh I think that as long as Scandicci keeps her/stays somewhat competitive she's going to stay there, she likely gets a good paycheck and she's from the area (her hometown is like 1hr away). She doesn't strike me as someone that's super competitive and wants to rank titles, so I think she's fine staying close to home, making some good money, and eventually just winning something with the national team

• https://worldofvolley.com/late…rity-for-next-season.html

Zhu ting and Egonu in the same team?😱 That could be clash of egos, both of them are used to be the go-to player at clutch moments and getting the most amount of sets in their team.