Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2022/2023)

• I don't know why korean league chose unknown players when some recognizable players and medalist in big tournaments are always skipped

• really?

I like it, especially if they can keep Lee. It's a strong team for the champions league

Oh for sure it would improve Stuttgart even more and I think she will do good! But career wise I think it would be better to stay in Italy or to go to Turkey. Those are the best leagues in the end, playing against Vakifbank/Conegliano and the likes is more valueable than against Aachen for example. There is still CL matches ofcourse and if there were no other options than low level Italian/Turkish teams I completely understand it. But I think she's experienced enough for more, also with an eye on the NT

Edit: also I didn't see an official source yet.. :saint:

• I don't know why korean league chose unknown players when some recognizable players and medalist in big tournaments are always skipped

Depends, are they OHs? If so then they're skipped

Korean Ieagues only want a killer OPP to score for them

(They don't have OPPs there, and foreign OHs don't always have good receives)

IBK has 1 slot for an OH this year though, since Kim Heejin will be playing in her position as OPP instead of MB

• Depends, are they OHs? If so then they're skipped

Korean Ieagues only want a killer OPP to score for them

(They don't have OPPs there, and foreign OHs don't always have good receives)

IBK has 1 slot for an OH this year though, since Kim Heejin will be playing in her position as OPP instead of MB

I'm not talking about this season,always with some recognized players not being chosen

• I'm not talking about this season,always with some recognized players not being chosen

They need tall, powerful, young players who are ready to score many points.

For them, it is better investment than hiring over 30 years old experience player (who just wants to earn money before retirement) as she may not be able to handle the role of being a scoring leader.

• I'm not talking about this season,always with some recognized players not being chosen

I am talking about every single season

Korea rarely/never has a good domestic OPP, nor do they bother to train one for the position. The only two decent ones in recent years are Hwang Yeonju and Kim Heejin, but Hwang is always benched and Kim plays as MB instead

Even when foreigners are injured/resting, Korean clubs rather put an OH in that position rather than rookie OPPs (not good enough)

Like what Phil said, Korea wants tall and young players who will be their top scorer

It is to the extent of them being set almost every ball, and they are "abused" and wrung dry for their abilities in Korean league without rest even when they're injured. Any season threatening injury and they are immediately replaced.

Below are the 21/22 season stats for top scorers, all are foreigners

Moma had 1,731 attempts

Kelsey 1,836 attempts

Khat Bell 2,116

Yasmeen 1,574

Elena 1,704

(These stats are excluding playoffs and the season was cut short by a few matches near the end too)

• Lee Dayeong will be going to Rapid Bucuresti in Romania as previously reported by fosonline

She and her agent confirmed it to a Korean fan who asked them in Greece
    (disclaimer: entirely shared by fan, so it could be info mixed with his own speculation instead of what he was actually told)

He also shared that she was offered multiple offers from other clubs including ones from Italy, Poland and Russia as well - with better salary and conditions

However she prioritized being having a starting position as setter and went with Romania instead

(I could be wrong, but heard that the Italian and Poland club offers did not guarantee a starting position, and Russia could have been due to the war)

If not for her stressful half season with Marco Fenoglio on PAOK, I think she would've went for the Italy/Poland offers instead

But from what was shared it seems like she prioritized a club that would give her a less mentally tumultuous season

(so curious which clubs those other offers came from:cheesy: )

edit: clearly my phrasing was taken out of context

• she doesnt want to fight for her position?

DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

Girl acts like she needs to start constantly for her non-existent NT career or something lmao Whether we agree or not, it's Korea, she won't recover from that scandal again. Girl go make something of your career I'm sure you'll start a lot of matches lmao.

Lowkey... This shows her attitude again though :rolll: Like good morning any major club you'll be asked to fight for your spot :gone:

• Girl acts like she needs to start constantly for her non-existent NT career or something lmao Whether we agree or not, it's Korea, she won't recover from that scandal again. Girl go make something of your career I'm sure you'll start a lot of matches lmao.

Lowkey... This shows her attitude again though :rolll: Like good morning any major club you'll be asked to fight for your spot :gone:

even if the national team was her goal.... going to some random team in Romania (no offense) isnt going to help her case.

it's an awful attitude... and a sense of entitlement