Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2022/2023)

• delusional about what?

His idea is that there are more teams with quality in Italy, which provides better data and context for him to use for national team stuff and also development.

None of that is untrue. And most of it is geared towards younger players anyways. He doesn’t care where Ogbogu plays for example. She doesn’t have anything to prove

I agree the second part but not the first one. I think the only problem in Turkish league was 2-3 teams which were designed to drop to Division 1 while this number is maybe 1-2 in Italian league. However this is not a norm, how does Karch know how Turkish/Italian teams will look like next season or the season after? It can shift drastically.

For me it would make more sense if he said, "Italian coaches are better than Turkish ones where you will actually learn things and improve" and this I completely agree.

• Lol good for Americans staying in Italian league and playing against world's 3rd top opposite (Haak), rest are questionable. Meanwhile Turkish league will have the best two, plus Vargas. Karch is delusional, his words apply only to younger players but those who already proved themselves should consider first their budget, playing in Italian league won't add much to them at this point anyway.

They are playing against two best OPPs in the World in Turkey and in Italy they are playing in the best league with way higher level trough whole season not just against few teams.

• I agree the second part but not the first one. I think the only problem in Turkish league was 2-3 teams which were designed to drop to Division 1 while this number is maybe 1-2 in Italian league. However this is not a norm, how does Karch know how Turkish/Italian teams will look like next season or the season after? It can shift drastically.

For me it would make more sense if he said, "Italian coaches are better than Turkish ones where you will actually learn things and improve" and this I completely agree.

maybe because past history has shown that top to bottom Italian teams provide more competition excluding the top 3 teams of each league! I think the rest of the Italian league has very good competition between each other.

• I will not make this going on since it is off topic but this year Turkish league had only 3 teams which decided not to compete while other 11 teams could challenge each other. In Italian league this number was 1. If those two teams in between make such a big difference for Karch, I understand him but in my opinion, it is silly. I would rather like my NT players play a good dose of really advanced matches, some mediocre ones and then hopefully rest 2-3 matches in a season against weaker teams. Anyway, I don't agree what Karch said or at least the way he expressed it.

• Shenzhen's financial problems have been shown for many times in Chinese media.

It is said that its chairman is only for the money from Shenzhen government and give so much verbal promise but no money to players and coaches.

I don't know whether this club "has" the future.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Cansu and Macris are some of the world's best setters.

Naz: fuck my drag, right?

• Naz: fuck my drag, right?

I shaded Naz the past few seasons (tbf she was postpartum and had to take a year break) but she is so epic now not going to lie. The beauty and precision of peak Naz and with even more experience and grace. It's a joy watching her, to me she is playing even better than someone like Ognjenovic lately :thumbup:

• Someone made a very interesting comment recently and I understood why I don't like Cansu as much. Although Cansu's game looks more enjoyable as result, her technique is so wrong that my eyes sometimes bleed while watching her (this is especially when she runs off the net and lifts to ball like she is throwing a watermelon on the sky). On the other side, Naz looks very correct and it is very pleasing to watch her. However, eventually what matters is the result, not how they do it, so I completely respect Cansu, though now I know why I had a negative bias towards her all this time.

Btw, which team Cansu came from originally? I know she was at Arkas and was playing opposite before but what was her U team where she got her technique etc?

• her technique is so wrong that my eyes sometimes bleed while watching her (this is especially when she runs off the net and lifts to ball like she is throwing a watermelon on the sky).

I was afraid for a while that i'm the only one who notices it.

• Someone made a very interesting comment recently and I understood why I don't like Cansu as much. Although Cansu's game looks more enjoyable as result, her technique is so wrong that my eyes sometimes bleed while watching her (this is especially when she runs off the net and lifts to ball like she is throwing a watermelon on the sky). On the other side, Naz looks very correct and it is very pleasing to watch her. However, eventually what matters is the result, not how they do it, so I completely respect Cansu, though now I know why I had a negative bias towards her all this time.

Good metaphor:lol: btw I think it's so evident when she is so far from her attacker and has to set to the other side of the court. Cansu's movement seems so big and tiresome, while Naz's looks so effortless and effective

Examples from yesterday's match at 2:07:44 (both from Naz and Eda) and 2:09:39 (Cansu)

Overall (when at her best) Cansu's game is so good and fun to watch while Naz is a bit more conservative but Naz's technique is superior imho

• Btw, which team Cansu came from originally? I know she was at Arkas and was playing opposite before but what was her U team where she got her technique etc?

I think she was coming from Göztepe youth setup, I remember she shared some tbt stories from that era when she was playing for Göztepe.