Polish NT 2022

• i was watching this polish team and so sad we won't watch them at that level since the final of olympic qualifier

They seem to be in a good path,i hope lavarini can do a good job cause now they have more players that can shine

The point is after OG qualies there was no Wolosz, no Medrzyk and the main setter was sth like 5th setter of our NT :white:

• Wanio (journalist) said that there are gossips that Vettori and Blagojević will be Lavarini’s assistances in NT.

Yes. Those are the rumors already posted on this forum ;)

• I am here for it, I think that Vettori did a great job with Opole this year and Blago has the right attitude and experience. In addition, she understands polish.

I think its could be very good staff. I'm suprised that Blagojevic want to work with Polish NT but its very good idea, she has got right mentality:win:

• We are getting closer and closer to get to know the roster of NT. What are your types? I would go with sth like that:

S: Wołosz, Kowalewska, Wenerska, Makarowska, (Skorupa?)

OPP: Smarzek, Stysiak, Sobiczewska, Rasińska

MB: Kąkolewska, Wasilewska, Stencel, Witkowska, Alagierska, Gryka, Pierzchała

OH: Różański, Łukasik, Czyrniańska, Fedusio, Górecka, Szlagowska, Drużkowska

L: Stenzel, Łysiak, Saad, Lemańczyk, Szczygłowska

So many good middles :cheesy: I think roster for the WCH can be very strong. It can be like a wave of freshness - finally only the best players not the friends of the friends of Nawrocki :lol:

• S: Wołosz, Kowalewska, Wenerska, Makarowska, (Skorupa?)

OPP: Smarzek, Stysiak, Sobiczewska, Rasińska

MB: Kąkolewska, Wasilewska, Stencel, Witkowska, Alagierska, Gryka, Pierzchała

OH: Różański, Łukasik, Czyrniańska, Fedusio, Górecka, Szlagowska, Drużkowska

L: Stenzel, Łysiak, Saad, Lemańczyk, Szczygłowska

Rasińska :what: She didn't play well in Wrocław, also she doesn't play good in Serie A2. Bączyńska would be better than her :D

Regarding OH position, I would add Orzoł. She deserves at least to be in the wide-roster.

Looking at stats from the league, Aleksandra Dudek has better spiking efficiency than Górecka, Murek, Szlagowska, Wójcik, Piasecka and many more players.

• Rasińska :what: She didn't play well in Wrocław, also she doesn't play good in Serie A2. Bączyńska would be better than her :D

I still believe she can play on a decent level, I would choose Szczurowska instead of Ola but she is injured ?(

I really enjoyed Dudek’s performances, same as Szperlak or Stronias, but I don’t think she is ready - I especially refer to her receiving skills :white:

• S: Wolosz, Kowalewska, Skorupa, Wenerska

OPP: Smarzek, Stysiak, Gałkowska

MB: Kąkolewska, Wasilewska, Stencel, Witkowska, Gryka

OH: Różański, Łukasik, Czyrniańska, Górecka, Murek, Szlagowska

L: Stenzel, Szczygłowska, Łysiak

For me Fedusio is terrible this season and was last year in NT.

Malwina seems to be in good shape finally.

• For me Fedusio is terrible this season and was last year in NT.

According to stats, she is one of the best polish OH in spiking efficiency

1. Czyrniańska 29.29%

2. M. Łukasik 29.26%

3. Fedusio 25.78%

Murek for example has 19.63% and Szlagowska 16,96%

• I will only pick 14 players.

Wolosz - Kowalewska

Smarzek - Stysiak

Lukasik - Rozanski - Czyrnianska - Gorecka

Kakolewska - Witkowska - Gryka - Stencel

Stenzel - Lysiak

But it is important to notice we dont have many promising opposites. We have Smarzek and Stysiak and then nobody who can join this team. Even in junior teams outside hitters play as opposites. It’s worrying :down::down::down:

• But it is important to notice we dont have many promising opposites. We have Smarzek and Stysiak and then nobody who can join this team. Even in junior teams outside hitters play as opposites. It’s worrying :down::down::down:

That's cause every tall player was converted to MB or OH.

The two promising girls from 2001-2004 were Szczurowska and Reiter. Szczurowska is now injured another time and Reiter is playing average season in second division.

There is promising player in Stężyca - called Martyna Podlaska (born 2006), but I don't think she will have a career like Smarzek or Stysiak.

• I would pick almost the same roster, but I would choose Alagierska instead of Witkowska.

• I would pick almost the same roster, but I would choose Alagierska instead of Witkowska.

Witkowska is the 2nd best blocker this season (last season was 1st with the incredible number of blocks) & 1st best MB based on killing spike %. She deserves to be in the NT more than Alagierska (she also can attack in front of setter and do slides).

My picks would be:

S: Wołosz, Kowalewska (Grabka)

OPP: Stysiak, Smarzek (Sobiczewska)

OH: Łukasik, Różański, Czyrniańska, Szperlak (Drużkowska)

MB: Kąkolewska, Witkowska, Stencel, Alagierska (Gryka)

L: Stenzel, Szczygłowska (Łysiak)

Let's be real Lavarini won't really use all 4 OHs during most important tournaments, I bet he will try Stysiak before any of the 4th option so we should bring someone who can receive and sometimes go to the back row to help & our best receiver is Szperlak. Górecka is overrated & she actually has worse stats in reception & attack than her :whistle:

• I know that Witkowska had better season than Alagierska, but Klaudia was the main middle blocker in the past and I think she can be better with Lavarini, while Witkowska will be 31 years old. I think Gryka should get a lot of court time in VNL, because she's fast and she can attack as a slider and in front of setter. I think she's the future. IMO Kakolewska is numer one, she had the best season among all of them.

• Stats are important, but she fails in any match against good opponent. I don’t care if she is 60% against last team in the league. And Murek/Szlagowska play in much worse teams than her (since Murek moved to Radomka she has great stats an fee last matches with 40-50% in attack).

• We are in situation (finally) when we have many good players to choose, especially on OH position.

I just hope that everyone will stay on their position, because there is no need to put Stysiak as OH:teach:

• Does anybody know what is the status of Kaja Grobelna? I know she changed recently the license nationatility from BEL to POL. Also, she didn't play for Belgium NT since 2019, so maybe she could be an option for Poland?

• We are in situation (finally) when we have many good players to choose, especially on OH position.

I just hope that everyone will stay on their position, because there is no need to put Stysiak as OH:teach:

Actually we have 0 OHs with good NT experience, just Lukasik and Gorecka with one season and not so good one. None of them is also playing great ATM, so I don’t really know what you are happy about. You sound like if we had Larson and Zhu Ting :white: And even Germany have better OHs than we do.