Germany NT 2022

• Linda Bock left the team at her own request. She does not want to make a statement on the reasons for that. She just said that the training with Dresden and Waibl right now is more helpful for her.

That whole article sounds very much like there are controversies between her and Heynen...

https://www.saechsische.de/spo…bock-abbruch-5716484.html

• Linda Bock left the team at her own request. She does not want to make a statement on the reasons for that. She just said that the training with Dresden and Waibl right now is more helpfull for her.

That whole article sounds very much like there are controversies between her and Heynen...

https://www.saechsische.de/spo…bock-abbruch-5716484.html

This is pretty upsetting to learn. It's more complicated than I thought.

• I still think Bock made a bad choice in accepting to play as OH permanently, she would have a better chance as libero. But regardless, it's quite worrying that after such short time with Heynen as coach there already are controversies, and somehow I expect other players to follow Bock's example :gone:

• I still think Bock made a bad choice in accepting to play as OH permanently, she would have a better chance as libero. But regardless, it's quite worrying that after such short time with Heynen as coach there already are controversies, and somehow I expect other players to follow Bock's example :gone:

Right...I hoped she would return to the libero position after last season..

I could imagine that the main reason why she left the team was that she wanted to play as an OH but he wanted her to play as libero. She decided to play as OH permanently because it makes her more happy to score points (not that she made that many yet..) But to be honest right now there are many other german OH who are simply better than her...

I guess she only accepts to play as libero for the national team if she has enough playing time, which she hasn't.

I was quite optimistic when I read about Heynen as coach...but right now it feels like he simply has 0 connection with the team. Not just on the Volleyball-level but also interpersonal...

• I wonder what's the point of changing team captain every week. First it was Pogany, then Stigrot, now it's Janiska again

He is playing Mental Games, like almost all Mens Teams he was !! i guess you are right an probably after VNL some more players wont show up at WCC. the have 2 more chances for Wins, normally they must win this Games otherwise the will finish at 2nd last Place which would be very very bad !!

• I'd like to see Germany use an NCAA tactic.

Use Janiska as a receiving opposite while Stigrot and Alsmeier are the OHs.

This way Germany always has a hitter in the front row where they can take big swings if they need to. It also gives a lot of passing flexibility. It doesnt force Germany to be in rotations where there's only Janiska to take out of system attacks.

Janiska doesnt offer much offensively... so why not use Stigrot in the position where she can contribute the most and cover for Janiska's shortcomings. Janiska also offers a bigger block and better floor defense on the right.

end ramble.

• Hi everyone, my first post here.:wavy:

Maybe a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush these days but the problem is that such line up/strategy might work against teams like Belgium but hardly against any stronger opponents when Stigrot and esspecially Janiska tend to be stretched thin in any aspect. Regardless her at times really awkward defensive play - one of the main tasks of any coach at this point imo was how to make use of /optimize Orthmann`s qualities in attack for the team.

• I think Germany needs scorer outsides since they don't have a dominant Opps anymore. Best lineup would be Orthmann- Alsmeier and Janiska as receiving Opp

Stigrot is most balanced among the OHs however she is not as good as other two at offense and she is not as good receiver as Janiska. So she could only be useful when she plays next to another balanced OH

• Didn't expect Emonts to be part of the training group for WCH:/ I really hope Heynen will consider taking her to WCH though. She could bring some stability! Also with the lack of a dominant opposite, an extra outside hitter wouldn't do any harm:)

• Didn't expect Emonts to be part of the training group for WCH:/ I really hope Heynen will consider taking her to WCH though. She could bring some stability! Also with the lack of a dominant opposite, an extra outside hitter wouldn't do any harm:)

Potsdam wrote already some weeks ago that Emonts would join NT again in August, but I think just as reply to someone asking in a FB comment. IMO she would be a perfect fit for the receiving OPP part that Stigrot mostly did in VNL. Her reception has become pretty solid and she can attack very well from pos.2, she originally played as OPP in Junior NT and also in Potsdam did it at times, for example in 20/21 when Abercrombie had an injury and there was no solid backup, and it worked very well there.

Potsdam's article says 16 players were invited. I guess we can count out Linda Bock, so the 14 from the last VNL weekend plus Emonts plus probably another 2nd libero. Pogany clearly is the main libero but it would be too risky to not even invite a backup. However, Drewniok also was supposed to be back for WCH :/

• These are the 16 invited players:

Setter:Kästner, Glaab

OPP: Drewniok, Hippe

OH: Alsmeier, Vanjak, Janiska, Stigrot, Emonts, Orthmann

MB: Cekulaev, Schölzel, Weitzel, Strubbe

L: Pogany, Lohmann

I'm a bit surprised that Straube is not there anymore. Glaab was ok but not really convincing, neither was Kästner, so I thought Straube would get a chance...

2 of them have to leave the final team, right?

So it's probably one MB (most likely Strubbe) an one OH/OPP.

• I could also imagine 2 OH/Opps being cut (Hippe didn't add much in VNL), Lohmann being used as backrow sub and 4th MB being registered as 2nd libero as Heynen also did in VNL most of the time.

• I could also imagine 2 OH/Opps being cut (Hippe didn't add much in VNL), Lohmann being used as backrow sub and 4th MB being registered as 2nd libero as Heynen also did in VNL most of the time.

Stupid question but I never understood why some teams register one of their MB as 2nd libero...is there a specific reason why they are not registered as a normal player?

• Stupid question but I never understood why some teams register one of their MB as 2nd libero...is there a specific reason why they are not registered as a normal player?

If you register 14 players, you need to have 2 liberos. It is important to remember the liberos can't enter the court as 'normal sub' for example replacing one of the hitters in back row.

• Aaah...right!

Thank you! :roll:

I remember a tournament (it was probably European Games 2015) where Serbian oppoite Ana Bjelica was registered as libero in every game :D